• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendX48

Employee at my local GameStop had everyone write their name and number and said that everything was completely gone which could easily be a glitch seeing as the entire system nationwide crashed and burned hardcore.

javac

Its weird because I have two Ness Amiibo's pre-ordered and it was effortless, since I'm from the UK, and I'm definitely only going to keep one at most and cancel the other, and I'm even contemplating cancelling them both and people across the pond are having trouble securing a single pre-order.

RootCause

I'm sitting here F5'ing this thread instead of playing BloodBorne like I was originally planning. Thanks Nintendo.
That was my plan too. Shattered. Entire day devoted to plastic toys. I know I'm doing it to myself, but I can't help, and feel some resentment towards nintendo.

Shauni

Oh yeah, you were the one I was "debating" with saying wave 4 wouldn't be too bad while I was saying it would be even worse than wave 3 because of increased demand and people knowing they need to preorder now. Still sticking with that eh? Guess we'll know soon enough.

Hah, yeah, I was! But like I said, it's a bit early to say for sure. While GS has been slow with Ness orders because of their servers, it doesn't seem like they're sold out yet, and there are still some places where preorders haven't gone live yet. I'm just saying, we really don't know how bad it is yet, although admittedly, the GS thing has gotten it off to a sour taste.

No, he was apparently supposed to be posted sometime later than the Web-In-Store orders, but the site's been down since the WIS orders opened.
There never was a product page.
That's what I thought, thanks. I'm about ready to give up on this whole Amiibo thing and just sell off my full collection (save Gold Mario). Nothing is worth this agita. It was kind of quaint in the beginning but now it's just an exercise in frustration.

IrishNinja

...so FE is cool but pac-man's the only other guy i'm checking for, what's the over/under on him being hard to find, you think?

2 hours in line and only one order 100% successfully went through. What a fucking joke. They took a total of 2 orders and the second one they weren't even sure it went through.

LostAnkh

After an hour and a half, I've only got 1/4 of what I want out of this wave, 1x Ness and Pac-Man. Originally planned to get 2 of Ness, Pac-Man, Lucina, and Robin, but that's not going to happen.

Two and a half hours later I have Ness. I didn't even bother trying to buy what was left besides him. I just wanted him and to gtfo.

Shun

You think that's bad? I was at the register, he added Robin and Lucina to the cart for me, and by the time he got to the checkout part of the process, it removed Robin and Lucina from my cart at the register :(

That's exactly what happened to me and I was second in line...

You think that's bad? I was at the register, he added Robin and Lucina to the cart for me, and by the time he got to the checkout part of the process, it removed Robin and Lucina from my cart at the register :(

I wasn't there for Robin or Lucina, although Robin was at the back of my mind. That was just my experience waiting.

My awesome gf waited at Gamestop for over 2 hours but left with a Ness pre order! Now all I am missing is the splatoon 3 pack. Come on amazon!

Had Jiggly in cart. Got fucking robbed during payment processing.

Am 99% sodium. :(

I couldn't get it added to Cart. It wasn't saying OOS at first. It was some other error. I think it was the site getting hit or something and it just wouldn't add it.

I lost Robin and Lucina from my Best Buy cart that way. First I lost Lucina, then on the last page lost Robin... I did end up getting them at GS at least.

Seriously, pre-orders selling out in less than 5 minutes online at multiple retailers are just absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom