• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Japanese Pit from Amiami!

I can't believe how cheap it was, I'm glad prices are starting to drop finally, I only need Captain Falcon now to complete wave 2.

Prices do tend to fall shortly after release; people looking to sell want to sell quick while the money's there. Who wants to sit on piles of these things? It's all about ROI. You can expect prices to rise again as collectors try to complete their sets as we near the completion of the SSB line. Then, as new series emerge and people move on to new characters, some figures will hold or increase in value while most drop to near-retail from lack of interest and cost recuperation.

1up

29th is slowly creeping and I'm wondering how early I have to be at Target.

I'm like 40 mins from Philly but kinda in the middle of nowhere in NJ. I'm not trying to spend 2-3 hours in front of a store.

29th is slowly creeping and I'm wondering how early I have to be at Target.

I'm like 40 mins from Philly but kinda in the middle of nowhere in NJ. I'm not trying to spend 2-3 hours in front of a store.

Sadly, you're pretty much left with no choice. Considering folks waited all night just to pre-order Greninja, the days of showing up 15 minutes early to be among the first few in line are long gone now. Not everyone will do that of course, and it probably depends on where you are also. I'd say at the minimum, give yourself 3 hours.

Kilau

Sadly, you're pretty much left with no choice. Considering folks waited all night just to pre-order Greninja, the days of showing up 15 minutes early to be among the first few in line are long gone now. Not everyone will do that of course, and it probably depends on where you are also. I'd say at the minimum, give yourself 3 hours.

Also, remember that target.com hasn't put anything up except for jiggly (and that one random order) so that is always an option, if they do it like past waves it should all go live the night before launch.

DooD1234

Guys, anyone getting charged from Walmart? Looks like I'm getting my wave 4 soon including an extra Robin and Lucina.

Looking back at the last few pages, it sure is nice the Nintendo World Store is keeping all their Marth supplies. How likely am I to find a greninja on launch day in store if I start to line up when TRU about to open? Not really going to wait in line for 3 hours.

Also lol @ Amazon US never putting up preorders. Either they are out of the amiibo game or they are scare.

AdanVC

I found a random store here in mexico wich sells chinese and japanese toys on facebook where it claimed they had the whole japanese wave 4 amiibo with lot's of stock of each character available with discount and I went there and they said all of them were sold out in a matter of 10 minutes and people who was coming after were leaving preorders and they already had like 50 preorders but it will take from 3 weeks to one month to arrive... all of that in less than an hour since the post was made on facebook until I arrived to the freaking store... absolutely ridiculous and I'm drowning in salt because I just want Ness from wave 4 and it's been quite the nightmare to find him at a reasonably price. Thanks Tanner.

rjinaz

Guys, anyone getting charged from Walmart? Looks like I'm getting my wave 4 soon including an extra Robin and Lucina.

Looking back at the last few pages, it sure is nice the Nintendo World Store is keeping all their Marth supplies. How likely am I to find a greninja on launch day in store if I start to line up when TRU about to open? Not really going to wait in line for 3 hours.

Also lol @ Amazon US never putting up preorders. Either they are out of the amiibo game or they are scare.

Latest update from the Amazon rep on Reddit:

We're trying to make sure our ducks are in a row before letting everyone know, but the plan is definitely to still give some advanced notice before we do anything. As I mentioned before, we're targeting normal business hours and trying to avoid fowl play by limiting to 1 per customer.

Sorry for the vague answer (I know you've been egging me on to give you a specific time/date), but we don't want to put early info out there if it ends up changing -- people might be caught counting their chickens before they hatch.

Sounds like it's at least a few more days away, believe it or not.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I found a random store here in mexico wich sells chinese and japanese toys on facebook where it claimed they had the whole japanese wave 4 amiibo with lot's of stock of each character available with discount and I went there and they said all of them were sold out in a matter of 10 minutes and people who was coming after were leaving preorders and they already had like 50 preorders but it will take from 3 weeks to one month to arrive... all of that in less than an hour since the post was made on facebook until I arrived to the freaking store... absolutely ridiculous and I'm drowning in salt because I just want Ness from wave 4 and it's been quite the nightmare to find him at a reasonably price. Thanks Tanner.
Holy run on sentences Batman!

Looks like I'll be making some calls afternoon on the 29th as a precaution. Don't fail me Walmart and GameStop!

Shauni

Latest update from the Amazon rep on Reddit:

Sounds like it's at least a few more days away, believe it or not.

There's really no reason for him to lie, I suppose, but I have to say that seems to be a bit of a runaround statement to me. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me why they're waiting so long unless they're somehow still in the dark about how much pre-order allotment they're getting. I'm beginning to think, too, that they just aren't going to put pre-orders up and go straight to opening orders on day of release. I'm really not a huge fan of doing that, but I guess I understand why they are. I really just hope it doesn't become a standard practice going forward with later waves. Pretty much all of my amiibos have been via pre-order.

Toki767

I imagine their plan is to put it up the day of release because most people will be lining up in stores so it will reduce the load.

MADGAME

I imagine their plan is to put it up the day of release because most people will be lining up in stores so it will reduce the load.

Not sure releasing on 5/29 would reduce site congesttion. I would imagine most of the hunters lining up on will have mobile devices handy, scanning other retailers for purchase opportunities.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking midnight PST or so on 5/29

I'm thinking

AbfvdKY.gif

-Horizon-

We'll all get nothing and come to look back on this 5 years down the road and think "wow, I can't believe we went crazy over these stupid things" and then there'll be that one person who is trying to hide their giant stash of amiibos behind their back and says "haha-ha yeah, so stupid" with shifty eyes.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
We'll all get nothing and come to look back on this 5 years down the road and think "wow, I can't believe we went crazy over these stupid things" and then there'll be that one person who is trying to hide their giant stash of amiibos behind their back and says "haha-ha yeah, so stupid" with shifty eyes.

I ain't goin' anywhere.

Frogstep

Finally! Walmart charged me for my Lucina and Robin order. Added funds the day everyone started getting charged and then got sent an email yesterday about issues with my payment method.

That's one order out of the way! :D

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Silver Mario preorders didnt go live did they?the 29th is going to be worse than expected if so.

No siree, Anime. Also, thanks for creating Nichijou. I've been watching that a lot lately. You're too good to us, Anime.
Anime can you guarantee all parts of JoJo will be animated

Anime

Neo Member
No siree, Anime. Also, thanks for creating Nichijou. I've been watching that a lot lately. You're too good to us, Anime.
Anime can you guarantee all parts of JoJo will be animated

LOL! just for you diggeh i will make sure to commence production on the animation ASAP.As a bonus we will produce an actual ending for zach bell.Be sure to ask us for anything else
we want to prevent that mistake again!or else this will happen

0a6.gif

Finally! Walmart charged me for my Lucina and Robin order. Added funds the day everyone started getting charged and then got sent an email yesterday about issues with my payment method.

That's one order out of the way! :D

My Walmart still hasn't charged me for Charizard and PacMan. Should I be worried? Best Buy has also yet to charge me for Lucina and Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom