• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

With the lack of Amazon I've decided to skip them, just going to hit 3 retail store in the morning and grab what I can. If they drop them it will be at a inconvenient time I'm guessing which sucks.

It's been said business time by an amazon rep twice now. It's likely to be around 1pm pdt based on their past handling of amiibo.

Unrelated but Japanese Villager is about $26 on Amazon right now. Nice. If you have prime have it in 2 days with free shipping.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's been said business time by an amazon rep twice now. It's likely to be around 1pm pdt based on their past handling of amiibo.

Unrelated but Japanese Villager is about $26 on Amazon right now. Nice. If you have prime have it in 2 days with free shipping.

We finally got some confirmation from Amazon on something?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Next week is going to be madness, isn't it?

I have a feeling everything will be OK. There will be enough stock for everyone (for one day, never to be seen again).

There will be much lamenting in the days and weeks that follow from people who were not there on that fateful, calm, well-stocked day.

I have a feeling everything will be OK. There will be enough stock for everyone (for one day, never to be seen again).

There will be much lamenting in the days and weeks that follow from people who were not there on that fateful, calm, well-stocked day.

As long as there is enough on that first day then Im a happy camper :) just want Jigglypuff, Greninja, Robin, Lucina, and MAYBE Silver Mario if its even worth it..so yeah, all the hard amiibos LOL

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
As long as there is enough on that first day then Im a happy camper :) just want Jigglypuff, Greninja, Robin, Lucina, and MAYBE Silver Mario if its even worth it..so yeah, all the hard amiibos LOL

"just" =P

"I just want to find the holy grail, Noah's ark and the lost continent of Atlantis, guys, then I'll be happy"

Shauni

We finally got some confirmation from Amazon on something?

A rep who has, apparently, been verified to be legit has posted on reddit about it. He basically said they are trying to figure out the most fair way to do this and promised we'd get some kind of warning before they went up.

I don't know, it's getting a bit too close, though. I kind of think they'll just forgo pre-orders at this point.

"just" =P

"I just want to find the holy grail, Noah's ark and the lost continent of Atlantis, guys, then I'll be happy"

I know, I say "Just" but Im hoping for the best..either way I will call before I go, not gonna take two buses for nothing..can go to TRU first, then take the bus back and go to Target, TRU opens at 10am here..Target opens at 8am, hmmm maybe I should go to Target first, and if I Can get the amibos I want there, then go to TRU and pick up Greninja, gee this is gonna be a tough one

Neo Dark

A rep who has, apparently, been verified to be legit has posted on reddit about it. He basically said they are trying to figure out the most fair way to do this and promised we'd get some kind of warning before they went up.

I don't know, it's getting a bit too close, though. I kind of think they'll just forgo pre-orders at this point.

At this rate, they might have just concluded no pre-orders being the fairest way lol

Kilau

Yeah, I don't really understand that. This is amazon after all, they are the kings of online sales.

They could do the full on limit one and timer on the basket deal, they could give a window, they could put them up a few times over a weekend, or as you said, just skip the pre-orders. I have a hard time believing they are just sitting scratching their heads trying to figure out a fair way to sell amibo.

Velcro Fly

Well less than two weeks until I'm on summer break. I'll be able to sit around and wait for every site to put up preorders.

I seriously don't know how so many people are around in the middle of the night or mid morning for these things to go live.

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
I know, I say "Just" but Im hoping for the best..either way I will call before I go, not gonna take two buses for nothing..can go to TRU first, then take the bus back and go to Target, TRU opens at 10am here..Target opens at 8am, hmmm maybe I should go to Target first, and if I Can get the amibos I want there, then go to TRU and pick up Greninja, gee this is gonna be a tough one

They are gonna be tough but good luck on your journey...and who knows...there might be someone on here that might be willing to trade you! Wont know til they are on the shelves tho. I waited in line at Gamestop for 2 hours to be the first to preorder Ness, Robin and Lucina.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Well less than two weeks until I'm on summer break. I'll be able to sit around and wait for every site to put up preorders.

I seriously don't know how so many people are around in the middle of the night or mid morning for these things to go live.

never sleep

I do so hope you're right. I'm making a day out of it and hope I can bag whatever I can.

Toki767

Retail exclusives will be well stocked.
Except Ness.

Non-retail exclusives will be well stocked.
Except Lucina and Robin.

Sushigod7

IDK I'm not trusting anything reps say they have been wrong a few times before with just this wave. I hope its true.

They are gonna be tough but good luck on your journey...and who knows...there might be someone on here that might be willing to trade you! Wont know til they are on the shelves tho. I waited in line at Gamestop for 2 hours to be the first to preorder Ness, Robin and Lucina.

It would make life easier for me if they had orders available online to pick up in store, at least that way I would know that I would be guaranteed one if I went

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Oh, I remember that. That was weeks and weeks ago, wasn't it? Man, Amazon's really dropped the ball on this one.

Tyeforce

Now that some media people are receiving Splatoon and the Splatoon amiibo, has it been confirmed if the Splatoon amiibo have any kind of write function at all, or are they read only?

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
It would make life easier for me if they had orders available online to pick up in store, at least that way I would know that I would be guaranteed one if I went

I know what you mean but besides the initial preorders, it is gonna be tough unless they get crazy stock. There is rumor going around that alot of TRU is going to have alotta Ninjas on release day so its worth a shot!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

People who work second shift are awake and on their computers during the night.

People who work first shift at boring desk jobs are awake (sort of) and at their computers during mid-morning.

I know what you mean but besides the initial preorders, it is gonna be tough unless they get crazy stock. There is rumor going around that alot of TRU is going to have alotta Ninjas on release day so its worth a shot!

According to that twitter post from this morning..my local TRU will have 48 Greninja's in stock on release day, TRU opens here at 10AM, Target opens at 8AM..since I have to take the bus, if I get to TRU between 10:30-11am you think I would still be able to get it? Basically that day I am going to do my best in getting whatever I dont already have, whatever I Can get I will get

Maengun1

Jigglypuff releases worldwide on the 29th, right?

I bit the bullet last night and ordered a Japanese import on Amazon, and was surprised to get a notification today that it had shipped already. I know that I probably won't receive that package for 3 weeks or so probably, but I had assumed they wouldn't have anything to ship until release day.

I was lucky enough to secure the other wave 4s I wanted (Ness, Wario, Pac-Man) from Gamestop on the pre-order fiasco day, so feeling pretty good right now!

I would say that outside of Robin and Lucina getting Wave 4 on May 29th shouldn't be super difficult
So the two that I wanted most. Also, Ness is going to be a unicorn only to be seen by a select few and will be impossible for others. Jigglypuff and Greninja are up in the air. I really hope I can find one of them that day.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yes but he came back just two days ago and basically said the same thing again. It was talked about here page 372..

Thanks for the page number. Still such a nebulous answer. And it's getting so close to release that it's absurd. Wave 5 pre-orders are going up around the world, and Amazon still hasn't even put up Wave 4.

German amazon game sales charts:

amiiboynl1s.png

Ganon sold out last, so he is probably the "common" of this wave. Also Witcher am cry.

Shauni

Pre-order sellouts really aren't an indication of rarity, unless we're thinking Wario will be the surprise unicorn of Wave 4 since he consistently sold out faster than Lucina and Robin at most retailers. I'm not sure why people make that connection.

Pre-order sellouts really aren't an indication of rarity, unless we're thinking Wario will be the surprise unicorn of Wave 4 since he consistently sold out faster than Lucina and Robin at most retailers. I'm not sure why people make that connection.

Well, we basically have hard numbers here (Ganon 1 = most stock + Lasted the longest) and it was the same in the last wave. Wario and Charizard lasted the longest and ended up being the most common of the wave.

Shauni

Well, we basically have hard numbers here (Ganon 1 = most stock + Lasted the longest) and it was the same in the last wave. Wario and Charizard lasted the longest and ended up being the most common of the wave.

Not necessarily. It could've been there were less people who wanted it, or more people assuming it would be more common and was in less of a rush to buy. A lot of potential factors. I'm also pretty sure that's not true in regards to Wario. Pretty sure he sold out super fast at a lot of retailers. I remember talking about that in here, since everyone thought it was funny since it's assumed he'll be common or uncommon.

Not necessarily. It could've been there were less people who wanted it, or more people assuming it would be more common and was in less of a rush to buy. A lot of potential factors. I'm also pretty sure that's not true in regards to Wario. Pretty sure he sold out super fast at a lot of retailers. I remember talking about that in here, since everyone thought it was funny since it's assumed he'll be common or uncommon.

Then why is Ganon also the most sold? This is about amazon.de and I know for a fact that Wario and Charizard took much longer to sell out.

Seems like Greninja should be ok, and im not super worried about Jiggs. Im wondering if stores will get a lot of silver mario, or will he be like goldie and they have like 5, and some wont even put them out.

Do we know if the 2 per person at target is for just jiggs, or for all their amiibos? And do we happen to know if TRU is imposing any limits, or maybe a store by store thing?

tfw with this thread moving out of main game discussion i dont check it as often

HardRojo

The 29th can't come soon enough. I'm all set and I just hope everything goes according to keikaku. My friend told me he's getting even less Amiibo compared to wave 3 so I'm a bit worried. Luckily he'll get his stock by Tuesday and I'll be able to get them all that day. Then I'll have to wait for the 29th for Silver Mario, which I have pre-ordered already and if I happen to miss one from my friend's store, then I'll have to try and get whichever Amiibo I missed on the 29th along with Silver Mario. It's going to be insane!

Joei

People who work second shift are awake and on their computers during the night.

People who work first shift at boring desk jobs are awake (sort of) and at their computers during mid-morning.

What he said. I work 7P to 7A and have been lucky with a lot of the 3 AM drops that most of these places have been doing. I don't work a desk job, but I'm around plenty of PCs and it's easy to get to one if someone puts something up at 3.

dcx4610

Grabbed Little Mac for $24 with Prime. I guess he won't get much cheaper than that.

I'm confident in a Pit reprint with Dark Pit but I think Little Mac is probably gone for good.

DooD1234

Grabbed Little Mac for $24 with Prime. I guess he won't get much cheaper than that.

I'm confident in a Pit reprint with Dark Pit but I think Little Mac is probably gone for good.
You're making me cry. I got him before Japan decided to restock him and I paid a pretty penny just for Mac thinking he will never get restocked. I could have used that extra money if I waited for Mac a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom