• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bullshit. Getting marth or ike is impossible. Bah.
One gamestop I called said she just sold their only free marth. I WOKE UP LATE ARGH

ExVicis

Hope it's ok to post this here but I want to get out of the Amiibo game and sell my meager collection as a whole. $50 includes shipping with opened original boxes. All are in great condition

20150513_201443.jpg

I also have an opened Little Mac I would get rid separately of for $45 with free shipping.

I believe there's a thread for selling Amiibos but I've never posted in it.

dcx4610

Seeing Japanese Little Mac for under $30 shipped now. I'm close to just grabbing him but it still bugs me to pay 2x over retail.

What are the odds of a U.S. restock of Mac? Should I give in?

rjinaz

Seeing Japanese Little Mac for under $30 shipped now. I'm close to just grabbing him but it still bugs me to pay 2x over retail.

What are the odds of a U.S. restock of Mac? Should I give in?

Yeah I keep debating getting a captain falcon for $25. Seems like a good deal.

Even if there is a restock, which there hasn't been one announced yet for NA, it's going to be a game to get one just like it was with Marth so I would bite if you want one.

bumpkin

Unofficially officially have May 29 off work, and not leaving for a wedding until after 7.

So TRU opens at 10? Any one hear of potential extra Ness showing up at stores?
Wish you the best of luck. When TRU got Mega Man, Ike, Dedede and Sonic, I was the third person in line outside when they opened and by the time it was my turn at the register, all they had left was a Sonic; they got like 1, maybe 2 extra at most of each (outside of preorders). I didn't need a Sonic, so I basically spent an hour-ish outside in single digit temps with double digit wind speed for nothing. Not my proudest moment.

Converse

Banned
Man, I really wish Silver Mario wasn't coming out on the 29th. I have no interest in it, but I really want to try to nab a Splatoon three-pack for the in-game content. Now there's more of a chance that I'll have to compete with fucking scalpers.

kirby_fox

Banned
Wish you the best of luck. When TRU got Mega Man, Ike, Dedede and Sonic, I was the third person in line outside when they opened and by the time it was my turn at the register, all they had left was a Sonic; they got like 1, maybe 2 extra at most of each (outside of preorders). I didn't need a Sonic, so I basically spent an hour-ish outside in single digit temps with double digit wind speed for nothing. Not my proudest moment.

Hoping the seemingly low numbers for preorders is not showing how few they'll have, but that they want to be able to have people walk in at 6 pm and still be able to buy one.

rjinaz

I highly doubt it since it's confirmed to be sold at two stores right now, Amazon & Best Buy. I'm sure I also read it was confirmed at Wal-Mart & Target, but not 100% sure, oh and definitely GameStop too.

True but it's not like Little Mac or Pit or Captain Falcon weren't sold at many stores. We already know this is being limited since it's a limited edition and even Gamestop isn't taking preorders.

It's going to be rare of that I have no doubt but it's hard to say just how rare yet.

Shauni

Is it not kind of strange that Best Buy US put up a placeholder like that, though? I don't shop a lot at Best Buy, but I don't ever recall seeing them do that.

True but it's not like Little Mac or Pit or Captain Falcon weren't sold at many stores. We already know this is being limited since it's a limited edition and even Gamestop isn't taking preorders.

It's going to be rare of that I have no doubt but it's hard to say just how rare yet.

Honestly, just assume everything is rare when it first launches. I completely lucked out on Little Mac and Captain Falcon when they first released. I found a BUNCH of Little Macs at a TRU an hour away from home. Then, an early Saturday morning, I went to a Target that was about 30 mins away and sorta isolated and found myself a Captain Falcon.

What happened to the community in this thread? It's hardly active anymore. :|

Shauni

Well, at one point, the Europe and Canadian posters formed their own thread (not sure if that's still the case, since I still see links for regions here from time to time), but it seems like moving this to the community tab just seemed to gut the overall amount of posters who frequent it for whatever reason

LiK

Honestly, just assume everything is rare when it first launches. I completely lucked out on Little Mac and Captain Falcon when they first released. I found a BUNCH of Little Macs at a TRU an hour away from home. Then, an early Saturday morning, I went to a Target that was about 30 mins away and sorta isolated and found myself a Captain Falcon.

lots of people quit or no longer have the energy for the hunt. Wave 4 exclusive preorders were a clusterfuck (again)

Jawmuncher

Well, at one point, the Europe and Canadian posters formed their own thread (not sure if that's still the case, since I still see links for regions here from time to time), but it seems like moving this to the community tab just seemed to gut the overall amount of posters who frequent it for whatever reason

Well that and we haven't hit the NA launch. We seems to go in spurts.
Every wave launch is when shit goes down in here.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Wave 4 broke everyone. We got moved to community, UK/EU and CA made their own threads. Best OT keeps us together. :)

rjinaz

Being moved to Community for sure killed the interest. A lot of people are on LINE too. Every time I visit that chatroom it is always and constantly busy with people commenting on stuff but I'll check here and it can be dead for hours at a time. Granted most of the LINE chat is idle chitchat while more important stuff is posted here but I do think it's a big reason this thread is quiet is because most of the people that are the most active in the community have migrated to LINE. I perfer gaf myself, never really liked chat rooms much.

Velcro Fly

Nintendo's online store is so bad. I'm glad they don't actually sell amiibo there.

So a week ago Kid Icarus card packs were up. I figured sure why not I love opening packs I'll throw down a little cash and get some.

They arrived today and are literally the same fucking cards you get for buying the game. On the site it even shows a picture of the booster pack. But what I got was just basically replacement cards that I already owned.

Probably the most disgusting bait and switch I've ever seen in my life.

So now I get to ship them back and get a refund. And I'm not even sure they will refund my shipping back costs either. Clearly they are in the wrong but who knows.

And there is like no formal return process either. I have to ship them back with a letter stating that I want a refund. I feel like I'm stepping out of 1995 today with this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom