• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Huh, I know the stuff with Ness sucks and all, but I think it's a bit early to saw that this Wave is the worst. There are still places where preorder haven't even gone live yet (at least as far as I know Amazon and Gamestop online still haven't gone up). I'm not saying it will definitely get better, but let's at least see how every folds past the first day

Oh yeah, you were the one I was "debating" with saying wave 4 wouldn't be too bad while I was saying it would be even worse than wave 3 because of increased demand and people knowing they need to preorder now. Still sticking with that eh? Guess we'll know soon enough.

SFenton

I just spent two hours in GameStop. First the bundle disappeared. Then two more disappeared. The final three couldn't even make it to checkout.

Pretty goddamn furious considering how I got there on time, ready to go.

javac

Preordered Splatoon 3-pack from Amazon.co.jp earlier today. Had to use BigInJapan's forwarding service though. First time, so we'll see how that goes.

Same, but I won't be using BiginJapan since they closed my account :p Surprised that it's sold out now.
Ll1WFoy.png

ChaosXVI

I got a Ness!!! I was only 4th in line at Gamestop, but by the time they got all of their server issues worked out, Lucina and Robin were gone...but at least I could get Ness...It's overall been a good day.

SeanTSC

At this point it'd be easier to have my friend in Japan buy Robin and Lucina for me and ship them to me than to actually buy them in America I think.

Which is fucking absurd.

Okay, after wasting an hour of my life and getting nothing out of it, I think I'm through the the Amiibo hunting. I'll swing by my Gamestop after work and see if I can pick up a Ness preorder. After that, if no dice I think I'm done.

The Ness and Lucas Amiibos are the only ones left I need/truly want. I have a first run US Villager and WFT both mint condition still in package. Just for my own sanity's sake, I will likely just trade one now to a GAFfer who is willing to send me a Ness Amiibo, and trade the other later for Lucas just to save myself the headache since I know he'll be hard to find too. I'm just done with NOA's bullshit now. Not worth the hassle.

scrambles

Neo Member
Ordered the bundle and an extra lucina. I knew there were server issues and she accidentally clicked lucina so I was just like whatever just put it through lol

After two hours of waiting, first in line, watching 3 other people behind me go up to a different register and checkout I finally got a Ness. Order didn’t go through until I finally told the guy to cancel it and retry with just Ness.

I was trying to get a Ness, Lucina, Robin and Inkling Girl but I believe the FE characters were the hold up. Whatever, there will be other opportunities for them and I got the exclusive.

Fox Mulder

not really sure how GS was bad with shulk...
I wasn't even stalking amiibo threads back then and I got one no problem a fwhile after the preorders went live o_O

Yep. I casually preordered dedede and shulk in December and had no issues picking them up at release.

Shame they fell into the same shithole the other retailers live in.

If I do not get the Amiibos I want, I will straight up be out of this. If I cannot get a simple figure on the same day presales go up, might not even try.
Sorry. I'm just a little salty...

Same day? Hell, I'd be happy if the pre-orders lasted an hour. when you have the page open, at the computer, waiting for it to go live, see it go live, and still miss it then there is a problem. THat was what happened to me with Jigglypuff, btw.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm sitting here F5'ing this thread instead of playing BloodBorne like I was originally planning. Thanks Nintendo.

I have a new US Little Mac would trade him for a US Lucina or US Ness if I'm unable to get one. PM me if you're interested

Also have Pit available for either if you're interested.

Flowmoney

Going to GameStop wasn't worth all the trouble.I went there for Lucina and Robin , pretty much sold out while I was fifth in line.

Everyone before me was ordering everything while the computer was slow.Robin was gone first , Lucina was gone second , Wario was the third to be gone.(Why)

Ness , Charizard and Pacman were there but I don't care about any of them.Ness might not be so valuable as Lucina and Robin.They have like 2 and a half games to be useable in.

Edit : I guess Ness is gone too.

Same day? Hell, I'd be happy if the pre-orders lasted an hour. when you have the page open, at the computer, waiting for it to go live, see it go live, and still miss it then there is a problem. THat was what happened to me with Jigglypuff, btw.

Had Jiggly in cart. Got fucking robbed during payment processing.

Am 99% sodium. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom