• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo's online store is so bad. I'm glad they don't actually sell amiibo there.

So a week ago Kid Icarus card packs were up. I figured sure why not I love opening packs I'll throw down a little cash and get some.

They arrived today and are literally the same fucking cards you get for buying the game. On the site it even shows a picture of the booster pack. But what I got was just basically replacement cards that I already owned.

Probably the most disgusting bait and switch I've ever seen in my life.

So now I get to ship them back and get a refund. And I'm not even sure they will refund my shipping back costs either. Clearly they are in the wrong but who knows.

And there is like no formal return process either. I have to ship them back with a letter stating that I want a refund. I feel like I'm stepping out of 1995 today with this shit.

Wow that really really sucks! I didn't even think that they would just be spare packs from the game :( Not like it was even an advertising error, it was literally false advertising. That return policy too, yeesh!

Please, someone tell me why big companies suck at e-commerce? Seriously. I heard Walmart is changimg their ways to compete with Amazon, but we shall see. Their current website sucks.

Did Marth ever get restocked?

Let me guess, they restocked a handful of them and they were sold out in mere minutes.
The past few pages, a few people in this thread have posted buying him, so I guess they're going out now. No GameStop's near me have gotten any but will let me know when they do.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wave 4 still hasn't gone up for preorder on Amazon (US), right? Almost scared to ask.

YSkNTAx.gif

EDIT: LiK pls

WarAdept

Oh my god. Australia is getting the Silver Mario Amiibo. I can preorder over the net but I don't want to pay shipping fees. But I'm at work right now and about to go into a meeting. I can rush over to the nearest EB games after it, but I'm scared they'll all be gone.

Oh god. Help.

Oh my god. Australia is getting the Silver Mario Amiibo. I can preorder over the net but I don't want to pay shipping fees. But I'm at work right now and about to go into a meeting. I can rush over to the nearest EB games after it, but I'm scared they'll all be gone.

Oh god. Help.

Isnt australia better with stock? Maybe youll be lucky.

I wouldnt take the chance though.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Oh god. Help.

BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER

ZeroX03

Banned
Gold Mario exclusive to Target, Silver Mario exclusive to EB in AUNZ.

I feel bad for the New Zealanders. They don't have Target. Somebody at Nintendo fucked up.

Oh god. Help.

Just pay the few extra dollars for shipping. You want to take a chance over $3?

nubcake

Neo Member
Yeah it might be worth checking your local Gamestop for Ike because I don't think people are asking about him as often. I checked my local one and they said I can buy the 1 they have on Monday if the guy that preordered it doesn't pick it up by then. Other stores may be doing something similar, so for those of you who did preorder I'd check in asap.

-Horizon-

BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
BUY NOW THINK LATER
It's time like this that I think that you're a Nintendo marketer.

Anime

Neo Member
SAY WHAT NOW.

Fuck everything. Target doesn't do preorders. It was a bloodbath at Target for Wave 4 a couple of weeks ago.

I wonder how U.S. soil will look like in that case.Don't be suprised to see the amiibo riots if its a thing.I feel people will ethier get violent or leave dissapointed opting out entirely out of the game.

I wouldnt be suprised if general amiibo traffic on the internet will decrease as a result of wave 4's release.Many people are giving up this harsh battle.

Am_I_Evil

i'm going to be in Hong Kong from the 20th until June 3rd...going to miss the 29th in the US...i'll have to see what i can find online and then try my luck around HK and see what i can find...

dcx4610

Very annoyed that we are getting Dark Pit when a lot of us didn't even get a chance to get the original Pit. Hopefully he gets re-released during that wave. It would only make sense.

Ryfferr

I think it's great. Let's people's wallets recover a little.

Oh right, aren't the Yoshis releasing around that day too?

Very annoyed that we are getting Dark Pit when a lot of us didn't even get a chance to get the original Pit. Hopefully he gets re-released during that wave. It would only make sense.

Do you live in New Zealand? I have a spare I can sell you for the usual $25 + just the shipping cost if you need one.

kirby_fox

Banned
S...SO EARLY EVERYWHERE BUT NA

NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Really feeds into my thoughts of it being DLC-->Amiibo-->DLC--> Amiibo for every month. April got Mewtwo and DLC, May gets amiibo, June gets Lucas and other DLC, July gets amiibo, August gets DLC, Sept is Amiibo, leading right into Oct (DLC) Nov (Amiibo) and finally ending it all with a collector's edition for Xmas.

Ryfferr

Not looking good on the 4th of july, this is actually pretty horrible.

I patiently await the horror stories in the coming months!

Everyone is still available for preorder in the NZ EB games website and as far as I know, Mightyape hasn't put theirs up yet and idk if JB Hifi has opened theirs either.

Aus EB only has Dark Pit and Ganondorf up for Wave 6 though but all of wave 7 is still up.

ZeroX03

Banned
I was overseas/on holiday for a lot of the time during the period between Wave 3 and Wave 4.

You didn't have internet access for days? That sucks I guess but they were easily available online on EB's website. Most Australian or New Zealand amiibo collectors should have no trouble getting any of them if they pre-order, except obviously the silly Target exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom