• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

I'm going to work the 29th.

I'll hopefully have the 5 non exclusives waiting for me when I get home.

I'll probably open up Robin and Lucina right away so I can play Code Name S.T.E.A.M. with the four FE characters for a map or two.

Then I'll probably work on backlog some more since I don't really care much about Splatoon.

Hopefully my JP amazon order for Jiggly comes through ok. I'll monitor eBay for Ness lol :(

crimnos

I was one of the buyers for that Chinese R.O.B. Amiibo, and finally received it today. Fake or not, it's pretty glorious. I'd be happy if the final model looks like this (with more paint, obviously).

41yN4D3.jpg

Gonna be heading out early to line up for Jigglypuff. Come home then go to Gamestop when store opens to pick up Splatoon along with Ness and inklings amiibo. Play Splatoon all day and patiently wait for my best buy order of all the non exclusives to arrive.
I'm pretty sure all wave 4 Amiibos at GameStop are for the in store preorders only. They've pretty much said they won't be any left to sell on launch day. I honestly don't know about the splatoon sets though.

Fox Mulder

The 29th will be one exciting day for us. What are your plans, Amiibros?

I work that day and it being a Friday, I get paid on that day. I won't be camping out or anything like that. All I need is Ness and I'll end up having to trade for it if Ness is never available for online ordering. Other than that, I'll be playing Splatoon!

preordered ness and jigglypuff already, which are the last ones im going to buy.

Renewed

The 29th will be uneventful so I'll pick up my Ness and Splatoon 3-pack, then hope Amazon.ca ships my Robin, Lucina and Charizard while also hoping Bestbuy ships Splatoon. Whole lotta waiting.

I'm still debating going to Nintendo world store for the 29th

The possibility of all of wave 4 + silver mario + exclusives + marth + ike + meta knight + etc is insane

Lucky new york people

Since I live in Boston it'd be like $100-200 for round trip by bus I think

Piscus

The possibility of all of wave 4 + silver mario + exclusives + marth + ike + meta knight + etc is insane

Lucky new york people

Better go early.
Like, a week early.

I work that day and it being a Friday, I get paid on that day. I won't be camping out or anything like that. All I need is Ness and I'll end up having to trade for it if Ness is never available for online ordering. Other than that, I'll be playing Splatoon!

Sit back and relax
if I get a Silver Mario pre-order...
and wait for all of the packages to arrive.

Oh yeah, I gotta go get Splatoon as well.

You could probably get them for cheaper on eBay if you add up the actual prices of the amiibos and the trip.

CKD5989

I bought a Samus amiibo and after receiving it in the mail, its stance seems bent.

WKI7PkO.jpg

Is this normal quality? Should I return it?

Return at your own risk. Don't think Samus is too common at this point. But to answer your question, I believe Bent Samus is pretty common. I know mine is.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I bought a Samus amiibo and after receiving it in the mail, its stance seems bent.

WKI7PkO.jpg

Is this normal quality? Should I return it?

This is a common problem with Samus amiibos. If you stick it under a hot faucet you can sort of bend it into a better stance.

Nighteater

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure all wave 4 Amiibos at GameStop are for the in store preorders only. They've pretty much said they won't be any left to sell on launch day. I honestly don't know about the splatoon sets though.
I was one of the lucky ones to get a preorder in. The manager at my GS was diligent enough to get my and two other guys orders in. He said we could leave after the their entire network went down and that he'll keep trying to get our amiibo preorders. Got a call from him later in the day telling me that the order went through. Went back the same day and paid the full amount as soon as I could to secure my preorder.

Shauni

Return at your own risk. Don't think Samus is too common at this point. But to answer your question, I believe Bent Samus is pretty common. I know mine is.

Yeah, she was pretty uncommon at one point, but I think she's pretty much been phased out at this point much like the other uncommon from wave 1, Fox.

Anime

Neo Member

Lucky new york people

I say go, only if you plan on arriving hours in advance.I love in NYC and people were camping out nearly 12 hours in adavance just for Gold Mario.

Now imagine the hype with Silver Mario and Wave 4, i say its worth going because you can snag em all in one piece but only if you arrive very early.

I beleive NW is doing a midnight luanch if you arrive in the morning before 12 P.M. you should be fine.

MADGAME

The frequency to which Target nails my card for Jiggly seems to be increasing. There was a charge earlier this week, one on 5/13, one on 5/14 and another yesterday. Enough is enough.

rjinaz

The frequency to which Target nails my card for Jiggly seems to be increasing. There was a charge earlier this week, one on 5/13, one on 5/14 and another yesterday. Enough is enough.

Yeah it's crazy. And considering I never got an email from Target about my recent cancellation I'm guessing it could have been Bank of America that denied the charge due to the constant holds. I was getting one or two charges a week. I kid you not it was probably at 10-12 since April 2nd.

Either way I blame Target.

MADGAME

Yeah it's crazy. And considering I never got an email from Target about my recent cancellation I'm guessing it could have been Bank of America that denied the charge due to the constant holds. I was getting one or two charges a week. I kid you not it was probably at 10-12 since April 2nd.

Either way I blame Target.

Yeah it's definitely Target's fault. I think they are re-authorizing as soon as the previous authorizations expire, which I believe is every 3 days or so. It's quite excessive.

DarkKyo

Lol seriously why the hell do they have to do it so many times? I've noticed it like 2-3 times so far in a month and a half.

I was out of town when the Gamestop Marths came in this week so I missed out, but I happened to check my mother-in-law's zip code in BFE Tennessee and both of the stores near her had them in stock. She called and they're holding one for her, and apparently it has a defect on his hair.

When it comes in I'll definitely share some photos!

MADGAME

Lol seriously why the hell do they have to do it so many times? I've noticed it like 2-3 times so far in a month and a half.

Not sure, it's way more frequent for me though. Additionally, the math doesn't add up to neither the number of Jiggly's I ordered nor the amounts. The amounts are the same each time though. Oh well, less than 2 weeks to go.

This is a common problem with Samus amiibos. If you stick it under a hot faucet you can sort of bend it into a better stance.

That has occurred to a bunch of samus ones. Pretty hard to avoid.

This is a common problem with the Samus amiibo. Mine is fine but I had to look among a few of them.

Thanks guys. But aside from it being bent, it looks pretty typical for a samus figure right?

I saw it in person once months ago and...I had a better impression. If this is what the figure usually looks like I might not replace it

I say go, only if you plan on arriving hours in advance.I love in NYC and people were camping out nearly 12 hours in adavance just for Gold Mario.

Now imagine the hype with Silver Mario and Wave 4, i say its worth going because you can snag em all in one piece but only if you arrive very early.

I beleive NW is doing a midnight luanch if you arrive in the morning before 12 P.M. you should be fine.

I was planning on going before 12 pm Thursday, the only problem i have is the bathroom situation haha, i don't think i could trust the person in front of me or in back to hold my spot :/

plus theres a pizza shop and cvs right there so im covered for food.

midnight launch is good cause i can come home early

I will be going to walmart at midnight to try and get a splatoon 3 pack and possibly a robin and if that fails ima camo out in front of target in the morning to try and get one. I dont need anything from wave 4 as i only wanted ness, pacman, and wario and i imported those from japan.

-Horizon-

Thanks guys. But aside from it being bent, it looks pretty typical for a samus figure right?

I saw it in person once months ago and...I had a better impression. If this is what the figure usually looks like I might not replace it

I mean, its a little more tilted than mine (which you can easily fix as mentioned above in another post) but other than that, looks exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom