• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
"We're sorry"
"We're really sorry"
"Seriously, we are VERY sorry!!"

we-re-sorry-o.gif

Matteoj8

Heh that was my post on Reddit, I'm gonna look at other stores tomorrow...I'm personally happy because they wouldn't let me preorder one while I was working, no problem now!

Reddit reporting a TRU just got in 52 Greninja for launch day. This is a single store not a district. Might not be as bad as Lucario after all.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/36j3ld/greninja_update/

That is AWESOME news, I dont live too far from Toys R Us I am willing to go there if they have that many Greninja's on release day..I couldnt pre order it when it came out so hopefully I will have better luck this time

Rocky

Banned
Heh that was my post on Reddit, I'm gonna look at other stores tomorrow...I'm personally happy because they wouldn't let me preorder one while I was working, no problem now!

Hopefully, I'm hoping here in SC where I live now, its not as crazy as NJ. It's a resort area so it may not be too bad. I have 2 Targets to check and a TRU next Fri morning.

HardRojo

I can feel it coming over me! I feel it all around me!
I've been waiting for the Amiibo all this month they're my destiny!
There's a scalper deep inside the streets it's waiting to come out now!
No matter what! No matter how! I know I'll get them all somehow!

Getting ready for the Amiibo craze!

HYPE!

I wasn't going to count on Gamestop having any Ness so thankfully the Amiibo trade thread pulls through, again.

Now to wait until the 29th for the rest. I will be camping out at Target (they open first) and swinging by the TRU after to snag Greninja. The 29th will be an exciting but trying day.

Anime

Neo Member
I'm thinking it's likely because they didn't sell as many online compared to last time. I'm also guessing this means they won't sell Greninja online again since all the stock seems headed to stores. Guess we'll see.

Hopefully this is the case.Its much better than going on a wild goose hunt.

Im almost to the point where if a figure is not readily avialible it pretty much doesnt exist as far im concerned.I dont want to be at that point but the results of Wave 4 might make me.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like we missed Silver Mario on Newegg.

Newegg stock is always gone immediately, plus there's always tons of amiibo cancellations from them. Shouldn't be too hard to find since he's not a store exclusive.

ChrisD

Speaking of Shulk GameStop orders, I just checked the website and... my order for one back from March no longer exists. Like it never even happened.

Screw me.

Shauni

Damn wow, it must've went super fast if no one even posted about it on Line. Well, that or nobody gives a shit about Newegg. Probably a combo of both.

Kilau

Damn wow, it must've went super fast if no one even posted about it on Line. Well, that or nobody gives a shit about Newegg. Probably a combo of both.

It was actually exactly a combo of that lol. Newegg just isn't very good with amiibo sadly.

HardRojo

It's gonna be one crazy morning.

I'ts gonna be insane! Hopefully I'll manage to get all 8 Wave 4 Amiibo and Silver Mario, which I already pre-ordered. I'm also waiting for those US restocks to come over to Peru but I won't keep my hopes up since they might actually not arrive :/ I really want Dedede and MetaKnight.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
We need to make it to Next Best OT as quickly as possible! We've got 10 days before Wave4mageddon causes a storm nationwide--let's make 14 more pages happen, people!

kirby_fox

Banned
Has anyone tried checking to see if Rosalina shows back up in Target computers? Lucario and Meta Knight seem to be returning, Shulk supposedly is getting a second wave too, and we know about Marth, Villager, Ike and Dedede showing back up.

I'm curious if you walk into Target next Friday that you'll find Rosalina on the shelves along with Jigglypuff. Wouldn't that be insane?

Has anyone tried checking to see if Rosalina shows back up in Target computers? Lucario and Meta Knight seem to be returning, Shulk supposedly is getting a second wave too, and we know about Marth, Villager, Ike and Dedede showing back up.

I'm curious if you walk into Target next Friday that you'll find Rosalina on the shelves along with Jigglypuff. Wouldn't that be insane?

I have a city Target near me and Im hoping that if I call next Wednesday they will already know what they have in stock..I just need Jigglypuff, Lucina, and Robin(Everything else is pre ordered at walmart) if they could just hold those three amiibos for me so I dont have to go there super early that would be great..they can even charge my Target card I dont care..I know most of the dudes that work in the electronics dept Im wondering if they would be willing to hold them for me

RootCause

I have a city Target near me and Im hoping that if I call next Wednesday they will already know what they have in stock..I just need Jigglypuff, Lucina, and Robin(Everything else is pre ordered at walmart) if they could just hold those three amiibos for me so I dont have to go there super early that would be great..they can even charge my Target card I dont care..I know most of the dudes that work in the electronics dept Im wondering if they would be willing to hold them for me
I'm almost on the same boat. I'm missing Greninja instead of Jiggly.

I'm almost on the same boat. I'm missing Greninja instead of Jiggly.

I want Greninja too, I couldnt go pre order it the day it was available since I had a doctors appt..Im hoping if they have plenty of them available on release day, I can pick up the three amiibos at Target and then take the bus to TRU and pick up Greninja, or just order it online for in store pick up

RootCause

I want Greninja too, I couldnt go pre order it the day it was available since I had a doctors appt..Im hoping if they have plenty of them available on release day, I can pick up the three amiibos at Target and then take the bus to TRU and pick up Greninja, or just order it online for in store pick up
Oh, thought you had him. I'm going to try my luck after I pick up Ness. I went to preorder Greninja, but I was no. 12, they only had 10. The thing that sucked the most was knowing that four people brought relatives just so they could get doubles. If it weren't for that everyone would've gotten one. That's Amiibo for Ya. 😕

kirby_fox

Banned

I doubt it'll show up online anywhere. You'd have one guy ordering all of them for in-store holding, and no one who walked in being able to buy them because one guy used his 40 emails to put them all on hold for hours.

Best of luck with the Target holding them, if I remember right they had memos that said to not hold them back during wave 3. Hell, they wouldn't hold a C. Falcon for me for 30 minutes at a Target back in Wave 2. If you're near a Meijer though...they did hold their only Pit they got in.

Oh, thought you had him. I'm going to try my luck after I pick up Ness. I went to preorder Greninja, but I was no. 12, they only had 10. The thing that sucked the most was knowing that four people brought relatives just so they could get doubles. If it weren't for that everyone would've gotten one. That's Amiibo for Ya. 😕

I doubt it'll show up online anywhere. You'd have one guy ordering all of them for in-store holding, and no one who walked in being able to buy them because one guy used his 40 emails to put them all on hold for hours.

Best of luck with the Target holding them, if I remember right they had memos that said to not hold them back during wave 3. Hell, they wouldn't hold a C. Falcon for me for 30 minutes at a Target back in Wave 2. If you're near a Meijer though...they did hold their only Pit they got in.

I pre ordered Ness from amazon UK on April 11th, it was supposed to ship at the end of April but it never shipped, still shows "Not yet dispatched" but I never canceled the order since I figured it would be impossible to find anyway
I figured I would try ordering Greninja online for in store pickup, not sure if I would even be able to get hold of someone in the video game department on Friday to even hold one for me
As far as Target goes, its a long shot, I know when the NEW Nintendo 3DS came out and I wanted the red one, my local store had 3 of them(They had sold out of the Majora Mask one that morning) and I asked the guy to please hold the red one for me that I would be there in 30 min and he said no, when I showed up I got it the same number of them remained, but for amiibos I know its gonna be tough

Jetku

Dear Jetku:

You placed order #XXXXXXXX on 04/29/15.

One or more items from this purchase are still out of stock as we haven't
yet received the merchandise from our supplier. We are sorry for any
inconvenience this may have caused. We will keep you posted periodically.

We appreciate your patience and patronage. Feel free to contact us with any
questions or comments about this order.

Thank you.

B&H Photo-Video

Of course Robin and Lucina are back ordered...

Dragoshi1

Got my Japanese Pit from Amiami!

I can't believe how cheap it was, I'm glad prices are starting to drop finally, I only need Captain Falcon now to complete wave 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom