• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIFU by asking my fiance to try and get a Ness for me. She went after checking out flowers with her mom and grandma, and they've now been there an hour and a half plus. I am never going to hear the end of this.

Holy crap! She got one!

Jesus, I am gonna have to go through this all again with Lucas.... but for now, I'm happy.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. I was hoping that this current delay would improve things but no. They need to delay it further so that when they do actual preorders they can stay open for more then 5 minutes. So we can get some fucking sleep and not be camped out at our computers.

I love how we only had a day's notice and that many of us are in work/class. If I wasn't busy I'd be in line.

IrishNinja

god, this close to just paying about $40 for a JP ness on ebay before shit gets worse...@#%$

at least pac-man should be easy down the road...watch him escape me like little mac did though

I can only imagine how Lucas is gonna go down

oh man i don't even wanna think about it

jluedtke

Made my order at 4:20 Central. Charizard sold out mid-order. I was able to get Ness, Pac-Man, and the 3-pack.

Bummed I didn't get Wario and Charizard, but at least those aren't exclusives.

Mesoian

So if the Splatoon ones sell out does that mean you cant get the on disk dlc anymore? That would be lame.

It's possible.

It is, by far, the weakest aspect of amiibos. If Link had turned out like Shulk did, there would be an entire weapon that you'd never get to use.

This might actually be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Said I was going to finish smash series... then nintendo does it this way to make it 'fairer' I assume, letting people know ahead of time, but then the scalpers also knew and all the systems went down and it's a nightmare.

The solution? Just keep making them, keep shipping them, don't stop after a run is done. Good gravy. I think i'm done :/ This is the worst.
If I can get ness greninja and zss I'm out noa dropped the ball. Was going to complete the line but I don't have time to keep refreshing websites to order

Okay, so I left the store after they said Ness was sold out but they let me buy a gift card and put my name on it in case they ended up getting more. I pretty much left feeling pretty gutted by the whole thing, having stood in line for 2 hours with nothing to show for it. Well, they just called me back and Ness came back up and they're trying again. Here's hoping.

But good lord, could this have gone any worse?

TheGrue

I was so focused on Ness, I didn't even think about ordering the Splatoon 3-pack. Oh well, I will likely be able to get that off of Amazon.

It's kind of insane that Nintendo has reps out there blaming Amiibo shortages on dock worker strikes when they're still doing retailer exclusives in Wave 4.

Shauni

I will say, though I'm advocating at least seeing what things look like after the day is done to say this is the "worst wave", the way they did Greninja and Jigglypuff in NA was absolutely the shittiest thing possible. If I cared at all about those two, I would be insanely pissed.

It's possible.

It is, by far, the weakest aspect of amiibos. If Link had turned out like Shulk did, there would be an entire weapon that you'd never get to use.

Any of the Zelda-series amiibos unlock the spinner.

So it would have had to have been Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, and Toon Link gone forever assuming they just never patch it in to unlock normally or release those cards they've been talking about.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I will say, though I'm advocating at least seeing what things look like after the day is done to say this is the "worst wave", the way they did Greninja and Jigglypuff in NA was absolutely the shittiest thing possible. If I cared at all about those two, I would be insanely pissed.

Wait, what happened to Greninja? I thought he was going up tomorrow.

Maggots

Banned
Got Ness after 2 hours. That was one of the worst video game-related experiences I've ever had.

Fuck you Nintendo. Fuck you Gamestop.

tumblr_mqkkemwQWR1rvnnvyo6_250.gif

It's possible.

I think the 3pack might be a pain to get, but the individual Splatoon figures should get a healthy push since Nintendo is pushing the game so hard and they unlock tangible in-game goodies (unlike Shulk that is pretty mush just a novelty in Xenoblade).

Got my Lucina and Robin from GS, thank god. The web servers were so overloaded, it took nearly an hour (and a ton of refreshing) to get the order through. The associate was so nice to keep at it for me and another customer on two different registers

Mesoian

Any of the Zelda-series amiibos unlock the spinner.

So it would have had to have been Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, and Toon Link gone forever assuming they just never patch it in to unlock normally or release those cards they've been talking about.

I thought it was just Link, so that's fine.

But yeah, the Amiibo cards are clearly there to alleviate the actual DLC lockout potential.

NoA needs to get their shit together.

So what if retailers won't supply them because they don't have any exclusives. Give them to friggin Walmart, who are awe-some at Amiibo selling.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Just got back from a trip and hit a computer for the first time today. Looks like I missed a bloodbath.

Shauni

Wait, what happened to Greninja? I thought he was going up tomorrow.

No, sorry, didn't mean to panic you, I just meant with how they sneaked them into Wave 4 at the last minute and as retailer exclusives. Ness being a GS exclusive sucked, but at least we knew he was in Wave 4 when it was announced a long ass time ago. Jiggs and Gre-man weren't known until yesterday, much less they would be a restricted release.

Beckx

amiami preorders sold out too... oh right. Nintendo.

Ami Ami preorders for popular things always sell out. Doesn't matter if it's an amiibo or an Ace of the Diamond t-shirt, you're there when it goes up or you don't get one.

-----

I'm sure everyone searching already knows this, but if you want to nab Greninja from amazon.jp "ゲッコウガ amiibo" (Gekkouga) should be one of your search terms.

Placktor

Just got back from Gamestop. I was there for about 2 hours, and I was able to get Ness, Charizard, Pac-man, and the Splatoon 3-pack. The rest were sold out by the time I could get to the register. Not many people were there but the computers kept crashing or loading and it took me about 40 minutes alone at the register.

So, is there another chance/store to preorder coming up?

Sorry I know it's been asked, but this thread is moving crazy today and I'm in a horrible mood now.

All I need now for this new wave are:
Jigglypuff
Greninja

I want from previous waves:
Gold Mario
Rosalina
Marth (May, Maybe?!)
Ike
Shulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom