• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaviourMK2

:D

11206116_10205869237385583_4010775167491940225_n.jpg

RootCause

The flood is here

Greninja common now? I don't want him now ;p

Lol to those people that paid $50 on eBay
You're making it sound like it's confirmed to be common. I hope that's the case so I can get one at TRU, but part of ,me knows how terrible nintendo is with making enough Amiibo. Can't wait for May 29.

The flood is here

Greninja common now? I don't want him now ;p

Lol to those people that paid $50 on eBay

If you were me what would you do..the closest TRU to me will have 48 of them, according to that twitter post, but one that I would have to take two buses to get to will have 80 of them and another store that is crazy far from me will have 160(Which I Find very hard to believe) not sure how many Lucina and Robins they will have since I want those too so not sure what I should do

RootCause

If you were me what would you do..the closest TRU to me will have 48 of them, according to that twitter post, but one that I would have to take two buses to get to will have 80 of them and another store that is crazy far from me will have 160(Which I Find very hard to believe) not sure how many Lucina and Robins they will have since I want those too so not sure what I should do
I'd go for the one with 80, it doubles your chances of getting one. Plu, I imagine it will have more quantities of Lucina, Robin, and Silver Mario.

ZeroCDR

Good, Greninja is the only exclusive I couldn't lock down, so if I want him I'll park it at TRU on Friday morning. I'm not too big on the newer pikamans, but he's a decent enough design.

I'd go for the one with 80, it doubles your chances of getting one. Plu, I imagine it will have more quantities of Lucina, Robin, and Silver Mario.

I would have to call in advance to make sure they have them available..not going to waste my time taking two buses for nothing..the store that has 48 is so much closer to me maybe I could get one of them to hold them for me :) I know wishful thinking

RootCause

I would have to call in advance to make sure they have them available..not going to waste my time taking two buses for nothing..the store that has 48 is so much closer to me maybe I could get one of them to hold them for me :) I know wishful thinking
Calling ahead would be the best thing you do before going out. Make sure to ask them about the line too.
Do you have every Amiibo released so far?

Calling ahead would be the best thing you do before going out. Make sure to ask them about the line too.
Do you have every Amiibo released so far?

I have pre ordered at walmart.com(And already been charged) Pac-Man, Charizard, Wario, and the Splatoon 3 pack..I had and still have Ness ordered on amazon UK from back in April but they never shipped it to me..now I just want Jigglypuff, Lucina, Robin, Greninja, and Silver Mario if I can get it(I already have Gold Mario so its not like I HAVE to have the Silver one unless it does something super cool that the gold one doesnt)

Maybe they would be willing to hold those for me, I know sounds silly but since I have to take the bus, as compared to driving, it makes things more difficult, its not like I can just get up and go and just see what happens

HardRojo

Jeez, where are you?

Peru. They used to cost 60 Nuevos Soles (Peruvian currency) each and that was when the exchange rate was a bit lower, they raised it by 10 Nuevos soles earlier this week since the exchange rate has become a tiny bit higher, still, proportion wise, they raised the price higher than the exchange rate has grown :/ I don't know but collecting them all is going to be really expensive in the long run. I may have to quit after the Smash line is finished, provided I haven't quit before that.

kirby_fox

Banned
Peru. They used to cost 60 Nuevos Soles (Peruvian currency) each and that was when the exchange rate was a bit lower, they raised it by 10 Nuevos soles earlier this week since the exchange rate has become a tiny bit higher, still, proportion wise, they raised the price higher than the exchange rate has grown :/ I don't know but collecting them all is going to be really expensive in the long run. I may have to quit after the Smash line is finished, provided I haven't quit before that.

I thought collecting them all here in the states was expensive. I bet overall costs are probably lowest in America...maybe Japan if you factor in rarity.

Damn, planning for next week is a nightmare. Target's flyer says limit 2 per figure per person, so that means I can score multiple Jigglypuffs which I don't give a crap about but need (roomie's birthday is coming up, and someone at GameStop is willing to trade German Amarth for Jigglypuff), and possibly Marth (then I would only have to get one puff) and Wario and Silver Mario and Lucina. Then I have to go to GameStop to swap for Marth if that happens, but first I need to go to TRU to pick up that one Greninja and THEN back to Target now that there is less of a Rush to pick up Splatoon and get my free ink gun, then return to the other Target and keep the ink gun because it doesn't show up on the receipt and I don't legally need to give it back (talked to old manager, she's cool with it and would straight up just give it to me for free if she could). Then, I need to pick up Splatoon at my GameStop and then pick it up at Best Buy for GCU discount, then return THAT copy to GameStop after I get my codes and then use THAT money (which is only fair) at THAT GameStop to buy Charizarf and possibly another Wario, and THEN go to work and THEN pass out.

FML

Don't plan on multiples just because a store says there is a limit of 2. At some stores around me for past wave they limited to 1 of each when the lines got really long even though it was officially 2. Some people even made a scene over it and didn't get any extra.

Good to see Greninja is going to have so many, even if I waited in line forever for the preorder for him. Still got to find out how available the FE friends are to see how early I'm going to be waiting though.

Yeah I saw that on reddit yesterday but wasn't going to believe it until pictures but damn, heres hoping its close to that for the rest of the country! Looks like many are just now getting them as well 16 is the lowest but others were saying some of the stores that already had like 52 were still getting more so its possible the 16 are just the first shipment and all stores will get much more.

Hopefully we'll be able to find out more soon.

HardRojo

I thought collecting them all here in the states was expensive. I bet overall costs are probably lowest in America...maybe Japan if you factor in rarity.

I guess you just get used to the higher prices. I normally buy my games from American retailers since importing them isn't too expensive for me, plus it's hard not to jump in those crazy deals during Black Friday. I would get my Amiibo from the US too but I want to keep them in their packaging and I'm positive they'd get easily ruined and handled badly during their way to Peru, so I prefer to buy them locally.

From the sounds here I might end up having a chance getting Greninja if I go to Toys R Us on open. I might just brave it, it's the only one I missed pre-orders on.

RootCause

I have pre ordered at walmart.com(And already been charged) Pac-Man, Charizard, Wario, and the Splatoon 3 pack..I had and still have Ness ordered on amazon UK from back in April but they never shipped it to me..now I just want Jigglypuff, Lucina, Robin, Greninja, and Silver Mario if I can get it(I already have Gold Mario so its not like I HAVE to have the Silver one unless it does something super cool that the gold one doesnt)

Maybe they would be willing to hold those for me, I know sounds silly but since I have to take the bus, as compared to driving, it makes things more difficult, its not like I can just get up and go and just see what happens
Same thing happened to me with Amazon uk. I'm still waiting for Robin. Ugh! Walmart hasn't charged my Solatoon 3 pack. The Silver Mario is just a a color variant, and I believe it will be easier to find than the Gold Mario.

Not at all, I had a friend at gs hold some Amiibo in wave 1, hunting for Amiibo is time consuming, and there's nothing more annoying than walking empty handed after a long commute. Do you visit that TRU often? Maybe someone friendly might be able to do you a solid. Sucks that my friend left GS. :/

Same thing happened to me with Amazon uk. I'm still waiting for Robin. Ugh! Walmart hasn't charged my Solatoon 3 pack. The Silver Mario is just a a color variant, and I believe it will be easier to find than the Gold Mario.

Not at all, I had a friend at gs hold some Amiibo in wave 1, hunting for Amiibo is time consuming, and there's nothing more annoying than walking empty handed after a long commute. Do you visit that TRU often? Maybe someone friendly might be able to do you a solid. Sucks that my friend left GS. :/

I havent been to Toys R Us in a long long time so I dont know anyone there..Target I know plenty of people maybe they would be willing to hold a Jigglypuff for me, but with Toys R Us I dont know anyone..I think I will call next Thursday and see if they would be willing since I have a toys r us credit card, to just charge me for those amiibos and I will come on Friday and get them, I dont know, its worth a try
I dont think I will ever get Ness from amazon UK, if by next week I still cant get it I think I will just cancel the order..they credited me 2 dollars not like I can do anything with it LOL..Discover charged me for the amiibos last week and American Express charged me a few days ago for the Splatoon 3 pack maybe your credit card company just takes a little longer for charging, as long as when you go to your account and it shows it as processing your fine

RootCause

I havent been to Toys R Us in a long long time so I dont know anyone there..Target I know plenty of people maybe they would be willing to hold a Jigglypuff for me, but with Toys R Us I dont know anyone..I think I will call next Thursday and see if they would be willing since I have a toys r us credit card, to just charge me for those amiibos and I will come on Friday and get them, I dont know, its worth a try
I dont think I will ever get Ness from amazon UK, if by next week I still cant get it I think I will just cancel the order..they credited me 2 dollars not like I can do anything with it LOL..Discover charged me for the amiibos last week and American Express charged me a few days ago for the Splatoon 3 pack maybe your credit card company just takes a little longer for charging, as long as when you go to your account and it shows it as processing your fine
Yeah, it can't hurt to try. My gs is "trying " to get me Robin, and Lucina, but I doubt they can do anything about it. There are some really nice people, maybe you'll get lucky.
I'm going to leave the uk order open until I manage to get one. They also gave me the credit, which I used for Dark Pit, and Gannondorf. Haven't seen any movement on my Amex, though the order is still active. I'm hoping they don't run out of stock for me. Doubt I'll be able to find that triple pack anywhere. Also had a preorder for Robin, and Lucina on B&H, but knowing their history with Amiibo, I'm sure it won't be fulfilled.

Yeah, it can't hurt to try. My gs is "trying " to get me Robin, and Lucina, but I doubt they can do anything about it. There are some really nice people, maybe you'll get lucky.
I'm going to leave the uk order open until I manage to get one. They also gave me the credit, which I used for Dark Pit, and Gannondorf. Haven't seen any movement on my Amex, though the order is still active. I'm hoping they don't run out of stock for me. Doubt I'll be able to find that triple pack anywhere. Also had a preorder for Robin, and Lucina on B&H, but knowing their history with Amiibo, I'm sure it won't be fulfilled.

B&H I heard is horrible and they have already canceled pre orders, not sure if you got a cancellation email or not but heard that many have already gotten them..I was going to pre order them but when I heard the reviews of that site with amiibos I just passed on it. They do have Ness on amazon UK but its NOT for US delivery and the price is outrageous, if it were available for US delivery I could tell them to give it to me for the same price but since they dont deliver here it wont work

rjinaz

B&H I heard is horrible and they have already canceled pre orders, not sure if you got a cancellation email or not but heard that many have already gotten them..I was going to pre order them but when I heard the reviews of that site with amiibos I just passed on it. They do have Ness on amazon UK but its NOT for US delivery and the price is outrageous, if it were available for US delivery I could tell them to give it to me for the same price but since they dont deliver here it wont work

As far as I know, nobody has gotten cancellation emails from B & H about wave 4. They have sent out the typical "we don't know when your items will ship" emails though. That being said, I fully expect a cancellation in the next two weeks or so.

Looks like a rep posted this on reddit which sounds like not all hope is lost:
We're sorry for any confusion this email unintentionally caused and apologize. We're also sorry for the delay in receiving these from our supplier and appreciate everyone's patience.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

kirby_fox

Banned
I guess you just get used to the higher prices. I normally buy my games from American retailers since importing them isn't too expensive for me, plus it's hard not to jump in those crazy deals during Black Friday. I would get my Amiibo from the US too but I want to keep them in their packaging and I'm positive they'd get easily ruined and handled badly during their way to Peru, so I prefer to buy them locally.

Not sure how your delivery services are in Peru, but I imported from Germany to the states. Box was beat all to Hell and back, corner was even torn a bit.

The boxes inside were perfect. I still have those unopened. Food for thought.

G0523

So, about this plentiful stock of Greninja amiibo I keep reading...Does anyone know if there might be this many at any Ohio Toys R Us stores? (Preferably the one I'm going to.)

As far as I know, nobody has gotten cancellation emails from B & H about wave 4. They have sent out the typical "we don't know when your items will ship" emails though. That being said, I fully expect a cancellation in the next two weeks or so.

Looks like a rep posted this on reddit which sounds like not all hope is lost:

Hopefully you will be able to get them...yes I Had heard about that we dont know when your item will ship email, I think after that many people just canceled it, its kind of like Newegg you just never know

I'm starting to be a little more optimistic about the 29th. I really hope these rumors of higher stock than the last retailer exclusives are true. I might actually try to pick them up that morning. When people were talking about getting there the night before or getting there hours in advance (which I can't and won't do) I didn't think there was a snowball's chance of getting either Wave 4 exclusive. But if they're really going to have a decent supply and enforce limits per customer then I might have a shot.

Bummed that I missed the Wave 5 preorders (again) earlier today though. Every time I let my guard down and stop checking it seems someone puts them up for preorder!

rjinaz

Hopefully you will be able to get them...yes I Had heard about that we dont know when your item will ship email, I think after that many people just canceled it, its kind of like Newegg you just never know

Oh I'm definitely not counting on it. Thankfully I have orders with Walmart and Best Buy to fall back on and maybe even Amazon if they ever go live.

Shauni

8 more days till agony and massive salt.Expect to see an equal amount of successful "gets" and a good amount of people missing out.

Silver Mario , Lucina, Charizard are gonna make people commit sepuku.

Charizard is going to be super common. If not at first, definitely later on. Unless you're that guy who keeps saying that it'll be unicorn level just because Charizard was ultra rare in the card game, despite the fact that it's been explained a few times why the analogy is heavily flawed.

Anime

Neo Member
Charizard is going to be super common. If not at first, definitely later on. Unless you're that guy who keeps saying that it'll be unicorn level just because Charizard was ultra rare in the card game, despite the fact that it's been explained a few times why the analogy is heavily flawed.

Nah im going based off of TRU numbers for charizard , apprantly some locations are only going to have 4.

In general i dont have much faith in vast avialibility for wave 4.Unless your in a high traffic area it will most likely be tough.

Shauni

Nah im going based off of TRU numbers for charizard , apprantly some locations are only going to have 4.

In general i dont have much faith in vast avialibility for wave 4.Unless your in a high traffic area it will most likely be tough.

All waves have commons, uncommons, and rares. I really don't know why anyone would expect this to be different now. Simply because of the pre-order situation? Eh, all the pre-orders for Wave 2 and 3 sold out, too. Not as quickly as Wave 4, obviously, but still. Maybe all of 4 will be hard to find at first, but the commons will float to the top soon enough just like last wave.

Oh I'm definitely not counting on it. Thankfully I have orders with Walmart and Best Buy to fall back on and maybe even Amazon if they ever go live.

Im hoping amazon will go live that way at least I could get a Robin and Lucina from them..and get Greninja from TRU and Jigglypuff from Target..so I dont have to take a bunch of buses to get to a location that might still have them available. TRU opens here at 10am, so I figure if I get there around 10:30 or so I might still be able to get one, since my local store will have 48 in stock that day

Sushigod7

With the lack of Amazon I've decided to skip them, just going to hit 3 retail store in the morning and grab what I can. If they drop them it will be at a inconvenient time I'm guessing which sucks.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
He's already placed international pre-orders from Amazon UK I think. Diggeh broke down on LINE a couple weeks ago.

I need NA amiibo but I have to wait until July and September but I need them but I got them on Amazon UK but it's not the same but it is the same Nintendo what have you done

h e l p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom