• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
See Red... Lol
Anyway, what's new in amiibo?

We do not have they new amiibo.

Meanwhile, at Nintendo...

7UQwgpu.gif

//ARCANUM

Hey all! I've got a new in box US Lucario I'm interested in trading. Mainly looking for Rosalina/Villager/Ness/Shulk. Open to other offers though. Please PM me if you've got a trade offer!

Just go to the local home improvement store and get a can of gold spray paint. As many gold amiibos as you want.

Thats just sad. Nintendo really has dropped the ball on these Amiibos. Admire you with sense of humor, but hunting these things down is beyond frustrating. Salty has become bitter at this point. Uggh.

Peagles

What if for NZ Gold Mario is exclusive to K Mart?

lol

I've never seen an Amiibo in Kmart, although I've not looked there specifically I must admit!

I only know EB, JB and Mighty Ape to have them. I don't think any of them are owned by or associated with Target though.

rjinaz

amiami just had me pay for my Pit. Guess that's a good sign since they don't make you pay until they know they are going to get it right?

I haven't been following Amiibos lately, but I might have an opportunity to get the Splatoon ones here in Japan before I return to the U.S. But I have a couple of questions. Preorders for them are all full in the U.S., right? And I know we can't know for sure when another shipment of them would arrive, but has Nintendo said anything specifically about their availability post-launch?

I'll probably try to get them here, I just wanted to try and save some luggage space.

Get home from work and look at EB Australia and see Silver Mario out of stock.

That's the first I heard of it even being announced lol.

Ah well I don't really care for Mario anyway so no loss.

Man places really need to do better in knowing stock or canceling well before now. You might have been able to make other arrangements.

I took a gamble with YesAsia's late July-mid August shipment for Ness, Lucina, and Robin around last month too so we'll see.

Then of course there's keeping an eye on... Amazon... as the 29th approaches.

about my golden mario that got eaten.. and has still not been shit out, i really hope i do not have to take my dog to the vet.

so the delivery company admitted they was at fault as there driver logged down "left behind gate" but they said it is not for me to run the dispute but the seller..

Now i gotta wait for the seller to sort this out, of he sorts it out.

rjinaz

I took a gamble with YesAsia's late July-mid August shipment for Ness, Lucina, and Robin around last month too so we'll see.

Yep all hope is not lost. Save us blessed Amazon. I too have a preorder in for Ness there. They sent me a Little Mac so I'm hopeful.

rjinaz

about my golden mario that got eaten.. and has still not been shit out, i really hope i do not have to take my dog to the vet.

so the delivery company admitted they was at fault as there driver logged down "left behind gate" but they said it is not for me to run the dispute but the seller..

Now i gotta wait for the seller to sort this out, of he sorts it out.

That sucks man but basically they just brushed you off. The seller has no responsibility in this case. If I was the seller I would not refund. that being said, ebay usually sides with the buyer so if you open a case with ebay if the seller refuses, you still might have some luck. I don't like it being an ebay seller myself and I don't think you should do it, but I'm just telling you how it is.

Rocky

Banned

I have orders for shipments in that timeframe for Ness and Lucina at PlayAsia. I also have a Pit on order with them that should ship out today, so I too am being hopeful as well lol.

Cross posting this here from bst thread:

Amiibo collection: Gold Mario, Shulk (x3), Toad, Lucario, Fox, Ike, Marth, Samus, Rosalina (x2) [all sealed, NA versions], Peach and Pit [opened, Peach is NA {has a scuffed butt}, Pit is unknown]. - $400 $250. Calculated at cost and adding shipping for a couple trades, this lot cost me 206.57. So these would be slightly over cost, but still under current ebay average prices. Kind of done with amiibos for the most part. Would be open for trades + cash.

That sucks man but basically they just brushed you off. The seller has no responsibility in this case. If I was the seller I would not refund. that being said, ebay usually sides with the buyer so if you open a case with ebay if the seller refuses, you still might have some luck. I don't like it being an ebay seller myself and I don't think you should do it, but I'm just telling you how it is.
Seller myself, and already contacted him telling them what they said and also noted that they said to dispute it with paypal which I'm not going to do as there just out to fuck sellers over.

So stuck at the minute and hoping he contacts the people that posted it.

MADGAME

A month later, Fry's cancels my Robin preorder. :/

Are you sure it was a cancel? I received an email from Fry's about my Robin preoder that appeared to be a cancellation but all I had to do was call to keep my order open:

We apologize but the item(s) you ordered are still out of stock and
we are unable to provide a definite ship date.

Please let us know if you would like to keep your order active by
calling us at 1-(877)688-7678 (Int'l customers, please call
1-408-350-1484) or e-mailing us at service@cs.frys.com.
If you elect to keep your order active and agree to an indefinite
ship date, you may cancel your order any time prior to shipment. If
we do not hear from you within 30 business days, your order will be
cancelled automatically, and we will provide a full and prompt
refund of any charges which you may have incurred for unshipped
items.

rjinaz

Seller myself, and already contacted him telling them what they said and also noted that they said to dispute it with paypal which I'm not going to do as there just out to fuck sellers over.

So stuck at the minute and hoping he contacts the people that posted it.

Yeah it's a bad situation for sure. But unless the delivery company pays for it, there is not a scenario where somebody doesn't lose the cost of the item, either you or the seller. good luck though, I've been in situations like these myself. Thankfully the price of the items in question were never high enough for me to really fight it hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom