• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

Splatoon Amiibos probably aren't going up today at Best Buy. :/

Source: Best Buy worker from Reddit who posted the links to the wave 4 pre-orders.

I've invested too much time now to step away and take the chance of missing out of new pre-orders being posted, so I know the feeling.
are you going for a perfect region set?
I was planning on going that way until Rosalina happened. Now I'm not concerned about importing.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So who's ready to do this all over again in a few months when Ganondorf, Olimar and Zero Suit Samus preorders go up? Yeaaaaaaah

My wife left after 20 minutes in store with our one year old.

Not everyone can wait around 90 minutes to pre order a $13 item.

Oh well, guess that about does it for the rest of the smash amiibo. They are all going to sell out instantly and go on eBay now. Thanks no life no job scalpers.

Shauni

Well I got Ness. Lucina sold out while I was in line which is a huge freakin' bummer because that's the only amiibo I REALLY wanted. ;__; And I know I'm not gonna be fast enough for Amazon

There's also still Wal-Mart, Gamestop (online) and Target (and Toys R Us, if you're into that sort of thing, I guess). Don't give up hope just yet.

I got Ness and honestly I'm glad I did. I feel like I should find everybody else but the FE ones cause Nintendo :/

God speed for tomorrow's meltdown at TRU and Greninja

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon save us! Sounds like I can get them all but Robin and Lucina. Why doesn't Nintendo realize just how big FE:A was in the west?

So who's ready to do this all over again in a few months when Ganondorf, Olimar and Zero Suit Samus preorders go up? Yeaaaaaaah

I bet Ganondorf will be a common figure. The Zelda characters are all commons in NA and Link is the best-selling Amiibo overall.

I bet Olimar is a bitch to come by, though. I'm already mad about it!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
are you going for a perfect region set?
I was planning on going that way until Rosalina happened. Now I'm not concerned about importing.

I meant that I've invested too much time today. I just wanted Pac-Man (pre-ordered @ BB), Wario (pre-ordered at BB), Ness (lol), and Splatoon 3-pack. I'm hoping to snag them all today so I don't have to do this again for awhile.

I refuse to import, but I've heard good things.

Shauni

The only figure I have to have from Wave 5 (and the rest of Smash line, really) is Ganondorf, and I'm 100% not worried about that. Even if he's a bitch and a half to preorder, I'm sure he'll end up just like every other Zelda figure and be common/uncommon. I still kind of want to get Dark Pit, ROB, and Mr. Game & Watch, but if I never get them I'll be fine. Big G is the only one I have got to have.

Thoraxes

I got everyone and Splatoon 3 pack, no Robin and no Lucina.

I also have a full wave 4 at Amazon UK thankfully.

Also what the fuck with Jigglypuff.

I'll probably just import Jiggly and Greninja because fuck Target.

georly

This might actually be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Said I was going to finish smash series... then nintendo does it this way to make it 'fairer' I assume, letting people know ahead of time, but then the scalpers also knew and all the systems went down and it's a nightmare.

The solution? Just keep making them, keep shipping them, don't stop after a run is done. Good gravy. I think i'm done :/ This is the worst.

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't give a crap about amiibos, but my wife is currently in line at a GameStop for this. Her license plate also says PK FIRE and she has Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo decals on her rear window.

She said only 3 other people are there for it, but the system keeps crashing.

Glix

So yeah i got food poisioning or something this morning. Day has been incredibly brutal and no way did i have the strength to do any amiibo stuff.

Hopefully Nintendo World can come through for me again

Finally got out of there with Ness, Charizard, and Pac Man. With my Jigglypuff preorder this morning, not a bad day overall. Not sure what to do about Lucina and Robin though. Wario should be common, I'd think.

I don't give a crap about amiibos, but my wife is currently in line at a GameStop for this. Her license plate also says PK FIRE and she has Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo decals on her rear window.

Sending some positive vibes her way. Us Mother fans have to stick together.

Cocoa

I gave in and sent a support ticket to Nintendo. (into the trash spam filter it goes!)

The ongoing issue with amiibo ordering is asinine. So many amiibo are bought by scalpers, leaving the collectors to purchase them at exorbitant prices. One solution to this problem would be to take made-to-order preorders. Nintendo should open preorders for an allotted amount of time and take payment up front. Those who want amiibo can rest assured knowing that they will receive the item they want at a reasonable price. By excluding amiibo to various retailers, the consumer is at the mercy of unknown item listing times; too often during the dead of night, and once preorders are listed online they are sold out within minutes. The current method of amiibo releases is entirely frustrating for all involved. I sincerely hope Nintendo realizes the absurdity of this situation and works to rectify it in the future.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
There's also still Wal-Mart, Gamestop (online) and Target (and Toys R Us, if you're into that sort of thing, I guess). Don't give up hope just yet.

also, I'm sure PLENTY of supply will hit store shelves on May 29

buy a tent now, though, and a portable generator to keep your phone charged

I got Ness and Pac-Man.

I missed out on Robin and Lucina because I wanted to do the right thing and only order what I wanted. The employee wanted to check out all the "bundle" purchases first, so I got a few people jumped ahead of me. By the time I got in, Fire Emblem characters were gone.

I could have just gotten them all and sold Wario and Pokémon thing.

GameStop is really trash-tier.

Nintendo needs to delay all the Amiibo releases in NA. There clearly isn't enough stock to go around.

Agreed. I was hoping that this current delay would improve things but no. They need to delay it further so that when they do actual preorders they can stay open for more then 5 minutes. So we can get some fucking sleep and not be camped out at our computers.

Shauni

Some people have been told their sold out, but I think people are still getting preorders in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom