• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

Picked my Ike reserve. Looks identical to the original release.
Lol a guy got turned down a Marth because he had already purchased two. Oh, and another gs store sold all of the Ikes that were meant for fulfilling preorders. Amiibo is chaos.

I'm fuming and do not know what to do.
bought Gold Mario of ebay :) waited 2 weeks for delivery (from new york too uk)
and the delivery driver CHUCKED him over my gate too leave him in safe place as advised by the seller..
seller was a scalper assuming by he had sold 85..

And guess what guys, there is a reason i got a big gate.. i got two huge ass huskies.

I will leave you all to the math on what they did.

Now who do i screw? The seller? (He is a scalper..) or the delivery company (Yodel, there fucking shit they did this to a cinema poster i bought and the 1/8 yuna statue from ffx Both survived as huskies were pups at the time though so i let it slide)

£48 i paid with import costs and postage.

Serious question - do you have an easily accessible spot outside your house that could be considered a "safe place" for deliveries to be left? As in, your entire home isn't surrounded by the large gate you mentioned to keep the dogs in, right? Because I wouldn't blame any delivery carrier for not wanting to take a chance with dogs that may or may not be friendly, if going near them is the only way to put your package somewhere secure.

I ask this mainly because I don't really have anywhere at my house that I would consider a safe place for something to be left, especially if the package included such instructions. I too have had bottom of the barrel delivery companies simply toss packages in the middle of my lawn and such. Usually they are just left outside my door, which I suppose is probably the best option for them. But I don't know how much I would be able to get on the carrier if something happened to a delivery because I really don't have an answer for what would be a safe area to leave things.

LowSignal

my gamestop had 4 ike's come in and they thought 2 were for reserves but they all were. SMH. They didn't get any Marth today but hopefully tomorrow.

UPS just dropped off my Amazon Marth. I didn't get a Marth though, but it's not Marf. He's more of a Marth-Fronk. Marnk? Froth?

VBATmo0.jpg

UPS just dropped off my Amazon Marth. I didn't get a Marth though, but it's not Marf. He's more of a Marth-Fronk. Marnk? Froth?

VBATmo0.jpg

Was at a gamestop today where they said all their Marths were for preorders. They showed me them anyway and both of the ones they had had that lower mouth. I decided his name was now Mouf.

God damn that face is terrible.

I'd be more than happy to buy it off of you doe

Maybe his face will change when one of my 3 Lucina preorders arrives. Or maybe he'll be happier when Robin gets here. Or Ike but I don't have him.
Still haven't played Fire Emblem so I don't know if he swings one way or the other.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
If there's any Canadians on here, Silver Mario is up on Amazon Canada.

Note: no international shipping

Om4jw1L.gif

Canada got Silver Mario before AMAZON US PUTS UP WAVE 4 I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

nevah nevah nevah nevah nevah nevah nevah nevah nevah nevah

I still think amazon USA will just put up wave 4 either on may 29th or just a random 3 am morning , they say they want to make sure everyone has a chance but they are just bsing

Hilarious I can get amiibos from Europe but not from Canada, wat

If you had an Ike preordered from Gamestop and haven't gotten a call or anything yet, make sure you go in and check. I saw that mine had gotten in Marth yesterday because of the tracker and I figured they must have gotten the Ike preorders as well. Didn't get a call yesterday and didn't get a call today. So, I went after work and they did get Ike's in yesterday and they handed me my preordered Ike.

Never got a call, could have been a fluke, but make sure you check it out if you have a preorder.

But, yeah. HOLY SHIT I GOT AN IKE! Now I wait for my King Dedede preorder.

RootCause

Did gamestop just randomly get them today? Is this real life? Was there even a hint that this would happen?

Amazon has been getting a steady trickle of Marths. It was a matter of time before it started to appearon other stores. Very low quantities, some stores got two, others didn't get anything.

@diggeh: that's great. Now we wait.... and wait...

zdefonte

Neo Member
Anyone have any extra NA Ness's pre ordered? I'll be willing to pay for Ness and shipping. ;_;

Sorry, this made me chuckle a bit. If you're not willing to pay for Ness and shipping, I don't know of any individual who would send you one. I don't have a preorder, but I think you have to sweeten up the deal a bit more given his exclusivity and the GS fiasco.

I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna be able to get a new Marth. lol I only need him for Steam, don't even want him as a "collectible" got an extra Lucina and Robin. I even have a Ness, but I'd rather have Marth.

Sorry, this made me chuckle a bit. If you're not willing to pay for Ness and shipping, I don't know of any individual who would send you one. I don't have a preorder, but I think you have to sweeten up the deal a bit more given his exclusivity and the GS fiasco.

For real. If anyone lucked into getting an extra Ness, I'm sure it was a hassle and they are either:
1) Going to sell it for a profit.
2) Going to keep it and trade for another rare.
3) Got it for a friend or family member
4) Collect a set of open and unopened.

They are not going to:
1) Send it to a stranger who isn't even willing to pay a little extra for their time.

Josh7289

Anyone in Canada willing to ship me a silver Mario amiibo? I will make it profitable for you if you pay retail for the figure. Please PM me if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom