• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Put Ness on Gamestop.com already, please! :*(

Lunarian

Neo Member
my other question is...Is there anyway I can import Jigglypuff from Europe? Europe doesn't do the store exclusive nonsense right?

4th in line, due to the internet fuck ups I was there for an hour, robin and lucina were sold out fml. Did get splatoon 3 pack, charizard, and ness.

So as far as we know...
- Lucina and Robin are actually gone
- Wario and Ness are close to gone
- Pac-Man and Charizard are A-OK

Oh Gamestop

Stores in Puerto Rico does.
No Targets here so no Jigglypuffs. And TRU closed tomorrow, so no Greninja preorders.

This happened for the majoras mask 3ds bundle. The pre orders went live on 3 kings day I think, and everything was closed so no one could pre order in store.

The new amount of Amiibos, if you can call it that are great. Effectively if you think about it for every new Nintendo big hitter here on out will have 3+ Amiibos available alongside! Collectors love this and my kids do too (along with myself :)) Would love some good analysis vids on the Yoshi ones especially, cant see any...maybe not too long to wait for Europe, I hope to god they wont be floppy and flimsy.

EDIT: Just seen these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yALQqUEoNCg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Z3B9CBg3I

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Got my Splatoon Amiibos pre-ordered finally. Took about a hour for the site to finally work. Those were all I wanted. Unless there is a Bayonetta Amiibo in the future, I think I'm done with these. Unless some really cool ones hit (Yarn Yoshis are cute).

So as far as we know...
- Lucina and Robin are actually gone
- Wario and Ness are close to gone
- Pac-Man and Charizard are A-OK

Oh Gamestop

The server issues are for sure our fault

Stuff running out isn't though. We can only sell as much product as they will give us

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Surprised at Ness lasting this long. Just more of him available since Robin and Lucina are split between other retailers?

NateDrake

Fuck off Nintendo. I was third in line at my GameStop. Didn't get one. The demand is insane. How fucking dumb do you have to be to not be making these to meet demand? I'm so fucking done with this shit.

Day 1 pre-orders don't equal total stock. They could have plenty in-store Day 1 or open pre-orders again at a later date. It's this initial rush that causes sell outs and then people lose their minds.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
This fucking day. Nintendo World went pretty smoothly and preordered the five available SSB amiibos plus the splatoon triple pack. Managed to get Jigglypuff thanks to Team Top Hat. I was first in line at GameStop and it took an hour to get Ness. It all worked out but its clear that Nintendo is still not prepared to meet demand.

D-Stubbs

I hope the people I was waiting with at Gamestop got what they wanted. We were talking while we waited and they were all pretty cool. Feel bad if I was the only one that walked out with anything.

Durock

So after almost 1 1/2 hours, my wife managed to order the bundle, the Splatoon Triple Pack, and an extra Ness. I ordered 2 Jigglypuffs this morning. Now I just need to get Greninja tomorrow and wave 4 is complete!

Stuff running out isn't though. We can only sell as much product as they will give us
I agree with this as well. Gamestop shouldn't have tweeted and NoA should supply decent numbers.

This fucking day. Nintendo World went pretty smoothly and preordered the five available SSB amiibos plus the splatoon triple pack. Managed to get Jigglypuff thanks to Team Top Hat. I was first in line at GameStop and it took an hour to get Ness. It all worked out but its clear that Nintendo is still not prepared to meet demand.
I am surprised Nintendo World didn't get Ness. They got Shulk.

Korosenai

Day 1 pre-orders don't equal total stock. They could have plenty in-store Day 1 or open pre-orders again at a later date. It's this initial rush that causes sell outs and then people lose their minds.
Generally with amiibo, preorders do equal in store stock.

Velcro Fly

It's ridiculous that me and the dozen or so other people can't preorder something two months in advance. it's ridiculous that they aren't making stock to equal demand. Nintendo is the one that has created this culture of craze around these and they are doing nothing but dicking over their fans hardcore.

Gonzon06

So question, the ones that are confirmed sold out are GONE gone or do they mean for order in store? as in they still a few for online pre-orders?

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
I want to start fires right now! I wait in line, I did get Ness (which is good) but while I was waiting in line Robin and Lucina get sold out! FUCK YOU GS

//ARCANUM

So after almost 1 1/2 hours, my wife managed to order the bundle, the Splatoon Triple Pack, and an extra Ness. I ordered 2 Jigglypuffs this morning. Now I just need to get Greninja tomorrow and wave 4 is complete!

Any chance I can buy a jiggly off you? Help a fellow gaffer out? :)

Comet

So question, the ones that are confirmed sold out are GONE gone or do they mean for order in store? as in they still a few for online pre-orders?

The assumption is that online and web-in-store were separate stocks. However, there's no way of really knowing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom