• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I agree with this as well. Gamestop shouldn't have tweeted and NoA should supply decent numbers.

I am surprised Nintendo World didn't get Ness. They got Shulk.

Nintendo World doesn't do pre-orders for exclusives. I'm sure they will get them at some point. That being said, I couldn't take any chances as Ness is for a friend.

To put into perspective how low supply is, figures are selling out, while our servers are crashing.

In other words we are selling out of supply rapidly in a worst case scenario. If we could put through the total volume demanded these things would have lasted minutes.

Supply on Amiibo is really really tight

Lunarian

Neo Member
I am super salty that I missed Jigglypuff. Dang it!!!! Did Europe already get preorders for Jigglypuff? I'm not supporting scalpers...I refuse to.

DooD1234

Can you imagine the rage most of us will have if there are FE:If amiibos? Lucina and Robin still poorly stocked like Ike and I'm afraid the Marth restock won't amount to much.

JPS Kai

After they sold my pre-paid Shulk out from under me, I'll never buy in-store again. I can wait.

We accidentally sold a wave 1 Shulk to a wave 2 customer (meaning he was supposed to get his in May) so to make it up for the original guy, we gave him a $15 gift card as well as a paid off Shulk in May. I'd put something on your survey and the district manager can reach out to you and make things right.

Edit: Saw the rebuttal. I'm glad they got you taken care of.

helium121

Banned
I'm not a huge fan of that either, but it could be worse. The Amiibo cards will at least alleviate that aspect of it.

That all depends on how they sell the cards. If they are randomly packaged then you may never truly get the DLC that you want.

Their system is fucked up and it is really ruining my love for Nintendo. That is a love that's been built up for 30 years that they are tearing down in a couple months.

ZeroCDR

I am super salty that I missed Jigglypuff. Dang it!!!! Did Europe already get preorders for Jigglypuff? I'm not supporting scalpers...I refuse to.

I was on the website the entire time and couldn't get around the "Please try again" nonsense, was able to add it to on mobile but by then it was too late :(

Tabasco

If there aren't any news of Ness selling out in store, I'll call them before I head home.

I highly doubt stock is going to last, but one can dream.

TheGrue

The computer problems were a blessing for me. Couldn't get to the store until an hour and 20 after they were supposed to go up. Went and got a Ness. Likely couldn't have if things would have gone smoothly.

Shauni

Huh, I know the stuff with Ness sucks and all, but I think it's a bit early to saw that this Wave is the worst. There are still places where preorder haven't even gone live yet (at least as far as I know Amazon and Gamestop online still haven't gone up). I'm not saying it will definitely get better, but let's at least see how every folds past the first day

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Been scrolling through the pages and geeze what a nightmare! I hope my gift card went through in time...

Toki767

To put into perspective how low supply is, figures are selling out, while our servers are crashing.

In other words we are selling out of supply rapidly in a worst case scenario. If we could put through the total volume demanded these things would have lasted minutes.

Supply on Amiibo is really really tight

Meanwhile, how many Mario/Peach amiibo are you guys sitting at? The crap that is supposedly so popular they need to constantly make tons of them.

WIS stock and online website stock are 2 different things FIY

Meanwhile, how many Mario/Peach amiibo are you guys sitting at? The crap that is supposedly so popular they need to constantly make tons of them.

Lots. Nintendo gave the best stock for Wave 1 for sure.

zulux21

Can you imagine the rage most of us will have if there are FE:If amiibos? Lucina and Robin still poorly stocked like Ike and I'm afraid the Marth restock won't amount to much.

timing wise it might not just be a FE IF amiibo wave... but a FE IF amiibo wave + a FE x Megaten amiibo wave.

a large wave with a number of figures that work with both games...

heck I can see them doing a limited edition of the FE x Megaten game with an exclusive amiibo that unlocks stuff in FE IF and the same for FE IF just to get people to buy both.

Insaniac

Well i got Ness and Pacman while i was at Gamestop. Was 4th in line and the bundle sold out before i could get to the register *sigh*

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
mobile works

H6x2eUO.gif

Huh, I know the stuff with Ness sucks and all, but I think it's a bit early to saw that this Wave is the worst. There are still places where preorder haven't even gone live yet (at least as far as I know Amazon and Gamestop online still haven't gone up). I'm not saying it will definitely get better, but let's at least see how every folds past the first day
Really depends on how pre-ordering goes for TRU. Target was awful pre-ordering for Rosalina and GS was bad with Shulk. I was able to get Lucario pre-ordered pretty easy. Although BB selling out in 30 minutes gives me little faith.

As far as Pokemon are concerned could they do a Skylanders and release a 'Mini' version (and half price) of Pokemon Amiibo? considering there are so many,

Parham

Banned
I dropped by a GameStop on my way to the post office about an hour and a half ago. Walked in, saw the line, and walked right back out. No toy is worth that hassle.

StAidan

Sigh, just got back from my GameStop. I was 4th in line and by the time it was my turn (over an hour's wait of course), Lucina and Robin were sold out. So, I decided to get a Ness and a Splatoon 3-pack.

Velcro Fly

store exclusive selling out in an hour with people still in store wanting to get one. it's a nightmare. Nintendo is a fucking joke company with this shit.

by contrast shulk was up for weeks before finally being taken down. and some people got theirs delayed but there are at least more coming. no more rosalina or lucario or meta knight coming. i'm just so sick of this shit. i wish i had never started buying these dumb fucking things

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Preordered Splatoon 3-pack from Amazon.co.jp earlier today. Had to use BigInJapan's forwarding service though. First time, so we'll see how that goes.

Koren

It has been the worst by far in Europe, I would be surprised if it was any better in the US...

DooD1234

timing wise it might not just be a FE IF amiibo wave... but a FE IF amiibo wave + a FE x Megaten amiibo wave.

a large wave with a number of figures that work with both games...

heck I can see them doing a limited edition of the FE x Megaten game with an exclusive amiibo that unlocks stuff in FE IF and the same for FE IF just to get people to buy both.
Oh boy, don't give Nintendo any ideas lol.

zulux21

Really depends on how pre-ordering goes for TRU. Target was awful pre-ordering for Rosalina and GS was bad with Shulk. I was able to get Lucario pre-ordered pretty easy. Although BB selling out in 30 minutes gives me little faith.

not really sure how GS was bad with shulk...
I wasn't even stalking amiibo threads back then and I got one no problem a fwhile after the preorders went live o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom