• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your dogs ate the amiibo?
Yes they did, now i gotta spend the rest of the next two days looking at there shit (think the keys in gone in 60 seconds)
my dogs eat anything there thick.
Edit: only thing really left is the plastic which he sits in.. and to be honest if the card was so much as creased i was going to blow a fuse, but this is unprecedented, srill i see the funy side of it all and i would never blame my dogs.

ExVicis

Every Gamestop that supposedly according to their website that ha Marth in stock apparently does not have them. I've physically checked one and call all the others in my area. Is the website lying to me or the employees at the store?

Toki767

Every Gamestop that supposedly according to their website that ha Marth in stock apparently does not have them. I've physically checked one and call all the others in my area. Isthe website lying to me or the employees at the store?

Most likely the issue is that the people unboxing and taking inventory of items in real time are doing it in the back room and the people talking on phones don't know what's being delivered.

Toki767

So then I should check back in like an hour or two?

It's either that or just stay at one for a few hours just in case.

When Pit originally came at GameStop I went to the store and the guy told me they didn't have him even though the inventory tracker said it was in. Waited around for like 20 minutes and another guy came up with a box of him.

rjinaz

Oh i have, there "investigating" like they last time..

And nah i have no issue with the scalper (but i do have issues with scalpers making our lives a fucking misery)

No offense meant, it's just the way you were phrasing it. I hear you but look at it this way, if not for that scalper people like you that don't live in NA wouldn't even be able to get Gold Mario. That's the thing about scalpers, while people look down at them in disgust for raising the prices, there is another that is happy with the price they paid just so they could have the item.

Edit: Just realized we're going back into the scalper debate again, apologies it's so hard to stay away from it completely sometimes.

GenoStarz

Called my Gamestop right when they just got their shipment. Got there five minutes later and they told me they sold out of Marths. Apparently people were waiting in their cars until the UPS truck arrived.

Toki767

Called my Gamestop right when they just got their shipment. Got there five minutes later and they told me they sold out of Marths. Apparently people were waiting in their cars until the UPS truck arrived.

Waiting at the store is the way to go if you want one really. It's not like they can kick you out.

No offense meant, it's just the way you were phrasing it. I hear you but look at it this way, if not for that scalper people like you that don't live in NA wouldn't even be able to get Gold Mario. That's the thing about scalpers, while people look down at them in disgust for raising the prices, there is another that is happy with the price they paid just so they could have the item.

Edit: Just realized we're going back into the scalper debate again, apologies it's so hard to stay away from it completely sometimes.
Haha it's cool no offense taken.

Peagles

I got Gold Mario, no scalpers required. Exporting at cost is possible.

Anime

Neo Member
So guys what are your thoughts on Marth's future rarity? From what i seen the new marth by far looks very much improved from its original counterpart.

Will version 1 still be sought after despite a superior version existing?or will this suffer the villager effect, in which the original is now more valuable?

My Ike order still shows as "Open", so I guess it'll take a little longer for online orders to come through.

I did find a Sonic at Best Buy today. Not the rarest, but I'm OK with it.

RootCause

So guys what are your thoughts on Marth's future rarity? From what i seen the new marth by far looks very much improved from its original counterpart.

Will version 1 still be sought after despite a superior version existing?or will this suffer the villager effect, in which the original is now more valuable?
Scalpers will find a reason to hike the prices up. Pick your poison
"Original print very rare Marth" or ""improved reprint very rare Marth"

ExVicis

God I should have just sat at the Gamestop nearby until 3. They apparently came and went so quickly at that Gamestop that I missed Marth in the span of 10 minutes. Seriously did every Gamestop only get 1 Amiibo? I thought that was just hyperbole.

//ARCANUM

God I should have just sat at the Gamestop nearby until 3. They apparently came and went so quickly at that Gamestop that I missed Marth in the span of 10 minutes. Seriously did every Gamestop only get 1 Amiibo? I thought that was just hyperbole.

THERE IS NO HYPERBOLE IN THE AMIIBO GAME.

rjinaz

My guess is that 1st print Marth will be slightly more valuable but there really won't be much of a difference because there really is no difference. Now when it comes to Villager, I can see the opposite. 1st run Villagers will be a lot more valuable due to the obvious difference on the face.

rjinaz

How is this for adding insult to injury? I just checked my bank account and I still have a pending amount from Target that they are holding for the order they canceled. Got to love it.

So wait, what happened today? Did i miss something?

that feel when they still have not called me about my Ike or DDD preorder. Are those lost forever at this point?

Waiting at the store is the way to go if you want one really. It's not like they can kick you out.

They kind of can. To the extreme (employee's judgement),

Loiter: v. to linger or hang around in a public place or business where one has no particular or legal purpose. In many states, cities, and towns there are statutes or ordinances against loitering by which the police can arrest someone who refuses to "move along."

Rocky

Banned
They kind of can. To the extreme (employee's judgement),

Loiter: v. to linger or hang around in a public place or business where one has no particular or legal purpose. In many states, cities, and towns there are statutes or ordinances against loitering by which the police can arrest someone who refuses to "move along."

Heh, couldn't that also apply to people who line up or camp outside of stores as well? All it would take is one prickish manager to call the police and have the whole line arrested, lol.

rjinaz

Post on Reddit claims Meta knight is now at Best buy's distribution center.

Reprint possibly coming this month? Wonder if they will put some on the website...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Post on Reddit claims Meta knight is now at Best buy's distribution center.

Reprint possibly coming this month? Wonder if they will put some on the website...

1 Meta Knight per sto--oh it's gone too bad PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT WAS THE REPRINT kljfhjfdshfsdkhfdskfjw hmldhgoegugsoidf8u to

rjinaz

1 Meta Knight per sto--oh it's gone too bad PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT WAS THE REPRINT kljfhjfdshfsdkhfdskfjw hmldhgoegugsoidf8u to

Best Buy employee exclusive! Actually this person did say it looked like a lot there, more than any amiibo they had seen previously but not sure that means much. Even 20,000 would amount to only a few going to each store.

Edit: Well it would be 18 per store at 20,000 which would be nice but it still wouldn't meet the demand since it's unlikely more would be made. That's all hypothetical though who knows how many MK BB is getting...

ChrisD

Anybody have pictures of "New" Marth?

Edit: I see there was one on the last page, but I mean close-ups. Just in case it looks like I didn't check beforehand.

LowSignal

Got a call from GS to pick up Ike... but I already got him at BestBuy back when it released. Should I go pick it up or what?

I'll buy him if thats cool, I went and got one today at gamestop and then AFTER they sold it to me they found out they had a list of unfulfilled reserves that didnt show on the computer. It was a mess! They asked that I return the amiibo to them and I did(no joke)

I'll buy him if thats cool, I went and got one today at gamestop and then AFTER they sold it to me they found out they had a list of unfulfilled reserves that didnt show on the computer. It was a mess! They asked that I return the amiibo to them and I did(no joke)

you didn't have to... that's on you. The Employee had no right to do that and I would make a complaint to corporate

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Wow, local GS actually held a Marth from me.
I got down there within 10 mins and bought it. Finally.

Guy said he had 15 calls about it already it, but held one back for me since I had called yesterday. I didn't even ask to put it on hold then.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
you didn't have to... that's on you. The Employee had no right to do that and I would make a complaint to corporate

Yeah that's messed up to ask someone to return an item AFTER a transaction. A complete transaction with item in hand is a done deal on the retailer's end.

rjinaz

Yeah that's messed up to ask someone to return an item AFTER a transaction. A complete transaction with item in hand is a done deal on the retailer's end.

Yeah that's shitty. It sucks for the people that had these reserved but it's not the customer's fault. Once rung up that should be the end of it. Reminds me of the time there was a price mistake on tvs at walmart and the managers were calling people trying to convince them to bring the tvs back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom