• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

My Walmart still hasn't charged me for Charizard and PacMan. Should I be worried? Best Buy has also yet to charge me for Lucina and Robin.

Not this early, no. I'd be worried if it was May 27th or so. For example Best Buy charged and shipped my Witcher preorder the day before launch. Still got it in time.

Velcro Fly

Best Buy will not charge until your item goes into the preparing to ship phase and actually is shipped. If they've verified your payment method you are looking good for now.

HUELEN10

Guys...

I can't say much in detail because I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but I miraculously found these at a certain store today. I called my bestie and told him what I found, but after the call, the clerk tells me they can only sell me one, so that either means I go home Amiibo-less, or the store makes a liar out of me to my bestie. Fortunately, another store worker was able to find a loophole and help me and my friend today. They said better to 2 die-hard fans than the scalper so that frequent the place.
2fivvsu.jpg

I am very happy, humbled, and grateful to the store's Amiibros and NFCisters. There are truly some awesome people out there, now to see if I can return the favor with Jigglypuff!

//ARCANUM

Awesome. Happy to see people getting their Ike's after having to wait. Granted, this was because of someone not picking up their pre-order but hey, you got yours.

To be fair, GameStop probably never called her or informed her in any way that her preorder was in. :p but congrats!

rjinaz

Thanks. My Command-R is ready.

It's live apparently. good luck!

Unrelated note, why does Amazon.com have to be the only one that makes us play the waiting game on preorders? These placeholders were up for about an hour? Meanwhile in the US we're still waiting on wave 4 and they have been up for how long, two months now or so? Ridiculous.

bumpkin

Thanks. My Command-R is ready.
ZSS and Dark Pit are both gone already. :(

Preordered Ganondorf and Palutena 'cuz why not? It's not like I stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting them when they're up for preorder in the US. I open my amiibo so I don't care about text on the packages.

Went to pre order ganon from Amazon.de but the shipping was more expensive than the actual amiibo. So I'm just gonna buy it off EBay.

:/

Any word on the Shulk reprint from GS? I have a preorder from February and I asked at GS but they have no idea when it's coming.

DooD1234

I got preorders for Palutena, Dark Pit, ZSS, and Ganon off of amazon.de all on time. Thanks Line.

Paid about 67 euro which translate to $74 which is about $18.50 per amiibo. Could be worse.

MADGAME

Had 2 Shulks ordered for May restock, just checked my orders onlilne. One is completely gone from my order history and no refund in my account, and the other says "closed" which means "This order has been completely shipped or cancelled."

Looks like Wal-Mart charged me for two of my three orders. Not sure which ones they were, but I find it odd my Robin still says due to arrive April 23rd on it. Nothing has been cancelled however, so I'm sure they will all go through just fine.

Shauni

Looks like Wal-Mart charged me for two of my three orders. Not sure which ones they were, but I find it odd my Robin still says due to arrive April 23rd on it. Nothing has been cancelled however, so I'm sure they will all go through just fine.

My Robin also says this in my account, but I actually got an e-mail not too long after I placed that said the estimated arrival was changed to June 5th, just like my Lucina. It just was never reflected under my online account for some reason.

xinek

Guys, I'm getting serious anxiety about the availability of the Splatoon 3-pack on the 29th. What are the chances I'll be able to waltz into Best Buy when they open and pick up the game and amiibo?? I know nobody here actually knows, but somehow the talk seems to help. This is a sickness for sure ....

Jawmuncher

Guys, I'm getting serious anxiety about the availability of the Splatoon 3-pack on the 29th. What are the chances I'll be able to waltz into Best Buy when they open and pick up the game and amiibo?? I know nobody here actually knows, but somehow the talk seems to help. This is a sickness for sure ....

You should be ok. Splatoon doesn't seem to be having the same issues the smash line does. Especially considering the 3 packs were available online for quite some time, compared to the less than 5 minutes the smash ones usually last.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Smash series will be complete everywhere but NA by the time Amazon Wave 4 goes up.

HUELEN10

Damn, planning for next week is a nightmare. Target's flyer says limit 2 per figure per person, so that means I can score multiple Jigglypuffs which I don't give a crap about but need (roomie's birthday is coming up, and someone at GameStop is willing to trade German Amarth for Jigglypuff), and possibly Marth (then I would only have to get one puff) and Wario and Silver Mario and Lucina. Then I have to go to GameStop to swap for Marth if that happens, but first I need to go to TRU to pick up that one Greninja and THEN back to Target now that there is less of a Rush to pick up Splatoon and get my free ink gun, then return to the other Target and keep the ink gun because it doesn't show up on the receipt and I don't legally need to give it back (talked to old manager, she's cool with it and would straight up just give it to me for free if she could). Then, I need to pick up Splatoon at my GameStop and then pick it up at Best Buy for GCU discount, then return THAT copy to GameStop after I get my codes and then use THAT money (which is only fair) at THAT GameStop to buy Charizarf and possibly another Wario, and THEN go to work and THEN pass out.

FML

AdanVC

The Splatoon amiibo are really well made. Tons of little details on the gun. Probably the best made amiibo yet.

And pics of amiibo never do them justice. In person they look even better I can imagine the Splatoon amiibo now... If they are available on the 29 on display in store I will buy all three for sure :D

Damn, planning for next week is a nightmare. Target's flyer says limit 2 per figure per person, so that means I can score multiple Jigglypuffs which I don't give a crap about but need (roomie's birthday is coming up, and someone at GameStop is willing to trade German Amarth for Jigglypuff), and possibly Marth (then I would only have to get one puff) and Wario and Silver Mario and Lucina. Then I have to go to GameStop to swap for Marth if that happens, but first I need to go to TRU to pick up that one Greninja and THEN back to Target now that there is less of a Rush to pick up Splatoon and get my free ink gun, then return to the other Target and keep the ink gun because it doesn't show up on the receipt and I don't legally need to give it back (talked to old manager, she's cool with it and would straight up just give it to me for free if she could). Then, I need to pick up Splatoon at my GameStop and then pick it up at Best Buy for GCU discount, then return THAT copy to GameStop after I get my codes and then use THAT money (which is only fair) at THAT GameStop to buy Charizarf and possibly another Wario, and THEN go to work and THEN pass out.

FML

God damn! That totally sounds it will be like a mini black friday. Hope everything turns out well to you.

HUELEN10

And pics of amiibo never do them justice. In person they look even better I can imagine the Splatoon amiibo now... If they are available on the 29 on display in store I will buy all three for sure :D

God damn! That totally sounds it will be like a mini black friday. Hope everything turns out well to you.

Hoping for the best, but that's pretty Much every Amiibo day for me.

I really want Marth. If I fail to get all the Fire Emblem ones, I am selling them all; the Fire Emblem ones are sealed and will stay sealed until I get them all.

I don't even Fire Emblem, I just want them for Project Steam.

NateDrake

And pics of amiibo never do them justice. In person they look even better I can imagine the Splatoon amiibo now... If they are available on the 29 on display in store I will buy all three for sure :D.

They even have the brand logo on the bottom of the shoes. Really well crafted.

RootCause

Has wave 5 gone up on Amazon France?

As for my plans on amiibo day. I plan on going to Walmart, to look for Silver Mario, Lucina, and Robin. Then in the morning I'll pick up my preorders(Ness, Wario, Char, Pacman) then drop by TRU for Greninja(and silver Mario, Lucina, Robin if Walmart doesn't have any)

Reserved:
Jigglypuff
Charizard
Wario
PacMan
Ness
Splatoon Three Pack

Reserved Back order:
Robin
Lucina

Nuffin:
Silver Mario
Greninja

bigkrev

HEN back to Target now that there is less of a Rush to pick up Splatoon and get my free ink gun, then return to the other Target and keep the ink gun because it doesn't show up on the receipt and I don't legally need to give it back (talked to old manager, she's cool with it and would straight up just give it to me for free if she could). Then, I need to pick up Splatoon at my GameStop and then pick it up at Best Buy for GCU discount, then return THAT copy to GameStop after I get my codes and then use THAT money (which is only fair) at THAT GameStop to buy Charizarf and possibly another Wario, and THEN go to work and THEN pass out.

FML

.... At some point, it's probably cheaper to just buy the squirt gun on Ebay than go through the hassle of buying and returning the same game a half dozen times

NateDrake

FML

Why buy the game at GameStop only to return a copy to GameStop? I understand if you have a pre-order, but you could cancel that pre-order and use those funds on buying the amiibo. Unless you don't want to cancel the pre-order for some reason.

DooD1234

FML
If there another WarioWare game again, this should be the opening scene for 9-Volt. With the ending going to show he goes home with with nothing lol.

Hoo boy, how am I going to nab Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Silver Mario. Going to be crazy morning come the 29th.

Also, there a squirt gun preorder for splatoon? Is Best Buy giving it away? If not then I'm not gonna sweat it.

georly

Looks like plenty of Greninja's will be avalible

So this means stores will get some to sell to the public? Guess i'm camping out at my TRU on... whatever day that is. The 29th?

I want to see that list sorted descending though.

Pretty much. XD if it starts at 4 we still have an issue.

16 seems to be the lowest. Assuming 0 is for ones not yet allocated, but maybe 0 is the lowest.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Why buy the game at GameStop only to return a copy to GameStop? I understand if you have a pre-order, but you could cancel that pre-order and use those funds on buying the amiibo. Unless you don't want to cancel the pre-order for some reason.

Sounds like he wants to pre-order bonus codes from GS, and will return after he gets them.

So this means stores will get some to sell to the public? Guess i'm camping out at my TRU on... whatever day that is. The 29th?

16 seems to be the lowest. Assuming 0 is for ones not yet allocated, but maybe 0 is the lowest.

Hehe, thanks, now work your magic for the stores in North Texas. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom