• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

Glad I waited until 330 and didn't bother leaving work early. Still had to wait like 15 minutes, but got Ness paid and set to ship at release.

I had cheerful and patient cashiers who were just curious about the amiibo craze while I was there for nearly an hour. I can totally see some assholes saying it's sold out so they just don't have to deal with it.

Yeah I made sure to be extra nice to my GS employees. They can't control the craziness. Not their fault.

It seems they are. Some people are being turned away, but it seems just as many are saying they got their preorder in.

That's good. I hope the preordering continues for more than 12 hours at least. Haven't seen that since December.

New rumor says that GameStop might not get any online pre-orders, from the AmiiboAlerts Twitter. :c

Wow. If that's true, wow. Sucks.

I was so close to leaving several times while I was waiting in line, but people in front of me kept leaving, so I stuck around. Glad I did... and I'd like to thank those people for leaving. I probably wouldn't have been able to get everything otherwise.

Guys Nintendo told me no one in America likes Earthbound. Why are you buying a Ness figure for a game you clearly don't like? NoA wouldn't lie to me.

I'd consider stopping by GameStop after work just to see if I can get in a Ness pre-order since it seems like some people are still able to make them, but I just don't want the gamestop employees to be snarky dicks to me and laugh about it like I know they will (cause they have before). They're the worst.
they live and die by surveys. tell them who laughed at you in a tellgamestop survey

Muzy72

Banned
Ness and Pac-Man pre-ordered at GameStop, along with the Splatoon 3 pack.

Still need Robin, Lucina, Charizard, Wario, Jigglypuff, and Greninja. Not too worried about Charizard/Wario, hoping to snag Jigglypuff/Greninja on Amazon Japan (does anyone know if they've opened up pre-orders yet?), but Robin/Lucina are stressing me the fuck out ;_;

Fox Mulder

Guys Nintendo told me no one in America likes Earthbound. Why are you buying a Ness figure for a game you clearly don't like? NoA wouldn't lie to me.

I got excited when Iwata revealed Lucas for smash and said he's from mother 3 that's only been released in Japan. I was waiting for "until now".

After the big push they did for Codename Steam and reprinting Marth, they are still doing this crap.

At this point, I dont know why people are even excited for a marth reprint. It'll be a bullshit tiny run that sells out immediately too.

Won't people be able to just order another Ness when it goes up for PO online after getting it from WIS as well? Not sure how they plan on preventing that.

I really hate sitting here hitting refresh on amazon for Lucina and Robin. Friggin first in line at gamestop, and still didn't get them is such horse shit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, Pac-Man was available for pre-order as well? I wish I would've mentioned him, but I figured "oh, no Robin or Lucina, guess I should save my $16 in credit for the Splatoon pack"

Idk if this was posted before but i saw this tweeted by GS

"Due to very strong demand for the newest wave of Nintendo’s amiibo figures, GameStop is experiencing some technical issues with our website.
At this time, we are accepting pre-orders of amiibo in stores only while we resolve these issues.
We are working aggressively to resolve the technical issues as quickly as possible and expect it to be back online shortly."

https://www.facebook.com/GameStop/posts/1010806118939314

cabel

A guy had been waiting in line for 2+ hours, and was trading in Bravely Default in order to be able to afford Ness.

He got up to the front and the guy asked for ID to do the trade-in. His face sunk.

"I… I don't have any ID on me".
"I can't do the trade in without ID, it's county rules. Do you have a credit card?
"I do but… it'll probably be declined."
"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

I swiped my card instead and paid for his Amiibo.

A guy had been waiting in line for 2+ hours, and was trading in Bravely Default in order to be able to afford Ness.

He got up to the front and the guy asked for ID to do the trade-in. His face sunk.

"I can't do the trade in without ID, it's county rules. Do you have a credit card?
"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

Poor guy :\

ash321

"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

If it me i'll buy it from him than trade back and pre-order it.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
This has probably been established in the 8 pages I was away but...
GameStop in store is operating perfectly again.
Just pre-ordered my Ness, was in and out in 15 minutes.
They said they have no indication of stock left, but that orders are going through fine now.
They also told me 6 CST for Online Pre-Orders, but again, grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom