• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Somebody contacted Target and this what the rep said:

Rep: I checked your order and see that your order was cancelled since we sent an email describing a shipment delay that required your approval and the new delivery date wasn't approved from your end and hence this order was cancelled.

I never got that email nor did that person. Not in my junk mail either.

archieg2034

Neo Member
"Thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com!

We're sorry but after repeatedly checking with our suppliers, we have found that the following items in your order 8269022 are not available at this time.

Item Description Catalog Number Quantity
Wii U amiibo Murabito (Japan Version) 1037361557 1
Wii U amiibo Little Mac (Japan Version) 1037361565 1

As we are unable to source these items for you, we have removed them from your order 8269022. We apologize for the inconvenience. Your revised order total is now USD0.00. You will not be charged for items cancelled from your order.

If you paid via credit card, we will only charge the revised order total upon shipment of your order. The order total and related amount on your credit card records represents an authorization from your bank for the initial order total. Once your order is shipped, the revised order total will be charged, and the difference between the authorized amount and the charged amount will be released by your bank according to its own policies and procedures.

For other payment methods, please be assured that a refund for the payment difference will be processed once your order has been shipped out.

If your order originally qualified for free shipping, you will still receive free shipping despite items being cancelled from your order. If your entire order is cancelled, no charge will be made to your credit card. If you paid using PayPal, your payment will be refunded to your PayPal account if the refund is more than US$15. Refunds below US$15 will be issued in YesAsia Credit. Please allow several days for us to complete the refund process.

Once again, thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com and we hope to serve you again soon. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department by email or at the phone numbers listed below.

Yours sincerely,
Customer Service Department
YesAsia.com Ltd."

nubcake

Neo Member
At this point I fully expect my Jigglypuff to get cancelled because I was insanely lucky to get it in the first place. I found out about them going on sale about half an hour after they sold out, but I hit the Express Checkout button just for the heck of it and somehow it worked. I just keep expecting them to eventually realize this and give my order the axe lol

Dragoshi1

My Jiggypuff hasn't been canceled yet, nor has my Girl Inkling from Walmart.

They never canceled my Gold Mario either, how many Jiggypuffs are you guys ordering at once?

My Jiggypuff hasn't been canceled yet, nor has my Girl Inkling from Walmart.

They never canceled my Gold Mario either, how many Jiggypuffs are you guys ordering at once?
I ordered two and thankfully they're safe for now and I used Apple Pay to check out faster. Honestly, I got super lucky with that order and I'm scared it'll cancel.

G0523

lol if only we had a nickel each time this gif's been posted ;p

Here's some new ones:

giphy.gif

never.gif

latest

And of course (Sorry for the meh quality): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYX3vJnD2-E

Shauni

Some of you guys just seem to have the worst luck. I've not had a single canceled order for amiibos since I've started buying them.

Wow, the Gamestop that I frequent actually had Marth instock yesterday. I should have tried my luck!

Edit: But they only had two from what the rep told me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, the Gamestop that I frequent actually had Marth instock yesterday. I should have tried my luck!

Edit: But they only had two from what the rep told me.
Two seems to be the most common number, as that's how many mine got (the second one was gone when I went to pick the one I placed on hold).

.....not sure WHY such a small number, but maybe it'll be like Amazon & we'll see more randomly appear.

kirby_fox

Banned
Nothing from target on my end yet. I was able to get in on the second round fairly early.

Is demand high enough for everyone now that you expect to have 30+ people in line? I think it's just now getting there around here, I didn't see anyone for Rosalina.

I have hopes of walking in to get a Greninja myself, but not too high hopes. I find it crazy that you may have to choose which exclusive you get...

skaflone721

Neo Member
I just got my Ike GS call.

How does this work? Will I pay when I go to pick it up or will my card be charged automatically because they took the card info when I did the instore pick up option on the site back in like Jan?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I'm part of the cancellations at Target.

They're liars about us having to opt in, or agree to a further delay.

In fact, the email actually said the items will automatically ship when available.

I've called them a few times already and they basically say "sorry, can't do anything." - So frustrating and I won't shop at Target.com again if they can't actually honor their customer's purchases.

We're sorry, but we may not be able to deliver your item(s) by the original estimated delivery for your order (Order #XXXXXXXXXXXX) placed on 04/02/2015. Your new estimated delivery date(s) are included below.

Here's what you can do:
If the item(s) are on backorder and you no longer want the delayed item(s), you can cancel them from the order detail page

You will not be charged for any items until they ship. The delayed items will be automatically shipped to you if they become available before the new estimated delivery date. If items need to be shipped separately, your shipping charges will not increase.

Thanks for shopping at Target.
Team Target

In fact, the email actually said the items will automatically ship when available.

I've called them a few times already and they basically say "sorry, can't do anything." - So frustrating and I won't shop at Target.com again if they can't actually honor their customer's purchases.

Target suck like that. They cancelled Fox on me way back, because UPS had the wrong address. Rather than try to sort out the shipping, they just cancelled on me.

Two seems to be the most common number, as that's how many mine got (the second one was gone when I went to pick the one I placed on hold).

.....not sure WHY such a small number, but maybe it'll be like Amazon & we'll see more randomly appear.

lol two. wtf Nintendo
Yeah, I feel like they'll get two every now and then. I guess I should have expected something like this when Nintendo said that they would reprint Marth.

Good news to scalpers is that if supply is like this, you can still make a healthy profit off of Marth, lol.

Edit: Target sucks. I guess I'm happy that Target were not accepting Paypal as a method at one of the times where Jigglypuff was available for purchase. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

rjinaz

Yep I won't shop there anymore, online or otherwise, unless I am forced to through more exclusive crap. It's not like I shopped there very often but at least a handful of times a year. Never again. They lost me as a customer.

I bet Jigglypuff will be available for like an hour on Target's site on the 29th.

That's how I feel all the amiibos will go on the 29th. Lord knows my wallet will take a hit, especially since Splatoon releases on that day.

Well, except Ness. I feel like Ness will not be available for purchase online at all and that makes me sad...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Lots of North Texas GS stores got their Marth's today. Almost all already spoken for.
A few got 2, most got 1 unit.

Great restock.

Was yesterday the only day that GS would be getting their Marth reprints? I ask because I saw only 1 store around me get any (but by the time I called they sold out).

bumpkin

I heard through the grapevine that a lot of Targets are going to get 20-30 Jigglypuffs for in-store sale on release day, so if you missed out on the preorders (or got a cancellation), there's still hope!

Although I wonder if it's going to be like Rosalina in that there won't be a re-stock after those sell through.

Ibuki

Banned
Sad to hear about the Jiggly cancellations. Good to hear people are getting Marth and Ike. My store got one Ike for an outstanding preorder, and the box is totally smashed. Sucks for that guy.

Conspiracy, but I think yes Asia only cancel two of the three Amiibos in my order so that the final cancellation doesn't get refund through PayPal but instead they give me store credit.

Nirran

More Gamestops are getting Marth in today. I left my name and number yesterday in case one showed up at my local Gamestop that didn't get any and just got a call they're holding one for me. So keep checking if you're looking for a Marth!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any Target number you can call to escalate situations? On several times I've called Gamestop's corporate number and they've been SUPER helpful with issues and got my Robin/Lucina ordered for me too after the one day of havoc, I wish all CS departments could be like that, and not just offshored to people that can help bare minimum, due to what they are given to work with :/

Regular CS: Sorry, I can't reorder it since the website lists it as sold out. You can have a $5 coupon though (which I'll forget to tell you is for online orders only).

Corporate CS: Oh yes, I see from our internal system that we DO have some still available for pre-order! Would you like me to go ahead and order them for you? I'll even do one-day shipping for your troubles!

I'm fuming and do not know what to do.
bought Gold Mario of ebay :) waited 2 weeks for delivery (from new york too uk)
and the delivery driver CHUCKED him over my gate too leave him in safe place as advised by the seller..
seller was a scalper assuming by he had sold 85..

And guess what guys, there is a reason i got a big gate.. i got two huge ass huskies.

I will leave you all to the math on what they did.

Now who do i screw? The seller? (He is a scalper..) or the delivery company (Yodel, there fucking shit they did this to a cinema poster i bought and the 1/8 yuna statue from ffx Both survived as huskies were pups at the time though so i let it slide)

£48 i paid with import costs and postage.

shanafan

and the delivery driver CHUCKED him over my gate too leave him in safe place as advised by the seller..

And guess what guys, there is a reason i got a big gate.. i got two huge ass huskies.

Now who do i screw? The seller? (He is a scalper..) or the delivery company (Yodel, there fucking shit they did this to a cinema poster i bought and the 1/8 yuna statue from ffx Both survived as huskies were pups at the time though so i let it slide)

Your dogs ate the amiibo?

Insaniac

this is clearly and issue with the delivery company

rjinaz

If you have a problem with the seller being a "scalper", you shouldn't have bought from them in the first place. They had nothing to do with this and did not wrong you. You need to complain to the delivery company.

If you have a problem with the seller being a "scalper", you shouldn't have bought from them in the first place. They had nothing to do with this and did not wrong you. You need to complain to the delivery company.
Oh i have, there "investigating" like they last time..

And nah i have no issue with the scalper (but i do have issues with scalpers making our lives a fucking misery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom