• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wait so these Web in Store pre-orders are taking up website stock?

I think so. I have heard that they did Web In Store first instead of doing regular preorders, online preorders and Web In Store all at once because this way they can monitor the stock they have and close out SKUs as stock sells out. Then they don't have to cancel anyone's preorder (or do what they seem to have with Shulk — ordered a new print run from Nintendo to satisfy all the angry customers who thought they were getting Shulks in February).

tumblr_inline_mmvaz7wfc51qz4rgp-gif.22429

Haha so this

It definitely is. I wonder why nobody has grilled them about the mismanagement of stocking amiibos. All they could use as an excuse was the crane strikes on the west coast.

Probably because they're making money hand over fist on it, since they're all selling out. Selling completely out of stock looks good for a company.

mjc

Probably because they're making money hand over fist on it, since they're all selling out. Selling completely out of stock looks good for a company.

Very true. There's a tipping point for a lot of customers though, and I think we've reached it. They're gonna lose interest real fast.

No transactions were even made at the store I'm at and characters are already gone. This is bullshit! I think I can't deal with this anymore.

Drago

just left my gamestop, 80 minutes, literally no progress made on line, shits already selling out.

I'll just stick with my UK preorders and pay an extra $30, fuck this noise man. Hope I can get Greninja tomorrow and be done with wave 4

Very true. There's a tipping point for a lot of customers though, and I think we've reached it. They're gonna lose interest real fast.
In all fairness, a lot of people thought the point had been reached several waves ago. For better or for worse, the Amiibo train is still chugging along...

Maybe once the stocks stop selling out within five minutes of being put up Nintendo will have some kind of specialty-order for old ones so that not-scalpers can get their hands on the rarer ones.

Jesus, i'm glad i got in on the Best Buy preorder this morning. This GameStop fiasco is nuts.

Just need to get the Splatoon pack from Amazon and I'm good until Yoshi.

Well, I'm not sure about that. People who had a fit over W2 and W3 are still coming in and buying the items.

All the people who really, really want them immediately are the Amiibo hardcore crowd; certainly the most vocal ones on the internet probably are. So I wonder what the general public thinks of them.

prateeko

I think it may be time to leave the game. Each level gets more ridiculous than the last - how can that be when they know the thirst is so real?

Well, I'm not sure about that. People who had a fit over W2 and W3 are still coming in and buying the items.

All the people who really, really want them immediately are the Amiibo hardcore crowd; certainly the most vocal ones on the internet probably are. So I wonder what the general public thinks of them.

General public can't figure out what the fuss is about since the only ones they see are Mario, Link, Peach, Pikachu and Yoshi. They wonder why they keep advertising those stranger looking ones that are never in store above the display, though.

Managed to get a preorder in on ness and the splatoon 3 pack. Not lucina and robin though :( was first in line, and still didn't get all I wanted. Fucking Nintendo.

Least I secured Ness though, thank god

LiK

Managed to get a preorder in on ness and the splatoon 3 pack. Not lucina and robin though :( was first in line, and still didn't get all I wanted. Fucking Nintendo.

Least I secured Ness though, thank god

First in line and no guaranteed lock. This is so stupid.

Just wanted Wario, Pac-Man, and the Splatoon Amiibos..just hoping they will become available online or in store on release day..same craziness with the mario party 10 amiibos, sold out on the first day, now you can find them everywhere..I dont even care for the other amiibos just the ones I listed

DooD1234

Someone please assure me the splatoon 3 pack is going to be well supplied but in high demand like Toad. I don't want to miss the squid. I don't mind the girl but don't care too much about the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom