• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure it was a cancel? I received an email from Fry's about my Robin preoder that appeared to be a cancellation but all I had to do was call to keep my order open:

Dear valued Frys.com customer,

We regret to inform you that we have had to cancel your recent
order for the Amiibo figure Robin (Frys #8437408). The viral
popularity of this product exceeded the quantities made available to
Fry's by the manufacturer. As a result, we are unable to fulfill
all of the pre-orders received. If Nintendo decides to increase our
allocation for these limited edition products, we will contact you
to give you the opportunity to purchase this product.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So is Ness actually rarer than Lucina and/or Robin? Seems to be the latter what with all these Lucina and Robin cancellations going around.

AdanVC

$36 on Amazon US with or without prime. So about $8 more than a place like PlayAsia plus if you have prime you'd get it in like 2-3 days as opposed to 2-3 weeks.

Thank you!! I was doing some random searches and apparently Nippon-Yasan has Ness Japanese version in stock at least his page says so... for around 36 bucks plus shipping, literally the same prizes you mentioned on Amazon. Is Nippon-Yasan relieable? Should I pull the trigger and order from it? I'm in Mexico so shipping will be 20 dollars... 56 dollars in total for Ness amiibo... I can't believe I'm willing to spend that amount for a freaking piece of plastic wich probably cost like 5 bucks to produce. I hate NoA so much.

Xamdou

So is Ness actually rarer than Lucina and/or Robin? Seems to be the latter what with all these Lucina and Robin cancellations going around.

Well Ness is a GameStop exclusive in the U.S while Lucina and Robin will be available in all retailers. I still haven't received my Shulk preorder from GameStop.

Shauni

I'd say they're probably all going to be in the same tier overall, but being a retailer exclusive here in the States that, as far as I know, only went up once probably will mean they'll be fewer at the end of the day.

Yeah it's a bad situation for sure. But unless the delivery company pays for it, there is not a scenario where somebody doesn't lose the cost of the item, either you or the seller. good luck though, I've been in situations like these myself. Thankfully the price of the items in question were never high enough for me to really fight it hard.
Makes me worried if i buy silver mario from scalpers same will happen again :(.. but i have to buy him, because... reasons.

Thinking about importing a few Amiibos that don't seem to have a reprint lined up here in the US, but at the same time i'm not sure who to go for first.

kirby_fox

Banned
Thinking about importing a few Amiibos that don't seem to have a reprint lined up here in the US, but at the same time i'm not sure who to go for first.

All of them have been rumored to have a reprint coming this summer...I think except Rosalina.

But I have a gut feeling what you'll find in the coming months are more and more of the rarer ones showing up. Marth restock is just starting to trickle in now, as is Ike. I would personally expect Pit to show back up with Dark Pit/Palutena in July.

The bigger question is how many actually show up and how many do scalpers buy for resell purchases?

Dad

My Ike finally showed up out of the blue after being indefinitely delayed from Gamestop! And his leg is busted ;_;

scoot3r

Did some traveling yesterday so I stopped at 2 gamestops to see if any excess marth or Ike's and nothing. I already have one of each but I'm one of those weirdos that likes to have one open and one in box.

All of them have been rumored to have a reprint coming this summer...I think except Rosalina.

But I have a gut feeling what you'll find in the coming months are more and more of the rarer ones showing up. Marth restock is just starting to trickle in now, as is Ike. I would personally expect Pit to show back up with Dark Pit/Palutena in July.

The bigger question is how many actually show up and how many do scalpers buy for resell purchases?

Yeah i'm eyeing Pit for sure since I missed out on him the first time.

Yeah I just bit on a Villager for $29.95 with prime. I had a $10 gc so that helped. I have it so now I can stop thinking about it.

I'm really thinking of getting Villager that way or lucking out later. I also need Ness and the $35 one at Amazon is very tempting.

I should just wait until next month. ._.

weevles

Nintendo tweeted that there will be "limited quantities" of Ike, Marth, and Meta Knight (along with unnamed others) at various retailers "over the next few days". Whatever that means. They didn't specify which retailers. :p

Nintendo tweeted that there will be "limited quantities" of Ike, Marth, and Meta Knight (along with unnamed others) at various retailers "over the next few days". Whatever that means. They didn't specify which retailers. :p
Oh god, the hunt continues.

rjinaz

Seeing this right below his post I thought this was for Silver Mario at first haha.

lol you are not the only one. Thought my page monitor had failed me.

Anyway definitely interested in trying to score a Metaknight. Guess I'll be refreshing 2 pages there.

JIGGLYPUFF'S HONEY DICKING AND HEART BREAKING COMES TO AN END!!!

I found out why everything sold out so fast when Wal Mart Canada put up Wave 4 pre-orders this morning on their website.

I had a Jigglypuff preordred on April 24th off walmart.ca and I got a delayed email saying the item was backordered and would be cancelled if they do not get stock in 28 days. I called them when they announced the May 15th (today's) preorders and said that all delayed ones will be fulfilled with the stock going up today.

Low and behold my Jigglypuff is now Order in Progress on my profile on their site instead of Backordered.

So anyone with that email had theirs fulfilled today and that likely took a lot of stock right off the bat.

MADGAME

JIGGLYPUFF'S HONEY DICKING AND HEART BREAKING COMES TO AN END!!!

I found out why everything sold out so fast when Wal Mart Canada put up Wave 4 pre-orders this morning on their website.

I had a Jigglypuff preordred on April 24th off walmart.ca and I got a delayed email saying the item was backordered and would be cancelled if they do not get stock in 28 days. I called them when they announced the May 15th (today's) preorders and said that all delayed ones will be fulfilled with the stock going up today.

Low and behold my Jigglypuff is now Order in Progress on my profile on their site instead of Backordered.

So anyone with that email had theirs fulfilled today and that likely took a lot of stock right off the bat.

Glad that works out for those who got the preorder delay, but technically Jiggly is Honeypotting :D

Ibuki

Banned
Is anyone else just paying more for the rare Wave 4 japanese versions? I feel like the time and effort spent to find stuff like Charizard is worth the extra 6 bucks. $30+ for Lucina, and Robin is still a bit much for me, but it might be the only choice.

Toki767

Is anyone else just paying more for the rare Wave 4 japanese versions? I feel like the time and effort spent to find stuff like Charizard is worth the extra 6 bucks. $30+ for Lucina, and Robin is still a bit much for me, but it might be the only choice.

I paid $45 to get Lucina, Robin, and Ness shipped to me from Amazon JP with delivery 2 days after release.

$15 per amiibo.

rjinaz

I think it's too early to pay that much for Lucina and Robin especially with Amazon and store releases left ahead. That being said, I completely understand not wanting to have to deal with this crap anymore.

Shauni

I've yet to play over MSRP for an amiibo, and I don't see myself ever doing that really. I like amiibos, but I'm not out to collect them all at all costs. I think maybe the highest I'd go is $20 or something. I have been lucky, though. I've pretty much got all the ones I wanted with the exception of Captain Falcon thus far.

Someone in a Facebook Amiibo group posted an Amiibo poster yesterday. Does anybody know anything about how to obtain one? Apparently it was given to the guy at Gamestop, it could be a display piece, but all I know is I really want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom