• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was prepared for this.

Tumblr_ltapb9vyNx1qf9ojzo1_500.jpg

hawk2025

yeah I suppose.

and your second idea isn't working out for them, either, because every store in the country has been tied up with trying to preorder Ness for customers in store. meanwhile, no one is able to buy other things, unless there's a second employee on a register who isn't ALSO trying to do Ness preorders.

GameStop basically lost a shit ton of money today.

I think so, yeah.

Well, it comes down to how much profit they make off of however many Amiibos they sell versus the money lost due to the issues.

I'd wager that having your nationwide website and in-store order system, coupled with other customers simply walking out and/or not bothering to enter the store while this madness is going on, is worse than the money they will actually make.

But that's just a guess.

jls

Neo Member
Why the fuck is NESS GS exclusive?! Of all the amiibos, they chose NESS to be exclusive. I don't know whose idea that was but fuck them. Good thing it's only lame adults like myself who will care, I doubt any kids will be too disappointed.

But fack, man.

It could have been Lucina D:

Why the fuck is NESS GS exclusive?! Of all the amiibos, they chose NESS to be exclusive. I don't know whose idea that was but fuck them. Good thing it's only lame adults like myself who will care, I doubt any kids will be too disappointed.

But fack, man.
It was most likely an agreement between Gamestop and Nintendo. Gamestop is smart capitalizing over this demand.

Too bad their servers aren't as good...

But Shulk was very easy to preorder out the gate, for like 2 weeks. Even the May restock orders lasted hours.

My first two orders were cancelled for being oversold. When I tried to do the Web-in-Store order, I was told it was sold out - the clerk at the time added "Probably forever" to the end of it.

But fack, man.
Why do any store exclusive at all? It's stupid.

no, you're not spoiled. they just showed a character from the game and said this is the ultimate despair (which is a term used in the game)

and that's probably the character "behind" everything, why else would they post her? So they probably spoiled it and you're just trying to slightly cover it.

Still pissed either way people need to be careful.

Yep, freaking Junior Member too what the fuck

Crayolan

But fack, man.

"There's no demand for Earthbound, it's a dead franchise that no one's ever heard of."

Jobbs

Banned
"There's no demand for Earthbound, it's a dead franchise that no one's ever heard of."

to be fair, a lot of the people slamming the place for a ness are simply people who have identified it as a likely rare amiibo and plan to resell it. It's not all big earthbound fans trying to get ness amiibos.

//ARCANUM

and that's probably the character "behind" everything, why else would they post her? So they probably spoiled it and you're just trying to slightly cover it.

Still pissed either way people need to be careful.

Yep, freaking Junior Member too what the fuck

that's what I was *trying* to do, yeah. :/ didn't really work out. sorry to the guy who got spoiled :/

EnemaEms

Banned
I'm done supporting this company with my free time trying to buy their cool shit. I'll get whichever ones I find. Someone posts a link, cool. If not. Whatever. At least I got a Charizard for me and one for my son. Also got a Wario and PacMan from Best Buy.

//ARCANUM

i didn't realize shulk was so easy to get back then. (i started my amiibo addiction after wave 3).... anyone wanna sell me a reasonably priced shulk? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom