• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby_fox

Banned
I officially have that weekend off for a friend's wedding, and plans to leave fairly late Friday night-- meaning I have most the day to not only pack and get ready but also go amiibo huntin'.

Now...if only we got word I could find Greninja and Ness on store shelves.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Someone on Reddit said there's about 200 Marth on the counter at NWS right now.

F5GxPUT.gif
F5GxPUT.gif
F5GxPUT.gif

Amiibo Thread 7 | If you're not in NY or Japan, don't bother collecting

rjinaz

I think its 2 amiibo total. I remember on Rosalina's launch day, they only let you buy one amiibo and if you wanted another character, you had to get back in line.

That may have been just something your target did.

I think it's 2 amiibos total as well. I went to two targets and they both had a 2 amiibo total policy. There were quite a few Rosalinas and people were grabbing two because everything else besides Bowser were gone in an instant.

Rocky

Banned
That may have been just something your target did.

I think it's 2 amiibos total as well. I went to two targets and they both had a 2 amiibo total policy. There were quite a few Rosalinas and people were grabbing two because everything else besides Bowser were gone in an instant.

That was my old Target when I lived in NJ. I moved to SC last month but I won't be able to line up at the local Target. I have to get my niece and nephew to school, lol. I drive my niece and drop her off around 8am, Target's opening time.

Though I'm going to swing by Target after I drop her off anyway, just to see if it is just as bad here as it was in NJ hehe. I'll probably get there about 8:20 or so. They may even have a jiggly left.

kirby_fox

Banned
That was my old Target when I lived in NJ. I moved to SC last month but I won't be able to line up at the local Target. I have to get my niece and nephew to school, lol. I drive my niece and drop her off around 8am, Target's opening time.

Though I'm going to swing by Target after I drop her off anyway, just to see if it is just as bad here as it was in NJ hehe. I'll probably get there about 8:20 or so. They may even have a jiggly left.

Similar to my plan, except I'm going to do it at TRU and then Target.

I need to get some things for my trip that morning anyways.

scoot3r

I just took a damn PTO day for the 29th and am going to hit the circuit. Wife is coming too so if it is 2 per person at least I can double up

bigkrev

Dumb question- does Target do ticketing for people who line up, or is it just they open the doors and everyone rushes to the game section and grabs what they want?

Asking because i'm going to be in a walking boot, and probably not able to run or walk quickly.

Sushigod7

Dumb question- does Target do ticketing for people who line up, or is it just they open the doors and everyone rushes to the game section and grabs what they want?

Asking because i'm going to be in a walking boot, and probably not able to run or walk quickly.

I heard some did tickets for Rosalina not sure if they all do it though.

Rocky

Banned
Similar to my plan, except I'm going to do it at TRU and then Target.

I need to get some things for my trip that morning anyways.

There's actually 2 Targets within like 10-15 mins of each other, so I'm planning to check both. And the second one is close to a TRU, so I can head there afterward to see how things are looking for Greninja.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Checked my Meijer, they added labels on the 14th for Lucina, Robin, Pac-Man, Charizard, Inkling Boy, & Inkling Girl. One shelf each. Employee wasn't sure when they'd be getting them in. Will keep an eye on Reddit & this thread. Probably will statt checking next Wed. otherwise.

AdanVC

I honestly just want to go to NWS to buy all kinds of awesome tees.

Edit: That lady on the pic above me doesn't care about amiibo and is actually checking the shirts. *high five*

Man, fuck you Nintendo world and any new york errrrr NY city resident that says its hard to collect amiibos

That's like using a cheat code

All my salt and jelly

davedc226

NWS should let people have at least two, maybe that would be fair? So at least us New Yorkers can take care of some fellow GAFers who are out of reach.

Anime

Neo Member
Man, fuck you Nintendo world and any new york errrrr NY city resident that says its hard to collect amiibos

That's like using a cheat code

All my salt and jelly

Its not as hard here but people like Villager and Captain falcon, metaknight barely saw the light of day here.

Lol still you are correct Nintendo World Store is probably one of the few reasons i even bother to still collect amiibo.Even with NWS its still a problem.

Joei

Just snag one off eBay then, lol

To some the idea of paying 30$ is repulsive, yet not working to sleep outside Target, or calling off work to line up 3 hours early, or wasting time and gas to drive around all day is perfectly acceptable.

To some the idea of paying 30$ is repulsive, yet not working to sleep outside Target, or calling off work to line up 3 hours early, or wasting time and gas to drive around all day is perfectly acceptable.

For some, it's about who gets the money at the end of all that. It's a lot harder to stomach paying a scalper than it is paying for gas (even though some oil executive so far removed from the process will profit). I know, it's shocking that some people value their time differently than others.

EDIT: Not saying you believe the opposite, just poking fun at people who think doing the things you said is ridiculous.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So a few days ago I saw that image of all those Lucarios and King Dededes at Toys R Us in Kansas.
I tried calling a close one in Illinois only to be told they never got any shipments, called again and told by someone else that they aren't going to get any shipments.

... My mind is full of what?

Am_I_Evil

i live in NY...i'm off the 29th...but i'll be in Hong Kong so i won't be able to go to NWS or anywhere else...i'm depending on online and what i can find in HK (granted at this point i'm only "collecting" what i want and maybe grabbing others for trade if the option arises)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom