• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
My take:

Gamestop did the in-store thing today because:

1) There isn't enough Ness supply, and the margins are not high enough to justify the hit to their systems by just having people placing online orders right away.

2) Given that, get people in stores so they buy more stuff along with the pre-orders. It's pay-on-order, so there's no risk. Postpone online preorders.

except that their website is down for everyone

go ahead, try to go to www.gamestop.com

From Twitter.

sczT1wF.jpg

Matteoj8

People complaining about Nintendo and the stuff hasn't even released yet. Chill out, for now aim your frustration at retailers. When wave 4 is released and there's none in the store then you should complain.

hawk2025

except that their website is down for everyone

go ahead, try to go to www.gamestop.com

Hey, I'm not saying the idea worked! Partly due to miscommunication, both the website AND the in-store system are down.

I was trying to think what their rationale could be. Having their systems and website down for nearly an hour now is extremely costly.

People complaining about Nintendo and the stuff hasn't even released yet. Chill out, for now aim your frustration at retailers. When wave 4 is released and there's none in the store then you should complain.

Having been through this with Shulk and Pit, I'm pretty sure I know who to blame.

Einbroch

Banned

Nah, it's Nintendo. Nintendo controls the stock. Maybe last winter you could blame retailers because they were tentative. Now they know demand, and so does Nintendo, so they likely ordered as many as Nintendo would let them order.

Sorry, it's all on Nintendo now. Except maybe this current system outage, but that also is partially Nintendo's fault.

RootCause

I get were you're coming from, but we know how the story will go. It's all on nintendo as far as I'm concerned.

if I had to guess, I'd say charizard, pacman, wario, and splatoon amiibos will not be hard to get.

Unfortunately, I want Ness and Lucina.

And I don't even want them because they're rare or whatever. It's that I like those characters the most. And then they just happened to be the rarest ones because Nintendo has a fascinating way of punishing liking them.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Guy told us to write our name and number down and he'd get back to us if anything happened. So guess I'm hoping for Robin and Lucina on Amazon and pretending like Ness doesn't exist.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hey, I'm not saying the idea worked! Partly due to miscommunication, both the website AND the in-store system are down.

I was trying to think what their rationale could be. Having their systems and website down for nearly an hour now is extremely costly.

yeah I suppose.

and your second idea isn't working out for them, either, because there's probably very little selling going on in stores. every GameStop in the country has been tied up with trying to preorder Ness for customers in store. meanwhile, no one is able to buy other things, unless there's a second employee on a register who isn't ALSO trying to do Ness preorders.

GameStop basically lost a shit ton of money today.

otakuderek

The in store order system just went back up here in Virginia Beach. Got done finally after 45 mins of waiting. Good luck everyone!

spookyfish

I get were you're coming from, but we know how the story will go. It's all on nintendo as far as I'm concerned.

Nintendo keeps doing the same thing and expecting different results. In my mind, they know there's a problem, and they aren't even attempting to solve it. Each wave keeps getting successively worse. That's not how this should go.

I'm about done with this, which doesn't matter, because they'll sell all they make, only to supply a sub-market that doesn't a) help them or b) the consumer.

Stencil

Why the fuck is NESS GS exclusive?! Of all the amiibos, they chose NESS to be exclusive. I don't know whose idea that was but fuck them. Good thing it's only lame adults like myself who will care, I doubt any kids will be too disappointed.

But fack, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom