• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Was this mentioned here in this thread about Yoshi Woolly World?

c2qUciz.jpg

So we got confirmation on non-Yoshi amiibo working & what they do.

Went back the last few pages, but didn't see the source for the Silver Mario thing. Where's the 29th thing coming from?

Fred Meyer employee screen showed a UPC and street date of 5/29. Best Buy release calendar showed the same date for their SKU. TRU also had an entry based on that UPC but their system didn't have date information. Target insiders revealed order information regarding Silver Mario's quantity allocations and implied it would be shipped/released with Wave 4.

Was this mentioned here in this thread about Yoshi Woolly World?

c2qUciz.jpg

So we got confirmation on non-Yoshi amiibo working & what they do.

That looks new to me. Very cool. I, like many others, intend to buy the Yarn Yoshi(s) and at least it seems other amiibo unlock costumes for Yoshi LOL.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it's more of color schemes, based on some new info/trailer, rather than actual accessories (i.e Mario's or Luigi's hat), but think we still have to wait & see. It'll be interesting to see who else is supported.

Part of me hopes I can scan Sonic or Pac-Man (make Yoshi's cheeks look like 8-bit Pac-Man).

Shauni

Fred Meyer employee screen showed a UPC and street date of 5/29. Best Buy release calendar showed the same date for their SKU. TRU also had an entry based on that UPC but their system didn't have date information. Target insiders revealed order information regarding Silver Mario's quantity allocations and implied it would be shipped/released with Wave 4.

Hm, is that so? Very weird, I thought it was a given it'd ship with the Wario, DK, and Rosaline from MP10. Makes me wonder if those will even come out then.

And it's not exclusive to any store? Odd. Good, means there's more of a chance, but the way they handled it Gold Mario was very different.

Hm, is that so? Very weird, I thought it was a given it'd ship with the Wario, DK, and Rosaline from MP10. Makes me wonder if those will even come out then.

And it's not exclusive to any store? Odd. Good, means there's more of a chance, but the way they handled it Gold Mario was very different.

The second Super Mario series wave is still just speculation. I figure Nintendo wants to empty the chamber of Silver Mario while Gold Mario is still fresh in people's minds. Gold Mario was Walmart's first exclusive and unfortunately, people hoarding them for scalping or trade bait created artificial demand. That's why we saw preorders selling for $100+ before release but you could find it for $40-50 after release. No/random per-customer limit only added to the madness.

Silver's listing in multiple retail systems sounds like good news for sure but we'll find out soon if Nintendo's stock adjustments begin here. What I find odd is that the CPSIA entry for Silver Mario hasn't appeared yet.

rjinaz

There's a report on Reddit of some Gamestops possibly getting in a few Marths today.

All reports seem to indicate that most retail stores, from Target to Gamestop, are getting about 2 per store. That RESTOCK!

Nori Chan

There's a report on Reddit of some Gamestops possibly getting in a few Marths today.

All reports seem to indicate that most retail stores, from Target to Gamestop, are getting about 2 per store. That RESTOCK!
Son of a bitch. So Ima have to spam the store locator today and drive 50 to that GameStop.

If not can I call dibs on whoever gets an extra one today :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

There a way to check to see if they got any, aside from calling?

I'll be damned if that doesn't contradict earlier reports of Marth being a .com exclusive for Target

Son of a bitch. So Ima have to spam the store locator today and drive 50 to that GameStop.

If not can I call dibs on whoever gets an extra one today :)

50 miles or 50 mph?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wish they said WHERE the GameStops getting Marths were located. I don't think you can check online since they don't update their stock tracker until after the store is closed for the day & they take inventory.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably should just call. I was planning on going into town in about 2 hours, but part of me wants to go in now so I can check & see when I go, but that fear of them being sold....

Edit: OH MY GOD, store locator says mine has "low stock". Calling to confirm.

Edit: CRAP, nobody answers & after a minute, it gives me a high pitch sound. Guess I'm gonna drive in to be safe, despite it being about 10 minutes to get there.

scoot3r

I called dude said he hadn't opened everything yet but he heard that this GameStop was supposed to be getting in some Ike's and to call back in about two hours and check back. Now I have to see if I just want to put off lunch on the off chance that they have some...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS.

Finally was able to call, they confirmed they got some Marth amiibo in stock, AND THEY WERE ABLE TO PLACE A HOLD!!

After my $5 gift card, Marth will only cost me about $8!!

I called dude said he hadn't opened everything yet but he heard that this GameStop was supposed to be getting in some Ike's and to call back in about two hours and check back. Now I have to see if I just want to put off lunch on the off chance that they have some...

I'm not 100% sure but it sounds like Marth is mostly showing up online, not in stores... have people seen him at GameStops? The other concern (and I don't like being this pessimistic, but my experiences so far have borne this out) is that the workers will buy or set aside any rare Amiibo stock they receive for themselves or friends.

When I went to get Ness at GameStop it took over two hours for mine and one other customer's orders to go through, then when I'd finished my transaction I heard the cashier bragging to the other employee about how he'd put his order for the Wave 4 bundle through before either of ours...

Also, you kind of stole my name... not cool man, not cool. Just don't go giving yourself a Ness avatar and we'll be square.

EDIT : Well slap me silly!

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS.

Finally was able to call, they confirmed they got some Marth amiibo in stock, AND THEY WERE ABLE TO PLACE A HOLD!!

After my $5 gift card, Marth will only cost me about $8!!

Good on you, and good luck to everyone else looking for Marth & Ike. Get to GameStop!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So they had it in store already?
YUP! Mine tends to get their stuff delivered around 11 or so. & the employee there said the inventory tracker gets updated after closing when they take stock & enter it into the system, so maybe they got it last night but didn't stock it until today.

Edit: It helps there's mainly 2 employees there and they're very friendly, especially considering how often I go there.

Nori Chan

YUP! Mine tends to get their stuff delivered around 11 or so. & the employee there said the inventory tracker gets updated after closing when they take stock & enter it into the system, so maybe they got it last night but didn't stock it until today.

Around what time did you call? I don't know if I should call them at opening

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Around what time did you call? I don't know if I should call them at opening
Just now. Mine opens up around 10 a.m., but I figure to wait an hour since it'd give them time to get their newest stock delivered and opened so they know what they received.

Edit: So uh, seems someone from the Wall Street Journal on Twitter named Sarah E. Needleman would like to talk to me about my love for amiibo.

Just now. Mine opens up around 10 a.m., but I figure to wait an hour since it'd give them time to get their newest stock delivered and opened so they know what they received.

Edit: So uh, seems someone from the Wall Street Journal on Twitter named Sarah E. Needleman would like to talk to me about my love for amiibo.

Congratulations on finding Marth. Pick him up yet? Two locations near me apparently have stock but they're both 30 minutes away and I have to sleep before going to work in 7 hours. I'd go now but I got lucky on Amazon so I'll go looking Wednesday night or Thursday morning after my oral surgery tomorrow.

Google her?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nah, I'll pick him up in about an hour. I gotta go into town anyways for a college parking permit & pick my sis from school.

& yup, seems she's legit & works for Wall Street Journal. Might have something set up where we do a phone interview. Kind of cool, considering I actually wrote a mock article about amiibo for my Journalism class I just finished last week.

//ARCANUM

How are yall checking stock? I'm on my phone and the GameStop app only lists Marth as online only with no option to check local stock.

rjinaz

This might be worth it for some of you. Japanese Villager at Amazon with prime for $29.99. This means they already have it in the US so you'll get it in 2-3 days with prime.

How are yall checking stock? I'm on my phone and the GameStop app only lists Marth as online only with no option to check local stock.

You can put the item code from him into the url of another search to get it to show you, or just use the link in "Zonic's" post a few posts up where he has already done that.

//ARCANUM

You can put the item code from him into the url of another search to get it to show you, or just use the link in "Zonic's" post a few posts up where he has already done that.

The link doesn't work on mobile :( only brings up a list of stores. No info on stock at all.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What? I'm in South Florida and just checked and got nothing. Closest was when I checked Tallahassee and got 2 in Georgia.
What zip code are you using?

Oh, sorry. Was using Ocala as that's the city my friend is in.
There's a few in Orlando area, few in Jacksonville, and others randomly placed.

Edit: to all, looks like putting in a city name give you more results than putting in a ZIP Code for some reason.

Oh, sorry. Was using Ocala as that's the city my friend is in.
There's a few in Orlando area, few in Jacksonville, and others randomly placed.

Edit: to all, looks like putting in a city name give you more results than putting in a ZIP Code for some reason.

This is the best advice ever. My place has them peppered around. They're reserved but here. Good tip for everybody because zip code showed nothing at all.

Nori Chan

Called like about 7 gamesters today near my area and nothing. Only one person acknowledged anything about it and she said Ike was the only one coming today. I have a couple to try in an hour or so

nubcake

Neo Member
Just checked the one right by my house and to my utter shock, they had one! In fact I got the only one that particular store received, and he also said most stores only got one. So if you're Marth hunting I'd say get out there right now!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nintendo did say "May" for when Marth would get restocked, right? Maybe this is part of the randomness of Amazon getting more?

Picked up a Marth at my local gamestop. They got in two, I was there when they opened the box and got one. No Ikes there though (some people are reporting Ikes being available).

employee said he was buying the other so Bartlett, TN gamestop is out.

now, I am going to open him...

Looks like I may finally get my Ike. My GS is only getting enough to fulfill outstanding orders and the guy seemed to know who I was right away. Maybe I'm the only one and they are only expecting one?

scoot3r

Well no dice here, dude said they should be getting 2 marth and 1 Ike tomorrow and to be there around 12. Guess I know how I'm spending my lunch tomorrow. The struggle is real

Jawmuncher

Looks like I may finally get my Ike. My GS is only getting enough to fulfill outstanding orders and the guy seemed to know who I was right away. Maybe I'm the only one and they are only expecting one?

I still have a Ike on order at my store. Looks like I need to ask about it.

RootCause

Picked up a Marth at my local gamestop. They got in two, I was there when they opened the box and got one. No Ikes there though (some people are reporting Ikes being available).

employee said he was buying the other so Bartlett, TN gamestop is out.

now, I am going to open him...
Can you post a pic once you open it? I'd like to see how it looks compared to the initial print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom