• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
People were ordering like 6 amiibos at Gamestop (Like all but 1-2) which took forever.

They should have done their crappy exclusive only for today "web-in-store" then another day for the rest or the rest online. So many people missed out on Ness because of the non-exclusives.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Splatoon Amiibos probably aren't going up today at Best Buy. :/

Source: Best Buy worker from Reddit who posted the links to the wave 4 pre-orders.

That was my plan too. Shattered. Entire day devoted to plastic toys. I know I'm doing it to myself, but I can't help, and feel some resentment towards nintendo.

I've invested too much time now to step away and take the chance of missing out of new pre-orders being posted, so I know the feeling.

Pompadour

I left my 3rd place in line an hour and a half ago but just got back after work and the first guy in line from before still hasn't been processed.

TIFU by asking my fiance to try and get a Ness for me. She went after checking out flowers with her mom and grandma, and they've now been there an hour and a half plus. I am never going to hear the end of this.

I couldn't get it added to Cart. It wasn't saying OOS at first. It was some other error. I think it was the site getting hit or something and it just wouldn't add it.

I lost Robin and Lucina from my Best Buy cart that way. First I lost Lucina, then on the last page lost Robin...

Seriously, pre-orders selling out in less than 5 minutes online at multiple retailers are just absurd.

Yeah, Robin fell out of my best buy cart that way, but I lucked into holding onto Lucina at best buy.

Shenanigans abound. Amazon is my last hope for Robin. Getting Jiggly with it is going to prove a huge pain in the ass.

Cocoa

At this point, if anyone says out of stock, I'd believe it to be for just that local Gamestop. It's more likely that each store is only allowed X amount of WIS orders before online orders go up.

Store had a small line. Took me 1 hour to process one preorder. The 2nd went through smoothly....the 3rd took 35 minutes. Glad my shift is over. Fucking madness.

Wow maybe I am cursed x have bad luck
Took 15-20 minutes for my ness to order

Took less than 5 minutes for my brother lol

FUCK
Shit is stressful

Problem is that they have to search for each amiibo , that takes ages with a shitty connection

So if you only order one it should be quick but if you order more it takes forever

I'm about to give up on all of this

If Mr game and watch is an exclusive I'll be pissed , same with R.O.B

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, 23 pages since I went to GS! And people were doubting switching to Best OT. ;)

Missed Jigglypuff, but I got Wario/Pac-Man/Charizard on BB (sweet GCU) and Ness/Lucina/Robin/Splatoon 3-pack at GS.

inb4 we all miss Greninja

At this point, if anyone says out of stock, I'd believe it to be for just that local Gamestop. It's more likely that each store is only allowed X amount of WIS orders before online orders go up.

Nope I was first in line at my gamestop when Lucina & Robin disappeared

If I don't get those at Amazon I'm out of the game

Parham

Banned
Man, I feel sorry for all those folks looking to score a Ness today. The way things are going, the dust might not even settle until later this afternoon. I'm glad that the one character I really wanted from this wave was really easy to come by.

Koppai

Got my Ness, I waited two fucking hours. I let my coworker get him. Then i got mine. Now the guy behind me got his! :)

Now just Greninja tomorrow. :)

rjinaz

Hah, yeah, I was! But like I said, it's a bit early to say for sure. While GS has been slow with Ness orders because of their servers, it doesn't seem like they're sold out yet, and there are still some places where preorders haven't gone live yet. I'm just saying, we really don't know how bad it is yet, although admittedly, the GS thing has gotten it off to a sour taste.

Ha good sport! Yeah it's certainly too early to make any conclusions, especially when most of the major retailers haven't even started selling them yet.

Yeah, Robin fell out of my best buy cart that way, but I lucked into holding onto Lucina at best buy.

Shenanigans abound. Amazon is my last hope for Robin. Getting Jiggly with it is going to prove a huge pain in the ass.

I have no Target or TRU near me so I'm hoping for Jigglypuff to go back up. Rosalina did a couple times so hopefully I can snag a Jigglypuff.

RootCause

Wow, 23 pages since I went to GS! And people were doubting switching to Best OT. ;)

Missed Jigglypuff, but I got Wario/Pac-Man/Charizard on BB (sweet GCU) and Ness/Lucina/Robin/Splatoon 3-pack at GS.

inb4 we all miss Greninja
Nice get. Good luck with the puff, and ninja.

Crayolan

I'm not gonna worry about preordering Splatoon amiibos since I get the feeling they'll be easy to find in stores. Exception being the 3-pack of course.

Was able to lock down a Ness and the Splatoon 3-pack at GameStop. The guy had Robin and Lucina in the cart but they removed them at checkout. Couldn't wait and see as I had to catch a flight.

Was first in line too. Hope the others fare better.

I think Ness is gone as well now. There were three of us trying to get one at my gamestop and it dropped out of all of our carts over the course of the past 30 minutes.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Can anyone reference me to a place where I can buy Jigglypuff/Greninja from EU or JP and have it shipped to the US?

They haven't gone up for pre-order in Japan yet

Etzer

Second time trying to get one of these exclusive amiibos online. I missed out on Rosalina, but was hoping to get Ness.

Why, Nintendo!? Why!?

brinstar

Well I got Ness. Lucina sold out while I was in line which is a huge freakin' bummer because that's the only amiibo I REALLY wanted. ;__; And I know I'm not gonna be fast enough for Amazon

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Was able to lock down a Ness and the Splatoon 3-pack at GameStop. The guy had Robin and Lucina in the cart but they removed them at checkout. Couldn't wait and see as I had to catch a flight.

Was first in line too. Hope the others fare better.

Same for me as well

Waited over two hours and walked out with only one Ness and the Splatoon pack. While I got what's important I'm seriously disappointed with this entire situation. Still need the FE chararcters >_<

I wonder how much money Gamestop has lost today?

I guess this is why other retailers have put their preorders up in the middle of the night when their stores are closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom