• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Someone in a Facebook Amiibo group posted an Amiibo poster yesterday. Does anybody know anything about how to obtain one? Apparently it was given to the guy at Gamestop, it could be a display piece, but all I know is I really want one.

I wouldn't mind one of these, especially since I tossed out the boxes. Nice clean pics.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Someone in a Facebook Amiibo group posted an Amiibo poster yesterday. Does anybody know anything about how to obtain one? Apparently it was given to the guy at Gamestop, it could be a display piece, but all I know is I really want one.

Oh wow, that looks rather neat. Wonder if I'd be able to get one somehow. Maybe I could ask, though not sure when the next time I would go to GS.

//ARCANUM

My Pit amiibo was sitting on my shelf in the packaging for a week. I finally broke down and opened him up. Definitely one of the best looking Amiibos by far.

edit - also did Silver Mario go live anywhere for US yet? I see that Best Buy added the picture to the listing...

Shauni

My Pit amiibo was sitting on my shelf in the packaging for a week. I finally broke down and opened him up. Definitely one of the best looking Amiibos by far.

edit - also did Silver Mario go live anywhere for US yet? I see that Best Buy added the picture to the listing...

Nope, still just a placeholder for both BB and Amazon, which is weird for BB.

Nintendo's online store is so bad. I'm glad they don't actually sell amiibo there.

So a week ago Kid Icarus card packs were up. I figured sure why not I love opening packs I'll throw down a little cash and get some.

They arrived today and are literally the same fucking cards you get for buying the game. On the site it even shows a picture of the booster pack. But what I got was just basically replacement cards that I already owned.

Probably the most disgusting bait and switch I've ever seen in my life.

So now I get to ship them back and get a refund. And I'm not even sure they will refund my shipping back costs either. Clearly they are in the wrong but who knows.

And there is like no formal return process either. I have to ship them back with a letter stating that I want a refund. I feel like I'm stepping out of 1995 today with this shit.

Yay, just opened up my box and was like WTF is this. Literally don't have the strength to take care of this right now. Fuckers.

Yay, just opened up my box and was like WTF is this. Literally don't have the strength to take care of this right now. Fuckers.

Are you talking about the cards that come with the 3DS stand?

Perfect for those that purchased Kid Icarus: Uprising on the Nintendo eShop!

These items help you maximize the enjoyment you receive from your Nintendo eShop purchase of Kid Icarus: Uprising. A durable plastic stand makes long play sessions comfortable and enjoyable. AR Idol Cards that spring to life and battle each other when viewed through the Nintendo 3DS Cameras.

If this same message was put in the one you bought, then it's clearly your own fault since it says these are meant for the E-Shop version since that didn't come with cards. If the message wasn't there then idk, whatever. I don't think they ever sold cards for this, just a few promos and then the Club Nintendo pack for the US iirc, which I still have sealed somewhere...

Taichu

Yeah, I got duped on this one too! I thought they were booster packs based on the picture. All the cards aren't the same in each pack, but very similar. =(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Went to my GameStop and Target to see if they had any major restocks. Noooope... same Wall Mario.
Though I did find a lone Sonic and picked that up. Just need 11 of the current ones left until May 29th murders us all (along with Super Mario Mario but that's so god damn common that it's a joke).

Went to my gamestop today, asked about marth and ike. He said the marth is accounted for but the ike MAY be available tmrw...gave him my info and he said when he gets there in the morning he'll give me a call.

Fuck. Yes.

So I've been banned for almost a month after just making a stupid comment...finally back though, and wanted to report that during my time away, I actually did manage to snag a Greninja and Pac-Man amiibo preorders at Toys R Us. I also found an Ike at my local gamestop 2 days ago. That's about it though. Still no luck with Lucina though :(

I'd probably be down to trade Ike or Greninja for Lucina if I can't get one when it comes out.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You guys need to stop getting banned all the time! You'll be safe in Best OT. :)

//ARCANUM

Who is getting banned?

tumblr_n4h4kyyVaL1smcbm7o1_500.gif

AdanVC

Amazon is just afraid of amiibo fans they are gonna blow their servers like they did with Gamestop. That's why they never.gif gonna up preorders.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Well Target finally cancelled the Jigglypuff order attached to my cancelled credit card. Why like other retailers they don't try to get another form of payment instead of canceling I don't know. And why they kept attempting to charge my card weeks before the item is released is also a mystery.

Not a good showing Target.

Well Target finally cancelled the Jigglypuff order attached to my cancelled credit card. Why like other retailers they don't try to get another form of payment instead of canceling I don't know. And why they kept attempting to charge my card weeks before the item is released is also a mystery.

Not a good showing Target.

Target is weird. Their constant charges (5 authorizations within 9 days) had my bank raise the red flag and cancel my card.

THE CHARGES CANCELLED MY CARD

And then that led to my order getting cancelled. What. The. Fuck.

No other retailer does multiple authorizations. Usually one at time of preorder. One like a week before release and then the actual payment a day or so before. Not 5 in a week and a half a month before release. FOR $20!!!!

I could understand if it was for an expensive item. But not $20

The 29th will be one exciting day for us. What are your plans, Amiibros?

I work that day and it being a Friday, I get paid on that day. I won't be camping out or anything like that. All I need is Ness and I'll end up having to trade for it if Ness is never available for online ordering. Other than that, I'll be playing Splatoon!

Shauni

I'm just going to GS to pick up Splatoon. If Silver Mario doesn't go up for pre-order by that point/I miss it, I'll see if maybe I can grab on via WIS there. I have Ness, Pacman, Splatoon 3-Pack, Lucina, and Robin pre-ordered already so I'm covered for what I want out of Wave 4.

ZeroX03

Banned

I work that day and it being a Friday, I get paid on that day. I won't be camping out or anything like that. All I need is Ness and I'll end up having to trade for it if Ness is never available for online ordering. Other than that, I'll be playing Splatoon!

Jigglypuff & Greninja. If I get Splatoon it'll be imported because I didn't like the demo enough to pay Aussie prices.

sabanoo

Are you talking about the cards that come with the 3DS stand?

Perfect for those that purchased Kid Icarus: Uprising on the Nintendo eShop!

These items help you maximize the enjoyment you receive from your Nintendo eShop purchase of Kid Icarus: Uprising. A durable plastic stand makes long play sessions comfortable and enjoyable. AR Idol Cards that spring to life and battle each other when viewed through the Nintendo 3DS Cameras.

If this same message was put in the one you bought, then it's clearly your own fault since it says these are meant for the E-Shop version since that didn't come with cards. If the message wasn't there then idk, whatever. I don't think they ever sold cards for this, just a few promos and then the Club Nintendo pack for the US iirc, which I still have sealed somewhere...

No, they are not talking about that listing. The listing that everyone bought was pulled from the site.

If Marth is for the 29th (and by the looks of it a few lego polybags come out around then too) does that mean D3 should be around then too or would they be available now potentially?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Af4DsIe.gif

If we want to survive May 29th we need to get to Next Best OT. Only 17 pages left!

Blues1990

Doc is my fav from these lots.

The only reason why I'm not going to get Doctor Mario is that he isn't happy. It's another reason why I had waited out and picked up all of the figurines in the Super Mario Bros. Amiibo line, and I hope the Koopalings, Daisy, Waluigi, Wario, Rosalina, & Donkey Kong will be added later on.

rjinaz

Anybody have experience with this website?
http://shop.j-subculture.com

They have some good prices on a few amiibo. Only cost me $21 for a Captain Falcon shipped. Paid with paypal so I'll request a reversal if it never gets delivered.

Apparently they do a lot of selling on Amazon as a market seller.

Nighteater

Neo Member

Gonna be heading out early to line up for Jigglypuff. Come home then go to Gamestop when store opens to pick up Splatoon along with Ness and inklings amiibo. Play Splatoon all day and patiently wait for my best buy order of all the non exclusives to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom