• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna read the 30 pages that happened since I left, but here's how things were at the Gamestop I went to:

Got there like an hour before shit was going live and got to be number 13 in line. They were giving out tags with numbers. We started forming the line a little before 3pm(est) and waited for it to go live. Their servers went down as every gamestop across the country tried to do the same thing. Didn't start loading stuff again till over an hour later and the workers had set up an extra tv and used wiiu to play some games for people that wanted to. When they were finally able to start putting in orders things were going out of stock and making it so they had to restart orders. FE amiibo were gone before the first person finished, so watch out for them. I got my Ness order in and that's all I cared about. Have to go back tomorrow to pay for it since they were only putting the orders in now and not wasthing time with the payment so they could get as many people in as possible. Multiple people left while waiting as well.

I'm wondering what the value on Charizard will be. I didn't really want him but I'm hoping someone wants to trade a Captain Falcon for him. I just wanna collect all 12 original smash Bros.

i unno spin-chan, shit's lookin bleak outhcea
one friend got a full pack, others got boo boo

i wanna stay optimistic but look at how much little mac runs now, shit's sad

also this! 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand is way cheaper/more fun folks
son we have to be strong in the face of despair, you feel me

that aint shit to us nakama

that reminds me I need to cop that game for real one day, lmao

spindashing used Pray.
Hahaha.

I think this frustrates people most because a lot of the first three waves were reiterated in the SMB series, which is everywhere. Wave 4, however, has a lot of well-loved and very niche characters that people would love to own but can't because Nintendo made five of each of them because they're niche.

Maengun1

Oh god I just checked my gamestop receipt and the zip code is wrong! The madness never ends. Can they fix that for a WiS order if I go back today?

I love how we only had a day's notice and that many of us are in work/class. If I wasn't busy I'd be in line.

I wasn't busy and was in line. I was fifth in line actually. One order went through with 100% confirmation and it took over an hour to do. The second order wasn't completely confirmed. We've gotten to the point where we can't even guarantee ourselves a preorder when waiting in line when we're on time.

Mesoian

Alright you guys, I'm tapping out. If gamestop's online stuff isn't up for 3 hours after the announced time, it's not going to be up today.

Good luck with the struggle.

I think this frustrates people most because a lot of the first three waves were reiterated in the SMB series, which is everywhere. Wave 4, however, has a lot of well-loved and very niche characters that people would love to own but can't because Nintendo made five of each of them because they're niche.

Seriously, who, besides collectors, is buying two vanilla marios in different poses?

Got Ness after 2 hours. That was one of the worst video game-related experiences I've ever had.

Fuck you Nintendo. Fuck you Gamestop.

Basically, yes.

I think a good way to go is to just try to preorder Ness. My preorder went straight through. I didn't try to go for all of them. Chances might come up again for the others, but the exclusives are serious business!!!!

Brian★;158622751 said:
I hate it how people blame it on Nintendo (beside America). Nintendo in Europe and Japan are doing fine. Seriously.
Yeah, Nintendo of Europe killed it with the Direct. Makes me glad to have a PAL N3DS.

I want to tell you Gaffers something.
You're not going to believe this.

I JUST CALLED GAMESTOP AND THEY LET ME PRE ORDER NESS OVER THE PHONE.

Good! Lets burn it down again!!!!

burn_it_down.gif

MarkusRJR

Fuck Nintendo and Gamestop/EB Games.

Spend 2 hours furiously trying to get a Ness only to have their shitty store go down, then it finally goes up and all Wave 4 is gone from the site. I have to get to my night shift now and by the time they post it up again I'll be working. Now I basically have to go in store when they do Wave 4 preorders (Saturday), right? Wrong. I phoned my local EB Games and they said Ness is online only. Someone else posted the same thing in the Canadian Amiibo thread, so it might be a common thing.

Now I'm forced to pay a scalper, and because of the shitty Canadian dollar it'll probably cost more than $100. Fuck everything. This is literally the most frustrating purchasing experience I've had to deal with.

Managed to get the Splatoon pack, Ness, and Charizard, but Lucina and Robin sold out as I was being checked out.

I just want my stupid Nintendo toys.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

What number? Or you called your local store?

Waited in line for 2 hours and had to leave with nothing. So disappointed. Maybe i'll be able to score one on gamestop.com whenever that loads but i doubt it. Who's bright idea was it to have all the gamestop access the network all at once?

Kilau

Like everyone else, that was a total cluster at GS today. Glad I got there super early and the employees were great.

So much time to get this wave right and so far everything is royally screwed up like always.

ash321

Alright you guys, I'm tapping out. If gamestop's online stuff isn't up for 3 hours after the announced time, it's not going to be up today.

Good luck with the struggle.

Seriously, who, besides collectors, is buying two vanilla marios in different poses?

This is the biggest problem, Nintendo also this mentality, that's why they undershipped it.

Josh5890

Hey guys, here is my story. I was at work so my girlfriend went to Gamestop at 2 pm. There was a line and the servergate thing happened. She couldn't stay since she had to get to work. I got off at 4 so I went to Gamestop. They were able to get my Ness, Charizard, and Pac-man sent to my house along with Splatoon 3 pk. They also could pre-order Wario for in store pick up. Here are my questions...

Did Best Buy pre-orders go up?

What about Target and Toys R Us with their exclusives?

Thank you for any help!

Bass260

I think you guys are missing the point. Exclusives don't change the stock situation one bit.

Jigglypuff going down in 5 minutes is NOT normal. There aren't that many people interested. I can only assume they had, what...20000 for the entire NA? Probably less. Now imagine that 20000 split across all the retailers. It doesn't change the core problem of supply.

Delay the waves. Produce the right amount of Amiibo. The whole ordeal has been one mess after another for their most loyal customers.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

I want to see the receipts. There is no way in hell a store is taking orders over the phone.

Delay the waves. Produce the right amount of Amiibo. The whole ordeal has been one mess after another for their most loyal customers.

What is the right amount of Amiibo. Let Nintendo know because you seem to got this figured out!

redhairedking

Did anyone manage to preorder any of wave 4? A friend of mine who waited in line at gamestop said someone preordered 23 Robins, which is complete bs.

ash321

I think you guys are missing the point. Exclusives don't change the stock situation one bit.

Jigglypuff going down in 5 minutes is NOT normal. There aren't that many people interested. I can only assume they had, what...20000 for the entire NA? Probably less. Now imagine that 20000 split across all the retailers. It doesn't change the core problem of supply.

What is the right amount of Amiibo ? How do you know how many is enough ?

//ARCANUM

I'd consider stopping by GameStop after work just to see if I can get in a Ness pre-order since it seems like some people are still able to make them, but I just don't want the gamestop employees to be snarky dicks to me and laugh about it like I know they will (cause they have before). They're the worst.

Shauni

I'm wondering what the value on Charizard will be. I didn't really want him but I'm hoping someone wants to trade a Captain Falcon for him. I just wanna collect all 12 original smash Bros.

Odds are he'll be pretty common. Almost every "name" character, in the sense of known awareness and popularity, have ended up being common. It may go through a phase where it's hard to find, but I assume much like Megaman, Sonic, Toon Link, and some others, he'll end up being pretty much everywhere eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom