• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey diggeh.... you think amazon might happen soon?

YSkNTAx.gif

Maengun1

Hm. The Jigglypuff imports on amazon are all hovering around $35 right now, which I don't want to pay. The only 2 previous times I had to resort to an import (Mac and WiiFit Trainer) I got them for just a hair over $20, and that was right around Christmas. I kinda thought the craze would have died down by now for real :/

Wonder if the prices might drop a little bit after it actually comes out, or skyrocket instead?

nubcake

Neo Member
Went ahead and splurged on the Little Mac on Amazon. Can't imagine getting a better deal on him and I had some rewards points lying around so why not?

Assuming all of my Play Asia/Yes Asia orders go through, I'll finally have all of Wave 1 and 2. Not bad considering I didn't start collecting until after wave 3!

dcx4610

Went ahead and splurged on the Little Mac on Amazon. Can't imagine getting a better deal on him and I had some rewards points lying around so why not?

Assuming all of my Play Asia/Yes Asia orders go through, I'll finally have all of Wave 1 and 2. Not bad considering I didn't start collecting until after wave 3!

I'm close. I still can't justify $25. It's not really about the money, it's the principle. I just think his price will drop to normal levels or he'll get re-released eventually like the rest.

...or I'll cry that I missed out on $25 when he reaches $100.

nubcake

Neo Member
I'm close. I still can't justify $25. It's not really about the money, it's the principle. I just think his price will drop to normal levels or he'll get re-released eventually like the rest.

...or I'll cry that I missed out on $25 when he reaches $100.

My main thing with him is that I'd be very surprised if he was reprinted. In the case of Marth I held off and that paid off as I got one at gamestop the other day.

Did no one ever do a parody of The Social Network poster with the tagline being "You don't get to over 500 million Amiibos without making a few enemies"?

ExVicis

My Villager and Captain Falcon finally came in. Just need Marth and if for some reason a cheap way to get Wii Fit (pffft ha!) I'll have all the Amiibos from the previous waves I wanted either ordered or owned

VICI0US

ugh, I hate that there are more retailer exclusives this wave.

I wasn't able to pre-order jigglypuff or greninja since they both decided to go on sale at 3AM and I have a job, so I don't know where to line up on the 29th.

Target opens 2 hours earlier, but if I camp there I'm sure by the time I check out and can make it to a TRU the line will be insane.

really hope this is the last of the retailer exclusive BS, but sadly I doubt it.

rjinaz

Saw this Target ad on Reddit

I actually prefer the 2 limit. One to me just isn't enough when you're forced to wait in line for these and you know people that want them.

Edit: Or is it 2 amiibo total? Either way the 2 limit will be nice for Jiggly but good luck to those wanting Robin or Lucina.

MADGAME

I actually prefer the 2 limit. One to me just isn't enough when you're forced to wait in line for these and you know people that want them.

Edit: Or is it 2 amiibo total? Either way the 2 limit will be nice for Jiggly but good luck to those wanting Robin or Lucina.

So if the stock rumors for Robin/Lucina are accurate at 4 of each per store, that means only the first 2 people in line will be able to purchase them. For those waiting in line on 5/29, I'd get there very early.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I'll quick swing by my Meijer after class to see if they have the Wave 4 labels up & if they know when they're getting them.

Excellent. Buy two, trade one for Greninja.

FOOLPROOF PLAN.

1up

How many hours should I be camping out for? 2? 3?

For reference, I live in NJ about 40 mins from Philly.

AdanVC

Guys, and Ness? Serious question: Is Gamestop going to bring more Ness on the 29 to those who couldn't preorder it?? I'm 99.999% they will not but that .0001% of hope is still fighting hard.

Toki767

Guys, and Ness? Serious question: Is Gamestop going to bring more Ness on the 29 to those who couldn't preorder it?? I'm 99.999% they will not but that .0001% of hope is still fighting hard.

In classic Gamestop fashion. They'll put it up on their site and make you have to buy it as part of a bundle with stuff you would never want.

Anime

Neo Member
Pretty good actually. I named my Robin Yum, and changed to the female Red Robin. So every time I see here It says Yumm lol. And my Lucina is a BEAST!!!!!

lol that certainly is s creative name,i can only hope for even more amiibo custimization in the future.

Speaking of that i wonder how the custom amiibos for ToysRUS are going.

Rocky

Banned

I think its 2 amiibo total. I remember on Rosalina's launch day, they only let you buy one amiibo and if you wanted another character, you had to get back in line.

ZeroCDR

They've been placing orders for customers that complained about the whole Wave 4 pre-order debacle via survey, so they have to have more than what they put up for sale in store. Definitely be vigilant on the 29th, check local stores and the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom