• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Yes, because not everyone has the same willingness to pay. Some people don't mind paying more than retail for an amiibo, some do.

There's a cost beyond the dollar though. Staying up at odd hours, driving around town hunting, fretting about narrow preorder windows, or lining up at 6 am for a retailer to open hours later is bullshit that can easily be avoided.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Amiibo Thread 7 | Enabling 1-Click and auto refreshers won't save you

Marvie_3

Banned
So honest question for you guys. Let's say you want Marth. Marth retails $13 in NA. He is impossible to find. To save your sanity, why don't you just import? I grabbed Marth for $30 from Japan on eBay. Done. No more headaches ;)

This is what I was doing before. Now I just don't give a fuck if I can't get some of them. Originally I wanted to get the whole Smash set but I'm not going through the whole headache of finding them anymore. I'm not going to overpay to import or pay out the ass to a scalper.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So, what's been happening with amazon? Wave 4 pre-orders still a no show?

YSkNTAx.gif

mugwhump

Aww sheeit, I ordered Falcon and Lucina from Brian but haven't gotten anything, pygehd has been down the last few days, and brian is b&

Do I have any recourse besides opening a dispute? I still... want... those... amiibo...

Been gone for a while. What's up with Dark Pit and Palutena? I read that one might be an exclusive? If so that's ridiculous. The US wave 5 is only 2 characters!

Nighteater

Neo Member
Aww sheeit, I ordered Falcon and Lucina from Brian but haven't gotten anything, pygehd has been down the last few days, and brian is b&

Do I have any recourse besides opening a dispute? I still... want... those... amiibo...
Have you tried contacting him? If you have and still haven't heard from him, then by all means open up a dispute. There's no excuse to not hear back from a business within 24 hours.

IIRC he also has a twitter. Think he was the guy who followed mariotehplumber's tweets. I'm sure someone here can verify that it was him. Just letting you know in case you need a way of reaching him about his site.

mugwhump

Have you tried contacting him? If you have and still haven't heard from him, then by all means open up a dispute. There's no excuse to not hear back from a business within 24 hours.

IIRC he also has a twitter. Think he was the guy who followed mariotehplumber's tweets. I'm sure someone here can verify that it was him. Just letting you know in case you need a way of reaching him about his site.

Yeah I'd like to contact him but I'm not good at the twitters

did I just get a confirmation from gamestop for my ike, that i should have gotten 2 and a half monthes ago...are you serious, im excited but damn what the hell gamestop

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

I take it you didn't read the tens of pages of meltdown in here. Without recanting all the drama, he's basically disappeared from Twitter and Reddit and oversold everything, making promises he couldn't keep to hundreds of people. You should definitely open a dispute.

Well I found this with the help of google and diggeh, I see a diggeh. https://twitter.com/pygehd/status/584679193922838528

Good luck.

Oof, yeah, those were back in the playful days when he was promising a small number of amiibo to a small number of AmiiboGAF members. Wish I had stopped it sooner.

Frogstep

So close to release day now! Pretty much Wario and Jiggs, if I'm able to find her in store, will be the only ones I get the 29th.

The rest will prob arrive sometime early June since all my online orders list that as the estimated date(s)

I haven't gotten a text, phone call, or email... Hopefully my store just hasn't gotten their shipment yet, because I pre-ordered Ike in December, days after the cut-off point, and put money down in January. If they got it and didn't tell me I'm going to be fairly pissed (even if I already got one from Target, at this point it's just principal).

mugwhump

I take it you didn't read the tens of pages of meltdown in here. Without recanting all the drama, he's basically disappeared from Twitter and Reddit and oversold everything, making promises he couldn't keep to hundreds of people. You should definitely open a dispute.

Oof, yeah, those were back in the playful days when he was promising a small number of amiibo to a small number of AmiiboGAF members. Wish I had stopped it sooner.

Welp -_-

If I can't contact him there's no choice.

did I just get a confirmation from gamestop for my ike, that i should have gotten 2 and a half monthes ago...are you serious, im excited but damn what the hell gamestop
Same, I actually completely forgot I had that Ike pre-ordered. Now, I have an extra Ike. I'll use him to trade for a Greninja, Ness, or Lucina, I'm missing those three. ><

Drago

Fuck. One of my Jigglypuff orders got cancelled from Target for no reason, and it's not related to my bank or anything like the last few cancellations. Looked on Reddit and apparently I'm not alone. The second one was going to go to a friend but I guess that won't be happening now...

Now I fear for the one preorder I still have.

Sponge

Banned
So I ordered a Shulk on Gamestop's site a few months back and it's supposedly shipping in May. I haven't heard anything about it. Anyone else know what's going on with that?

rjinaz

So I ordered a Shulk on Gamestop's site a few months back and it's supposedly shipping in May. I haven't heard anything about it. Anyone else know what's going on with that?

No gamestop isn't saying. Some employees have said late May and others late spring early summer. Waiting on one too.

LiK

end of May was the then listed release for it so we'll know by then.

MADGAME

Just checked my target order. CANCELED. wtf.

Well guess I won't be getting a Jiggly then because I'm done.

Oh no, sorry rjinaz. Was the verbiage in your email the same as I posted above? Were there any other details surrounding your cancellation?

rjinaz

Oh no, sorry rjinaz. Was the verbiage in your email the same as I posted above? Were there any other details surrounding your cancellation?

I didn't get an email. Just checked my order status. And it wasn't a lack of funds or anything else. Just flat out canceled.

rjinaz

This is insane. So is it pointless to go to target on the 29th to try and nab jiggles now?

No I think that is your best chance. But I refuse to. Screw Target and their handling of this. I can't believe they managed to outdo themselves in shittyness after Rosalina. I'll check online though that day and hope for the best.

MADGAME

Maybe you can give him one of your 4 Jigglys.

Of the 4 I ordered, if none are cancelled, only one is not spoken for. I was hoping to trade for a Greninja as I was unable to procure him. I had already made arrangements with a Gaffer from this forum, but they went radio silent weeks ago so I'm assuming the deal is off.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm starting to wonder if Best Buy just didn't want an exclusive this time around because they got outbidded (maybe only 3 offered by Nintendo), there wasn't any particular characters they wanted, or they realized how damn annoying retailer exclusives were so they decided not to do it anymore.

Still annoyed I couldn't order Meta Knight online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom