• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shauni

In my experience with Walmart and amiibo, you get an authorization charge which goes away and then before they start to ship they actually charge you. As I recall I got charged for King D3 and Ike about 10 days before they shipped.

It might depend on the bank or card used. I always use visa debit.

Hm, I use MasterCard for both my debit and credit, so maybe that has something to do with it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
If Wave 4 is the wave that broke everyone, I can't imagine the horror of the next few Smash waves.

CorvoSol

I dunno if it broke me, but wave 4 definitely sapped me. So much tomfuckery going on with this wave and so much rampant speculation. I might just stick to paying importers a little more to avoid the entire trauma of trying to buy these stupid things.

Fox Mulder

If Wave 4 is the wave that broke everyone, I can't imagine the horror of the next few Smash waves.

each wave has got worse and we're pretty much halfway into 2015 with little if any sign of nintendo ever getting this bullshit right.

I don't care anymore and this is making me hate nintendo. So I'm out once Ness appears in the mail from the gamestop preorder trainwreck. I've got 10 and will probably cut that down a bit anyways.

Shauni

Eh, I understand the frustration and all, but I just can't find myself to really get bitter or angry about toys. I'm still going to try and get the amiibos I want in the last few waves and whatever is beyond the Smash ones that I want.

Jergingha

Neo Member
I think I've begun to lose interest in Amiibo.

Already got my Ness. I think after I get my Wave 4/Splatoon Amiibo that I managed to preorder from Walmart, I'll call it quits.

each wave has got worse and we're pretty much halfway into 2015 with little if any sign of nintendo ever getting this bullshit right.

I don't care anymore and this is making me hate nintendo. So I'm out once Ness appears in the mail from the gamestop preorder trainwreck. I've got 10 and will probably cut that down a bit anyways.

they got it perfect with the super mario line i can walk into most stores and buy the full set the thing that sucks with the smash line its also the problem disney and activision also have is there isnt enough shelf space to keep every character stocked all at once.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Where's Amazon?

3Acg01m.gif

bigkrev

So I actually have Friday's off all summer long (Thank god for 4 day summer workweeks), so I actually can stand in line on 5/29. What store gives me the best shot at Lucina/Robin, and how early should I go?

Drago

So I actually have Friday's off all summer long (Thank god for 4 day summer workweeks), so I actually can stand in line on 5/29. What store gives me the best shot at Lucina/Robin, and how early should I go?
Target. Get in line as early as you possibly can. Most Target's are only getting 4 of each so you will wanna be one of the first 4 people in line if you wanna be safe.

You may get lucky with TRU and Best Buy as well. Don't expect to find anything at Gamestop or Walmart (unless things are changing, Walmart has always been super late to getting wave 2 and 3 in stores. Having a release date may change that though)

I forgot the end of May is almost here. I got fired, so I might have to decide who to keep out of Charizard, Jigglypuff and Ness. Selling them might be my only choice later.

I'm gonna need the money, we'll see who has to go. :(

AdanVC

This. It's been like 2 weeks since NoA officially made an statement over amiibo stock shortages across the country but it doesn't matter if we don't see actual improvements wich by the looks of it, it will not improve a bit. Even less if NoA continues giving amiibo exclusives to retails. Now because of that, the american version of Ness is unicorn-tier level and that totally sucks because Ness is the most wanted amiibo of wave 4 and lot's of people are giving up on amiibo already because they can't even get their favorite figures unless you pay high amounts to scalpers or import them and wait months for it to arrive.

nubcake

Neo Member
Well I guess the question is narrowed down to will Amazon Wave 4 go up this week or next.

PLOT TWIST: Nintendo determined that Amazon's competence made all the other sellers look bad, so they're actually never getting any and the placeholder pages are only there for 3rd parties to sell at $40+ later on.

Jawmuncher

PLOT TWIST: Nintendo determined that Amazon's competence made all the other sellers look bad, so they're actually never getting any and the placeholder pages are only there for 3rd parties to sell at $40+ later on.

Double Twist. Amazon will be selling them pretending to Be the third party sellers.

Velcro Fly

Display would be perfect for

Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Toad
Peach
Rosalina

You get the four playable characters from SMB2 US, Yoshi for all his games, and more recently Rosalina

My guess for Amazon's strategy is, "Screw it, we're not taking preorders. We'll put them for sale live on 5/29 when we already have them in stock and when they sell out, they're gone. Not dealing with angry customers who didn't get their preorder."

ChaosXVI

My local Meijer supermarket put out racks for Wario, Lucina, Robin, and Charizard today...here's hoping for a broken street date before next Friday.

For real though, I'll be checking everyday until then.

Velcro Fly

My guess for Amazon's strategy is, "Screw it, we're not taking preorders. We'll put them for sale live on 5/29 when we already have them in stock and when they sell out, they're gone. Not dealing with angry customers who didn't get their preorder."

I imagine they are probably sick of reviews pouring in to whine about availability and scalpers.

Walmart doing authorization charges for my Lucina, Robin, and Splatoon Amiibo preorders. Target seems to do this regularly, but this is the first I've had from Walmart. Does this mean shipment is imminent?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My local Meijer supermarket put out racks for Wario, Lucina, Robin, and Charizard today...here's hoping for a broken street date before next Friday.

For real though, I'll be checking everyday until then.
Guess I might have to give in & get Wave 4 from Meijer. I got real lucky with the fact I was able to get Dedede and Ike, plus a Mega Man for my friend, the day they got them in. They didn't even open the boxes up yet to stock them.

I'm in central Michigan, so I'll try my best to check around 11 a.m. or 2 p.m. on weekdays excluding Friday once I start hearing about other locations getting them. At the very least, might as well get Lucina & Robin since Wario & Charizard (and Pac-Man) won't be as hard to find in comparison.

Walmart doing authorization charges for my Lucina, Robin, and Splatoon Amiibo preorders. Target seems to do this regularly, but this is the first I've had from Walmart. Does this mean shipment is imminent?

On my Discover card yesterday I was charged for Pac-Man, Charizard, and Wario from Walmart.com..my AMEX card has still not been charged for the Splatoon 3 pack

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ya know, I just realized. That actually can fit all the Mario characters so far. It seems like it fits 6 amiibos, and both SSB and the Super Mario line have 6 Mario characters. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, & then either Toad or Rosalina.

Now imagine if there was a Triforce one where you could put all 5 Zelda characters in their, or at the very least, Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.

//ARCANUM

Hey diggeh.... you think amazon might happen soon?

i'm sorry

edit -
oh crap, top of page, now i'm even more sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom