• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The dude who smells like rotten eggs just asked if he can get 20 Ness today. He just got boo'd by people in the back of the line. LOL this is too much.

Why do they not limit 1 per customer?! Prevent assholes like that.

Jrs3000

When the amiibo do eventually come out and they're still limited, I wonder what the new excuse will be? Port strike won't work, since that got resolved in February.

No execuse. They are making just enough to sell through just about all their supply with little risk of being stuck with inventory.

61hf86Ro7hL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Toki767

WAs only 1 person in line ahead when I got there and then 2 came in after me.

Got my order in for I Inkling Girl which is all I wanted that I don't have preordered. Keeping my Amazon.co.uk orders of Lucina, Robin, and Ness to save me some headache even if it takes a bit longer and costs a tad more.

It's not going to take longer. Europe gets Wave 4 a month before the US anyway.

TheJoRu

Oh hey we have the same phone and 3DSXL. We both have excellent taste in machinery.

... Aren't you the one guy from IGN?

LOL, yes, that's Peer Schneider from IGN.

...I'm not Peer Schneider. Just found it to be very appropriate images at the moment.

//ARCANUM

This would be like getting Heavy Rain spoiled at who's behind everything. Sequel or not careless spoilers like that are bullshit. Going forward you can't carelessly throw out spoilers to Visual Novels of all games as that's the majority of the enjoyment figuring out who did it.

I appreciate the input from everyone else, but the game goes to the back of my backlog now, thanks.

that image did not spoil "who did it." there is a lot more to it than that. all you know is there is a twist with that character, thats it.

Koren

When the amiibo do eventually come out and they're still limited, I wonder what the new excuse will be? Port strike won't work, since that got resolved in February.
Do you think they bothered giving an excuse for the situation in Europe?

I'm still looking for Dedede and Shulk because my preorders have been cancelled, and they never show in brick and mortar stores. At all.

I technically have three Ness preorders* in different stores, and I full expect all three to be cancelled (especially since I missed all Amazon preorders)

* I'd obviously resell them at cost should I receive more than one, but it's such an impossibility that even calling it a stretch is too much.

So Gamestop does all their preorders for Ness through their own website, the thing everyone is smashing right now to get the preorders for ness.

So don't bother standing in line, because the website is down.

I feel like there should be some kind of internal network for this sort of process.

Was 2nd in line at my store, was finally able to pre-order Ness a few minutes ago. Wanted the Splatoon 3-pack as well, but I'll take my chances elsewhere I guess.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Drop the spoiler talk about Danganronpa - it is not amiibo related. Glad I am skimming though, I luckily didn't get spoiled.

Got my pre orders. First in line, had to wait 1 hr for pre order to go through. I got fckd with a 15 dollar shipping plus 5 dollar tax totaling 81 bucks. I got Lucina, Robin and Splatoon bundle. Odd thing I noticed the receipt said delivery estimate was June 8 to June 15. I am in Puerto Rico btw.

Illucio

Banned
LOL, yes, that's Peer Schneider from IGN.

...I'm not Peer Schneider. Just found it to be very appropriate images at the moment.

Love the dude, he is the only guy I can even stand listening to at IGN now. After the great and mighty face glasses wearing god of IGN left it was such a sad time until I was introduce to his beautiful face.

Fink

Pretty much.

Just got my Ness and Charizard pre-ordered. Happened to be first in line. It took like 15 minutes to get just my order through. Met a lot of nice people standing in line with me.
Now for Jiggly and Greninja. After this I'm just gonna get Duck Hunt and Mewtwo and I'll be done with the Smash amiibos I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom