• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

newarrior

BB preorders went up today.

As well as Jigglypuff being exclusive on Target. Both went out of stock in a matter of minutes.

Sorry, I meant for Gamestop. I got Pac-Man, Wario, and Charizard from BB, but Robin was taken out of my cart during checkout. Lucina never even showed up as available :/

Today was a nightmare. 50 minutes in line on my lunch break for nothing.

I bought a gift card for the price of Ness since I was first in line and had to go, and the dude told me he'd keep trying and just charge the gift card if it worked.

I never got a call or anything from them though so I doubt it went through.

Fox Mulder

I think it may be time to leave the game. Each level gets more ridiculous than the last - how can that be when they know the thirst is so real?

Intentionally.

Nintendo struck gold for the first time in years, the Wii died hard a year before the wiiu released.

Wait, really? You had to get the bundle if you wanted more than 1?
What fresh hell???

The system only lets you do 1 amiibo per web in store even if it is a different Sku, so between waiting for my Ness order to go through and my Lucina order to start everything sold out

Given this lunacy, it's pretty nuts that NoA thinks it can't sell the regular N3DS, not even on a store exclusive basis. Nintendo's hardcore fans are ravenous. They will buy the thing.

In line since 2:30PM, just left and one managed to snag Ness and the Splatoon 3-pack. Fuck Nintendo for their inability to do even this right and fuck Gamestop for underestimating the demand and NOT having their website up to snuff. Hell, get some VM's spun up, get get them bitches into a load balancer. It's not hard to do!

Kids better be grateful I even managed to get what I got, but I really wanted Charizard.

The system only lets you do 1 amiibo per web in store even if it is a different Sku, so between waiting for my Ness order to go through and my Lucina order to start everything sold out
That is really stupid. No wonder it is taking forever.
If you want 3, you have to make three separate orders.

Shun

So pissed off. I was at GS, second in line and I was good to go get Ness and the Fire Emblem duo.

Dude in front of me decided to be a dick and held up the line for like 45 minutes. Right when mine goes through and Ness and Fire Emblem is added into the cart, the Fire Emblem duo is sold out.

I got Ness but fuck this guy he hold up the line and no one else can get Fire Emblem because of him...

//ARCANUM

as for sold out / still available - it's probably an issue of items being in carts and then the server crashing and not completing an order and then it taking some time for them to become available again. so that would explain why they're available then sold out then available etc

J@hranimo

Banned
Hey AmiiboGAF!

I went directly to my local gamestop at like 3:20pm and got hit with the "Oh all of our servers are shitting themselves" explanation. I patiently waited for over 30 minutes and was able to secure a Ness and Pac-man amiibo! ^__^

weevles

So pissed off. I was at GS, second in line and I was good to go get Ness and the Fire Emblem duo.

Dude in front of me decided to be a dick and held up the line for like 45 minutes. Right when mine goes through and Ness and Fire Emblem is added into the cart, the Fire Emblem duo is sold out.

I got Ness but fuck this guy he hold up the line and no one else can get Fire Emblem because of him...

But you got Ness....

SaviourMK2

I'm walking away from this wave. I can't do this anymore. At least not right now. I'm going to miss out on Lucinia and Robin, Jigglypuff and Greninja.
I'll definitely get Wario, because everything I fucking love in Smash is common as shit.

Spiritually, I'm a little broken right now (The Wave 4 implosion is just a cherry on top), especially after being blue shelled every time I managed to get to the last page of the EB Games Canada website the site failed and I needed to start over, trying to get Ness.

Good luck everyone else, I'll be back when things calm down.

What the hell is Nintendo doing with these things?

Selling them.

3DS-It-Prints-Money.gif

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

How did he hold up the line?

//ARCANUM

....how does that one guy hold up the line for 45 minutes?

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Take ALL of this with the same level of validity as anyone elses but...
As of now, customers adding Ness to their purchase are unable to complete their transactions at my local store, and they're asking them on a case-by-case basis if they'd like to wait and see if it changes or if they want to continue without Ness.
He did clarify that it's allowing them to get as far as confirmation before it kicks them out due to Ness' inclusion.

Jawmuncher

I literally walked in and walked out at my gamestop. 1 computer was taking forever but the guy was trying to order everything. The other went by pretty quick since I just wanted a Inkling. Thank God for Amazon UK preorders I got on ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom