• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

I picked up my Ike at Gamestop today. Apparently it was shown as in stock at my location online. Someone came in and demanded that they could purchase it even though it was set aside for me. Later the district manager said that if it wasn't picked up by tonight it was up for grabs in the morning.

Luckily I came in today. Once again my Gamestop comes through for me.

zlatko

Banned
Is there a reason for (other than collection reasons) want to purchase more than 1 or 2 of these as a new Wii U owner getting into Smash Bros?

I am going to check my local gamestop for either Greninja or Sheik, and I'm just curious if there's a reason to get as many as possible linked up to the game and level them to 50 in Smash, or does 1 suffice to get all the content you can potentially obtain from Smash using just the 1 Amiibo ?

//ARCANUM

Is there a reason for (other than collection reasons) want to purchase more than 1 or 2 of these as a new Wii U owner getting into Smash Bros?

I am going to check my local gamestop for either Greninja or Sheik, and I'm just curious if there's a reason to get as many as possible linked up to the game and level them to 50 in Smash, or does 1 suffice to get all the content you can potentially obtain from Smash using just the 1 Amiibo ?

Are you in the US? If so, Greninja is a Toys-R-Us exclusive. Good luck getting one without paying a scalper :/

-Horizon-

I don't think anything is locked in smash that needs an amiibo to unlock. Other games like Mario Kart, yeah, costumes are unlocked. But I don't think in smash there are. Though I haven't played the game in a while now so I might not have the best knowledge on it.

I am in the US. Blah. Well the Toys-R-Us is right next door to the Gamestop so I can swing in to nab it.

Do I NEED more than one do you know?

well......they already had in store pre orders for every toys r us for all greninjas :(

don't know if they will have any on launch day or after

L.O.R.D

UPS just dropped off my Amazon Marth. I didn't get a Marth though, but it's not Marf. He's more of a Marth-Fronk. Marnk? Froth?

VBATmo0.jpg

sell it for $500 on ebay

Shauni

So I'm a bit confused about what happened with Silver Mario. Did it actually come up at some point in US in Amazon, but the link was pulled? Did anyone manage to get one

//ARCANUM

So I'm a bit confused about what happened with Silver Mario. Did it actually come up at some point in US in Amazon, but the link was pulled? Did anyone manage to get one

It was never up. Byron posted an assumed link based on using Amazon CA info and applying it to the US site, giving people a broken link to refresh in the hopes that it eventually goes live.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
what is a Silver Mario

please understand

y̱̠̺̖͍̥̠ò̠̳u̧ j͙̫̗̦͡u̲͙̩͙̹̲s̫͚̗͔͇̱t h͏̫̜̱̙̘̮̫ad ̠͉̮̟̙̘̠t̗͚o̘̻ ̙̫̝̮͕̳͎ú͇͍̥̣͈n̕ḍ̤̬̟e̱͙̠̫̤ͅr̺̻͢ͅs͈̻͔͙̯t̟̫͢ạ̱͉͍̀n̼͔̱̰͝ͅd̰u̯̝

If you had an Ike preordered from Gamestop and haven't gotten a call or anything yet, make sure you go in and check. I saw that mine had gotten in Marth yesterday because of the tracker and I figured they must have gotten the Ike preorders as well. Didn't get a call yesterday and didn't get a call today. So, I went after work and they did get Ike's in yesterday and they handed me my preordered Ike.

Never got a call, could have been a fluke, but make sure you check it out if you have a preorder.

But, yeah. HOLY SHIT I GOT AN IKE! Now I wait for my King Dedede preorder.
Yeah, I actually forgot to mention that my girl had Ike on preorder forever with Gamestop. I was the one always telling her to cancel since at the time I never figured Ike would come back, but she kept it just in case. I told her to give Gamestop a call since Marth and Ike were being restocked slowly but surely and they ended up having Ike instock for her, haha. She also picked up a Marth luckily.

1up

THEY LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you do get one and they don't sell it before you get there, that would be awesome.....but i've been fooled before by this

They didn't lie! :D

Also, good thing I'm not a NIB guy. This was folded at the top and that freaking sticker is over half the package.

H4sen75.jpg

Shauni

I would like to get Silver Mario, but I'm not going to camp or bust my ass to get it or anything. My fingers are crossed that I'll be able to get it at GS via WIS when I pick up Splatoon earlier that day. I've had a lot of luck with getting quick selling items with that.

rjinaz

I would like to get Silver Mario, but I'm not going to camp or bust my ass to get it or anything. My fingers are crossed that I'll be able to get it at GS via WIS when I pick up Splatoon earlier that day. I've had a lot of luck with getting quick selling items with that.

Yeah I'm hoping for Walmart or Amazon or maybe BestBuy will do online. I'm not standing in a line for one either.

kirby_fox

Banned
Unofficially officially have May 29 off work, and not leaving for a wedding until after 7.

So TRU opens at 10? Any one hear of potential extra Ness showing up at stores?

Unofficially officially have May 29 off work, and not leaving for a wedding until after 7.

So TRU opens at 10? Any one hear of potential extra Ness showing up at stores?

Ness is Gamestop exclusive, Greninja is TRU. Unless you are talking out of the states. From what I've heard both have sold out though preorders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom