• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

Took 32 minutes for online in store, got Ness, Robin, Lucina, and Splatoon 3 pack. Thankfully I was like the first guy in line and he started a few minutes before 3. There was about 5 other people, RIP to them.

This is insanity. The other cashier said 6 pm for regular online orders at home so good luck everyone.

What's the timezone for that 6pm?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
NoA is so fucking dumb.

I'd say GameStop mismanaged everything.

Gamestop announcement : 3:00pm EST Ness is on sale.
Internal memo sent nope not true, only in-store pre-orders.
Online pre-orders will be available shortly after.

A fucking mess.

And I'm just here refreshing http://www.gamestop.com/amiibo all day, seeing if something new pops up. Maybe if Gamestop wasn't so hellbent on their stodgy in-store retail model, some of us who are not able to go to a physical store could get our orders in, and those who are currently stuck in physical stores wouldn't be wasting their time there.

But overall, I still believe Nintendo is the most to blame. If they just manufactured and released appropriate stock, us customers wouldn't need to live in fear that we can't get the figures we want unless we preorder instantly, none of this mania would be happening.

My favorite part is GS is losing more revenue than they will make off the few Amiibos they sell haha. The site is screwed. The stores can't help regular customers, and who knows what other business implications there are like extra IT help and whatnot. ha

Haint

I wonder if Gamestop actively courted/bought Ness exclusivity or if NoA are just that clueless and assumed low demand = good retailer exclusive.

My favorite part is GS is losing more revenue than they will make off the few Amiibos they sell haha. The site is screwed. The stores can't help regular customers, and who knows what other business implications there are like extra IT help and whatnot. ha

Few Amiibos they sell...

Something tells me a lot more than a few will be sold.

I left the Pasadena, CA Gamestop after 20 mins or so even though I was 4th in line. Had to get back to work :-/

If anyone there reads this, good luck! I'm going to take my chances with online ordering.

hawk2025

My take:

Gamestop did the in-store thing today because:

1) There isn't enough Ness supply, and the margins are not high enough to justify the hit to their systems by just having people placing online orders right away.

2) Given that, get people in stores so they buy more stuff along with the pre-orders. It's pay-on-order, so there's no risk. Postpone online preorders.

Muzy72

Banned
I picked the worst fucking day to wake up late.

I see I already missed out on Best Buy pre orders?? And Ness is already gone from Amazon JP???

Can I still Web-In-Store the 6 pack amiibo? Can I pre order Jiggly and Greninja on Amazon JP?

Comet

If I'm not able to get Lucina/Robin via Gamestop or Amazon online I'm giving up on Amiibos completely. I'm spending a ton of energy on it and so far its nothing but technological headaches. I have real work to do, oops lol

Jobbs

Banned
Great!!! Wife first person in line and they just informed her that Ness is sold out. Servers ruined it!!

what the fuck is that? gamestop, what the fuck? you advertised preorders starting in store at 2pm CDT, come on over -- and the FIRST person in line at a location can't get one?

you done fucked up.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Worker just said "hashtag YOLO" out loud. Don't know what I did in my past life to deserve this.

SGRX

It's remarkable. Can we start a letter campaign to let them know they're missing a LOT Of our money and pissing us off?

It feels like I've been going out of my way to support Nintendo for years, and Nintendo has been going out of their way for the same amount of time trying to convince me not to. This is too much of a hassle to be even remotely enjoyable or worth the time and effort for anyone other than scalpers.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I picked the worst fucking day to wake up late.

I see I already missed out on Best Buy pre orders?? And Ness is already gone from Amazon JP???

Can I still Web-In-Store the 6 pack amiibo? Can I pre order Jiggly and Greninja on Amazon JP?

Ness has been gone from Amazon JP for a while now. And yeah, we both missed out on Best Buy. :(

SalvaPot

Ness_ending.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom