• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

So pissed off. I was at GS, second in line and I was good to go get Ness and the Fire Emblem duo.

Dude in front of me decided to be a dick and held up the line for like 45 minutes. Right when mine goes through and Ness and Fire Emblem is added into the cart, the Fire Emblem duo is sold out.

I got Ness but fuck this guy he hold up the line and no one else can get Fire Emblem because of him...

How did he hold it up? The system was shit immediately when preorders opened and it took 50 minutes for me to check out with ness as the first person. We just talked about all kinds of shit until then.

Very true. There's a tipping point for a lot of customers though, and I think we've reached it. They're gonna lose interest real fast.

Yes, we have reached the tipping point. When over half the figures in each wave sell out in under 5 min, we are clearly at, or past, the tipping point. I have all released US Amiibos and I'm going back and forth on selling my entire collection and washing my hands of it. I was able to get all pre-ordered but jigglypuff, but waiting an hour to pre-order, refreshing pages for hours, having pre-orders cancelled, etc... has taken the fun out of collecting them for me.

Waited in line at Gamestop for quite a while. I think maybe I was 8th or 9th in line, but people kept leaving, so I ended up 4th, 5th, or 6th (they had three registers open).

I stayed strong and got all three Splatoon amiibos, Ness, Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Wario, Pac-Man. THE WHOLE KIT AND KABOODLE!

Shun

How did he hold up the line?

The entire Order in Store was lagging due to heavy traffic and this guy said oh I'll buy the bundle, then decides to say no only want 3, then decides to want the damn bundle again.

Associate had to go through the entire wait process throughout all those times and while we waited, Fire Emblem sold out and he came out with the whole set...

Well it's a part victory for me I got the puff and my brother got me ness, pac man, charizard, and wario. But Lucina and robin were sold out. Tomorrow, I don't even want to think about it.

LiK

Wave 4 is a nightmare. I thought it would be better but it appears it's gone worst than what I could've imagined.

Fox Mulder

The entire Order in Store was lagging due to heavy traffic and this guy said oh I'll buy the bundle, then decides to say no only want 3, then decides to want the damn bundle again.

Associate had to go through the entire wait process throughout all those times and while we waited, Fire Emblem sold out and he came out with the whole set...

Probably didn't matter, it was shit company wide.

Jawmuncher

Wave 4 is a nightmare. I thought it would be better but it appears it's gone worst than what I could've imagined.

Yeah especially after they were saying things would be better moving forward. Unless there's a lot of stock come release and stores limit 1 or 2 per person were staying in this mess.

//ARCANUM

ok wow what a dick

Chucker

I think I'm tapping out if I don't get Ness. :( I played Earthbound at my grandmothers house while ours had water damage, just before she passed. He's been my main since 64.

Might just scorch the earth.

Muzy72

Banned
How is it that Nintendo manages to manage each wave progressively worse. You'd think they'd learn from previous waves, but instead it just becomes worse and worse. Fuck this bullshit so much

If I do not get the Amiibos I want, I will straight up be out of this. If I cannot get a simple figure on the same day presales go up, might not even try.
Sorry. I'm just a little salty...

How is it that Nintendo manages to manage each wave progressively worse. You'd think they'd learn from previous waves, but instead it just becomes worse and worse. Fuck this bullshit so much
Wave 1 was perfect. IDK how they screwed up so hard with the others.

Meeps

It only took an hour and fifteen minutes, but I got a goddamn Ness preorder. I was first on line too. What a disaster. :/

We are running out of every figure almost at this point. Wave 4 is much larger than any wave before it at this point in terms of demand.

These Amiibos just keep getting bigger

I'm really sorry to everyone who is missing out :-(

I pulled the miracle off. I got the 6-pack. But my god, what a shitshow. I was 4th in line and it took over 90 minutes to get through the line.

I watched the Fire Emblem characters go out of stock within a minute of the bundle going.

Even aside from the supply problems, the confusion around all of this is insane.

People don't know when Ness is going up, if at all. Who does this fog benefit at all?

ProfessorBonkle

Neo Member
Successfully just got back from preordering my bundle. Man what a cluster this whole situation is. Still bummed I missed on jigglypuff, but I'll just have to try my luck at Target on release morning. Now for Greninja tomorrow and I can breath easy for a bit.... until preorders for Palutena and Dark Pit drop.... Oh man...

Stay strong everyone! remember we are in this together :)

mjc

Wave 1 was perfect. IDK how they screwed up so hard with the others.

Scalpers and general hype wasn't as high. You could go in the day it started and grab pretty much anything you wanted. I remember stopping by Wal Mart after work to get one Marth and they had all the other rares.

Soul Beat

Got Ness and the Splatoon Tiple pack. I would have gotten Lucina too, if the girl in front of me wasn't too busy flirting with her boyfriend or whatever to actually pay attention to the employee trying to get her info.

Velcro Fly

Fuck off Nintendo. I was third in line at my GameStop. Didn't get one. The demand is insane. How fucking dumb do you have to be to not be making these to meet demand? I'm so fucking done with this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom