• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm one of the guys who got spoiled :p

Tell me one reason now I should play through the first game, let alone the second. I hate getting shit spoiled.

The game is a trip, spoilers or not. There are a lot of twists and turns, so you'll still have a lot to look forward to. And the second game is even better.

I was there and found my cousin waiting in line. They're still on the first guy! 50min and counting. I tried, but failed. No amiibos for me

Somnid

Especially when they sell out in seconds. They gain very little from it rather than capitalizing on the exclusivity.

They gain a ton of foot traffic, web traffic and buzz. They all signed up again for a reason. Nintendo can probably cut some nice deals for themselves in exchange for exclusive Amiibos.

Fox Mulder

Holy fuck.

Got ness and only took 50 minutes. Wasn't going to go but had to run to the post office anyways. Was first person there.

Got jigglypuff
Got ness
Imax furious 7 tonight

Good day.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member

Tell me one reason now I should play through the first game, let alone the second. I hate getting shit spoiled.

It's still worth it since there's a lot more nuance and reasoning behind the game. Please don't let my crappy attempt at a joke prevent you from playing either game, especially since the second's ties to the first are mostly minimal.

That twist is not the crux of the game. It sucks you got spoiled, but you can still enjoy it. The second game's twist has nothing to do with that and I personally enjoyed it A LOT more, but you need the first game's story for it to matter.

VICI0US

So they finally tried to put an order through for the six pack.. they said it was automatically
removed from cart. Probably sold out. :/

RootCause

Nintendo keeps doing the same thing and expecting different results. In my mind, they know there's a problem, and they aren't even attempting to solve it. Each wave keeps getting successively worse. That's not how this should go.

I'm about done with this, which doesn't matter, because they'll sell all they make, only to supply a sub-market that doesn't a) help them or b) the consumer.
It boggles my mind. Yeah, supply problems should've been fixed by now. Either they don't care, or are doing it on purpose, which wouldn't make sense since they're losing potential sales, and angering their fanbase. NOA needs changes.

-Horizon-

The characters are still great and I still really like the class trials even when some of the "games" are kind of stupid.

TheJoRu

CBnBCaKUkAAk5DP.jpg

CBnBCqtUMAAvhr2.jpg

Baliis

That twist is not the crux of the game. It sucks you got spoiled, but you can still enjoy it. The second game's twist has nothing to do with that and I personally enjoyed it A LOT more, but you need the first game's story for it to matter.

Yea , really that's a pretty small part of the game. The rest of it is still great and not spoiled by that.

//ARCANUM

There is a LOT of context to that image. it is not as simple as just knowing that one thing. there is a lot more too it I promise. totally worth playing even having seen that image. it's not like "luke i am your father" level of spoiler at all.

Oh neat my first time in an Amiibo thread to try and keep up with the release and I get spoiled on a game I just started playing. What a nice capper to missing out on Jigglypuff and Best Buy! Truly glad for that. What a great first impression.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think so, yeah.

Well, it comes down to how much profit they make off of however many Amiibos they sell versus the money lost due to the issues.

I'd wager that having your nationwide website and in-store order system, coupled with other customers simply walking out and/or not bothering to enter the store while this madness is going on, is worse than the money they will actually make.

But that's just a guess.

I would think so, too. I'd also think they'd just say fuck it to store exclusives from now on thanks to all this.

And yet here we are

Then again, this is the worst it's ever been with Amiibos, I think, so perhaps they were optimistic (HAR HAR)

Jawmuncher

WAs only 1 person in line ahead when I got there and then 2 came in after me.

Got my order in for I Inkling Girl which is all I wanted that I don't have preordered. Keeping my Amazon.co.uk orders of Lucina, Robin, and Ness to save me some headache even if it takes a bit longer and costs a tad more.

When the amiibo do eventually come out and they're still limited, I wonder what the new excuse will be? Port strike won't work, since that got resolved in February.

AdanVC

NoA good guy employee: Reggie! Almost all Gamestop stores in the US are being hammered because of the Ness amiibo exclusive. Literally nobody can place an order now. What can we do??

Reggie wich suddenly turn into Robot Chicken Reggie: Not my problem!

Got to a random gamestop out in the boonies near where I was working for the day, not a long line but the servers were shot and the guy near me would not stop talking about parallel universes and how we wouldn't even be able to recognize it because of dinosaurs and Arabic Captain America.

Left soon after, was not worth it. Didn't realize it was only for Ness anyway.

Edit: Apparently it was for more than Ness whoops.

It's still worth it since there's a lot more nuance and reasoning behind the game. Please don't let my crappy attempt at a joke prevent you from playing either game, especially since the second's ties to the first are mostly minimal.

This would be like getting Heavy Rain spoiled at who's behind everything. Sequel or not careless spoilers like that are bullshit. Going forward you can't carelessly throw out spoilers to Visual Novels of all games as that's the majority of the enjoyment figuring out who did it.

I appreciate the input from everyone else, but the game goes to the back of my backlog now, thanks.

javac

Why are there spoilers in the Amiibo thread, I'm just waiting for the woolly Yoshi thing to go live so I can buy them all and keep myself warm, and to keep the Amiibo night-terrors away ;(

The dude who smells like rotten eggs just asked if he can get 20 Ness today. He just got boo'd by people in the back of the line. LOL this is too much.

mjc

When the amiibo do eventually come out and they're still limited, I wonder what the new excuse will be? Port strike won't work, since that got resolved in February.

Can't find plastic to make them with.

Or some stupid shit like that. I knew succeeding waves would be more and more trouble to get a hold of. No excuse at this point.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This would be like getting Heavy Rain spoiled at who's behind everything. Sequel or not careless spoilers like that are bullshit. Going forward you can't carelessly throw out spoilers to Visual Novels of all games as that's the majority of the enjoyment figuring out who did it.

I appreciate the input from everyone else, but the game goes to the back of my backlog now, thanks.

Please just stop talking about the spoiler. The thread moves fast enough where it can be buried and no one else needs to be effected.

I can tell you right now that I was spoiled in a similar fashion and I adored both games playing through. I was upset too. It's not as big a deal as it seems to you right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom