• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
this is what the villager reprint looks like? here's an unboxing video.

NNg9Nb6.jpg

New Villager is starting to grow on me. If only the face was moved upward juuuust a bit and made the eyes a bit larger it would be perfect.

Ranger747

Neo Member
Sorry but I'm not totally clear about the 29th. Will some of the rarer Amiibos just be on store shelves then? I missed the pre-order of the Splatoon set by 5 minutes when it happened, and I'd love a chance to actually get it.

dcx4610

Dedede is showing unavailable online but available for in-store pick up in 7-10 days at Best Buy. Looks like they might have a warehouse full like Meta Knight.

Dedede is showing unavailable online but available for in-store pick up in 7-10 days at Best Buy. Looks like they might have a warehouse full like Meta Knight.

"Sorry, there was a problem adding the item to your cart. Please try again."

That was for all 20 stores in the state.

Rocky

Banned
My Pit from PlayAsia still hasn't shipped. At least I haven't received any sort of notification on it. My order said 5/15 and now there is a red sold icon by it when I check the order. Is anyone else waiting on a Pit to ship from them?

SaviourMK2

My Pit from PlayAsia still hasn't shipped. At least I haven't received any sort of notification on it. My order said 5/15 and now there is a red sold icon by it when I check the order. Is anyone else waiting on a Pit to ship from them?

Wish I could help, I had a Villager ordered, it shipped 4 day earlier than estimated and it's been 10 day since it left, I can't even track the damned thing

Fox Mulder

The more people that get dedede the better. I got him at gamestop and he's the best looking one in my opinion.

The 29th will be one exciting day for us. What are your plans, Amiibros?

I work that day and it being a Friday, I get paid on that day. I won't be camping out or anything like that. All I need is Ness and I'll end up having to trade for it if Ness is never available for online ordering. Other than that, I'll be playing Splatoon!

I will most likely be driving around in search for the Splatoon amiibo 3 pack and once I get them (if that even happens) I'll go home and play Splatoon itself. :)

SaviourMK2

I'm planning on being at Target early so I can garuntee a Lucina, Jigglypuff and Silver Mario.

Ness NA for me isn't happening, unless I get stupid lucky.
I was thinking of going to TRU for Marth but knowing ho stupid my TRU is, they'll either break street date or sell all the marths to one person.

Nia

My friend gave me twelve dollars and asked me to find a Marth Amiibo. He might as well have asked me to find the meaning of life, but I did decide to check my Gamestop. Nintendo gave them a grand total of two which were eaten up instantly.

shanafan

My friend gave me twelve dollars and asked me to find a Marth Amiibo. He might as well have asked me to find the meaning of life, but I did decide to check my Gamestop. Nintendo gave them a grand total of two which were eaten up instantly.

He expected you to pay the tax?

Chindogg

You should keep the $12 as a fee for wasting your time.

rjinaz

It's nice to want things. The real question is why you humored him and didn't just laugh.

Frogstep

Uh oh, I've got nothing until Friday. Does anyone know if they'll just hold my Walmart order or just try and charge me anyway?

I really don't want my shit getting canceled. :(

rjinaz

Because I'm a nice guy I suppose.

I was just joshin ya. Though I might have informed him the reality of the situation as to not give him false hope and maybe visited a local gamestop at the most or pointed him in the right direction.

rjinaz

Uh oh, I've got nothing until Friday. Does anyone know if they'll just hold my Walmart order or just try and charge me anyway?

I really don't want my shit getting canceled. :(

I'm not sure there is anything that you can do. I would put money in your account asap even borrow if you must. Better than getting an overdraft fee and having your order canceled.

Frogstep

I'm not sure there is anything that you can do. I would put money in your account asap even borrow if you must. Better than getting an overdraft fee and having your order canceled.

Shit, there's only 32 cents on my card lol. I was hoping charges would go out next week when I'd actually be ready. D:

Nia

I was just joshin ya. Though I might have informed him the reality of the situation as to not give him false hope and maybe visited a local gamestop at the most or pointed him in the right direction.

Oh I made sure to let him know. He is too busy to keep an eye out himself, so that's why he asked. I myself have multiple sources on standby for Jigglypuff if a miracle occurs and she becomes available.

javac

Okay so a little 'funny' story. Basically I pre-ordered all of the previous wave (Ness, Lucina etc) on the Nintendo UK Store but ended up cancelling Charizard and Pac-Man since I though that they might be easier to obtain (half right there I guess) and never ordered Wario because fuck Wario. Anyways, when it came to pay for whatever reason, my payment wouldn't go through, so I left it at that and let bygones be bygones.

I thought that I'd check my Nintendo UK Store account randomly a few days ago and noticed that Lucina, Ness and Robin were still stuck at 'Payment Pending', normally by now it would just show as out of stock so I thought that I'd try to pay for them one more time, and both Ness and Lucina dispatched like a few hours later, while Robin is 'processing'. I don't care for Robin so I'm fine with that. Don't care for Amiibo these days, hence not caring when the payment failed the fist time, but I guess Ness is cool. No idea how rare they are, neither do I care to be fair, I just thought that I'd share! That rhymed...kind of.

javac

OH MY GOD, JAVAC.

GUNBUSTER FIGURES!!!!!

........oh & the amiibos are nice too, I guess.

Haha thanks, I'm glad you're enthusiastic about Gunbuster, it's one of my favorite shows of all time so it makes me happy when others appreciate it and share the same excitement. I actually have another Gunbuster figure on pre-order, which is going to cost me around $180+ so I have that to look forward to as well I guess :p The Amiibo do pale in comparison, but hey like I said, Ness is cool...now I just need to actually play Earthbound :p

Shauni

My card was charged first thing for when I bought Robin and Lucina at Wal-Mart, same for anything I've ever bought at their site. Is that unusual?

MADGAME

I received an email from Fry's earlier this week stating my Robin order can't be guaranteed and to contact if I want to keep it. I did so, and was informed my order would remain until fulfilled or until I cancelled. I just received a cancellation email from them, stating they are unable to fulfill. Lol.

rjinaz

Hm, my charges never went away. I wonder why that is. Same for when I pre-order MGSV via their website, too.

In my experience with Walmart and amiibo, you get an authorization charge which goes away and then before they start to ship they actually charge you. As I recall I got charged for King D3 and Ike about 10 days before they shipped.

It might depend on the bank or card used. I always use visa debit.

I received an email from Fry's earlier this week stating my Robin order can't be guaranteed and to contact if I want to keep it. I did so, and was informed my order would remain until fulfilled or until I cancelled. I just received a cancellation email from them, stating they are unable to fulfill. Lol.

Ditto. :\

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
So after I got my Jiggly order canceled from Target because my credit card wasn't valid (it was stolen and I had it replaced a few weeks ago) I realized my Greninja, Robin, Lucina and Splatoon 3-pack preorders were all on the same card as well. Now I guess I just wait until all of those are canceled in the coming days.

The only ones I really wanted were Greninja and Jiggly so maybe this is a blessing. I'll try to hunt those down later if I feel ambitious. Still a drag though:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom