• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Did anyone manage to preorder any of wave 4? A friend of mine who waited in line at gamestop said someone preordered 23 Robins, which is complete bs.

It's bullshit they even let someone preorder this much, even if there wasn't a line and obvious demand driven issues with their network.

I got jigglypuff and ness, all I wanted.

jon_dojah

Banned
Got 3x Ness and 2x Charizrd, Pacman, Wario. I was first in line but by the time their system was functioning (12:45pm) Robin and Lucina were soldout :(

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I just called a gamestop an hour away from me(just to see if it was POSSIBLE to order over the phone) she said absolutely NOT because they don't take credit cards over the phone
But he said he was going to go to the store to pay

I want to see the receipts. There is no way in hell a store is taking orders over the phone.

i'm going to shower and eat and head over to pay. i'll post the receipt here afterwords

Dude was an amiibo hunter himself and he was hella chill about it.

To answer any questions, i called and asked if anyone was still in line, he said no.
i told him i wanted ness and he checked and said only him and charizard were available.
he said he didn't want me to miss out on it and since no one was there for them anymore, he helped me get a unit over the phone

VICI0US

Well i finally secured Ness. After waiting an hour and a half at gamestop #1 before i had to leave i stopped by a second store on the way home.

Of course the six pack bundle was long fine but at least i got their exclusive.

Gamestop really should've prepared their network better for this event.

SaviourMK2

I'm honestly curious to how they can sell out of a product that was never available online for even a second with their whole system gone to shit.

Frankly, it's all just bull shit at this point

Shauni

What do you think the chances I can walk into my GameStop and place a pre order for any of wave 4?

Some people are reporting they're all gone, but some are saying they are still getting them. It's going to depend on your store, so only way to find out is to call or head there.

I think you guys are missing the point. Exclusives don't change the stock situation one bit.

Jigglypuff going down in 5 minutes is NOT normal. There aren't that many people interested. I can only assume they had, what...20000 for the entire NA? Probably less. Now imagine that 20000 split across all the retailers. It doesn't change the core problem of supply.

Delay the waves. Produce the right amount of Amiibo. The whole ordeal has been one mess after another for their most loyal customers.
Delay the waves again? After a whole month before the other international releases? Like seriously?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't busy and was in line. I was fifth in line actually. One order went through with 100% confirmation and it took over an hour to do. The second order wasn't completely confirmed. We've gotten to the point where we can't even guarantee ourselves a preorder when waiting in line when we're on time.

Yeah it's terrible and stress-inducing. I'm surprised I got Gold Mario so easy, to be honest.

Bass260

I want to see the receipts. There is no way in hell a store is taking orders over the phone.

What is the right amount of Amiibo. Let Nintendo know because you seem to got this figured out!

If you think Jigglypuff going down in under 5 minutes is normal than I don't know what to tell you.

Nintendo knows the issue. It's why NA is seeing waves later than the rest of the world.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Get there at 3:30, about 11 people there. They're waiting for the site to come back up. I couldn't stay long since I had class.

Returned at 5 p.m., as I was walking in, guy from earlier says he was able to get Ness. "Cool, maybe I'll get one as well"

Go in, & yup, has to be done via the web & delivered to house. Oh well, still got Ness....but wasn't able to get Robin & Lucina.

beanman25

go buy the lottery

I'm 1/1 on scratch offs in my life, that's all the lottery I'll be doing. $5 from a scratch off I won at a Blues game.

Seriously though, Employees were great at handling this. 2 Stayed past the end of their shift to help also. Just crazy seeing when he called a store in NYC out of curiousity and finding out they were in the same boat.

shoplifter

Now I feel guilty for getting my Ness and Splatoon so easily. 5 minutes, in and out, while some of you guys waited 2+ hours.

Well i finally secured Ness. After waiting an hour and a half at gamestop #1 before i had to leave i stopped by a second store on the way home.

Of course the six pack bundle was long fine but at least i got their exclusive.

Gamestop really should've prepared their network better for this event.

Yeah I was first in line, waited for 55 minutes before my order went through. I felt bad for those behind me because I think it started to sell out shortly after.

Fox Mulder

Not sure if anybody has posted already, but TRU preorders are tomorrow "sometime" between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. EST on their site.

People should probably check the ToysRUs eBay page too since they sold over 1000 lucarios there while people were having issues with store preorders.

More than enough that preorders last longer than 5 minutes. They have market data to work with now.

At this point they need to make more than demand. Scalpers I think are still taking a huge hit on the supply. Make them common so scalpers will move on and maybe future waves will go smoothly. Doubt they would ever let that happen at all.

Bass260

Brian★;158624119 said:
Delay the waves again? After a whole month before the other international releases? Like seriously?

If people in NA want a decent supply of Amiibo than something has to give. 49 SKU's was never going to work out.

Fox Mulder

I'm honestly curious to how they can sell out of a product that was never available online for even a second with their whole system gone to shit.

Frankly, it's all just bull shit at this point

I had cheerful and patient cashiers who were just curious about the amiibo craze while I was there for nearly an hour. I can totally see some assholes saying it's sold out so they just don't have to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom