• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy had been waiting in line for 2+ hours, and was trading in Bravely Default in order to be able to afford Ness.

He got up to the front and the guy asked for ID to do the trade-in. His face sunk.

"I… I don't have any ID on me".
"I can't do the trade in without ID, it's county rules. Do you have a credit card?
"I do but… it'll probably be declined."
"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

I swiped my card instead and paid for his Amiibo.
Bravo.

A guy had been waiting in line for 2+ hours, and was trading in Bravely Default in order to be able to afford Ness.

He got up to the front and the guy asked for ID to do the trade-in. His face sunk.

"I can't do the trade in without ID, it's county rules. Do you have a credit card?
"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

You win the day sir. Well played.

Joei

"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

Uh, he only his himself to blame for that one. Amiibo should be the least of his concerns.

Jomjom

Banned

Damnnnnnnnnnn. Did the entirety of Wave 4 go up for preorder at Best Buy?

"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

How can the guy trade in Bravely Default??!?!

mrhej

I need to ask you guys something.

How do you deal with this all the time? Getting the Splatoon 3 pack was crazy enough checking amazon, best buy, eb games and gaf at the same time and getting lucky.

I know I'm never doing this again
until the yarn yoshi amiibo
, the fact that I got what I wanted minutes before the site went down was crazy.

I got 1 Pacman from Best Buy and 2 Ness from GameStop today. Feels good as someone who is completely new to amiibo collecting and didn't pre-order any before today.

MrDaravon

"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

Good on you!

Why on earth would someone not have their ID on them though?

The+chimney+sweep+_f68edd8d2387ff032c569653b3cbe171.gif

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Oh, and as of my experience in store, they WERE happy to confirm Lucina, Robin, and Charizard are all sold out.

I will consider myself incredibly lucky, but DAMN this was an adventure none the less.

cabel

Uh, he only his himself to blame for that one. Amiibo should be the least of his concerns.

I also agree with this. Amiibo should probably not be the top overall priority. :)

But, people's lives are complicated — and sometimes a little joy is important. He was buying it for his brother, interestingly, so who knows the circumstances there.

ChaosXVI

If I was willing to stand in line for 1 1/2 hours just to get a Ness amiibo, while being fourth in line, I will move mountains and planets for those fucking Yarn Yoshi amiibos.

TheGrue

I need to ask you guys something.

How do you deal with this all the time? Getting the Splatoon 3 pack was crazy enough checking amazon, best buy, eb games and gaf at the same time and getting lucky.

I know I'm never doing this again
until the yarn yoshi amiibo
, the fact that I got what I wanted minutes before the site went down was crazy.

The hunt is much of the fun for me. I like days like today when everything jsut works out and you get everything you were trying to get.

Davey Cakes

I don't want to sound like an asshole but any time I hear someone predicting that their credit card will be declined, especially for minor purchase, I think that their priorities are out of whack.

Mzo

Just walked back in and got the Splatoon 3 pack, which I didn't even know was available when I got the 6 pack earlier.

I wonder if people just don't care about the squid kids or if there are a lot in stock.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

Amazing. Bravo, sir!

rjinaz

So it turns out Robin and Lucina are actually more difficult to obtain than Ness?

probably not. Gamestop has more Ness stock because they are literally the only place you can get it in the US.

Lucina and Robin will be in a lot of places.

This has probably been established in the 8 pages I was away but...
GameStop in store is operating perfectly again.
Just pre-ordered my Ness, was in and out in 15 minutes.
They said they have no indication of stock left, but that orders are going through fine now.
They also told me 6 CST for Online Pre-Orders, but again, grain of salt.

I heard the same thing, just got back from GameStop. Had no problem getting ness and pac man either (waited maybe 15min max), but those two were all they had left, other than the splatoon ones.

"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

Good on you man!

Just left my Gamestop with a Ness preorder. Wasted my lunch break for no reason, but thank god it seems that the exclusive to Gamestop came through and there was enough supply for me to make it through work and still get one.

The guy at my Gamestop said that only Ness and Pacman were left to preorder, though. Surprised Wario went so fast, honestly.

ZeroX03

Banned
Good on you!

Why on earth would someone not have their ID on them though?

Anyone who doesn't drive. If you use your passport as ID you wouldn't want to bring that everywhere with you.

Brian★;158626747 said:
Diggeh better get ready to create Amiibo Thread 7.
LIST YOUR OT TITLES GUYS.

Amiibo Thread 7 | A NeoGAF Exclusive

"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

Nice going. Sometimes a little gesture like that can really brighten up someones day.

Think I'll be sitting this craze out. Never really got into it and I'd rather not get frustrated at Nintendo.

Is it just me or had GameStop really gone downhill over the last 8-10 years? First time there a while. When I walked in, they play a recording telling customers they're under surveillance. And I just see a bunch of employees manhandling new merchandise and generally not giving a fuck. Feels like a fucking DMV now.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I work in a grocery store and you would be surprised how many people do not have ID's on them. And some of their excuses will make you laugh.

I've had people hand me their husbands entire wallet full of cards and not seeing any problem with it. It's not their cards or ID.

Somnid

With any luck supplies will hold out for another hour and a half. Probably not with the East Coast people getting off work.

Davey Cakes

Robin and Lucina will be rare purely because of what happened with Marth.

For a little while I contemplated how rare Ness would be. I thought maybe Fox level rareness. But nope. Nintendo decides to make that niche character an exclusive, even after the mess of the last exclusive batch.

Now Ness will be rare for more reasons than one.

Hobbun

I don't want to sound like an asshole but any time I hear someone predicting that their credit card will be declined, especially for minor purchase, I think that their priorities are out of whack.

Agreed.

If he can't afford to spend $12.99 + tax, he shouldn't be buying any toys.

CodeNfX

"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

That's very generous of you.

ash321

Is it just me or had GameStop really gone downhill over the last 8-10 years? First time there a while. When I walked in, they play a recording telling customers they're under surveillance. And I just see a bunch of employees manhandling new merchandise and generally not giving a fuck. Feels like a fucking DMV now.

What are they doing with the new merchandise ?

Ryhian

I was able to walk in and order Ness and get out within 10 mins. They had to ship to my house though but free shipping vs best buys $5 shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom