• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, I got a Ness ordered. So that's good, but still don't have my Lucina.

Still up to trade some other rares for her if I can't order her myself.

Davey Cakes

Not everyone has a driver's license. Not everyone drives everywhere.
I didn't have my license until a couple of years ago.

I had an official ID as soon as I started a bank account when I got my first job at 16.

Having SOME ID at all times is imperative.

A guy had been waiting in line for 2+ hours, and was trading in Bravely Default in order to be able to afford Ness.

He got up to the front and the guy asked for ID to do the trade-in. His face sunk.

"I… I don't have any ID on me".
"I can't do the trade in without ID, it's county rules. Do you have a credit card?
"I do but… it'll probably be declined."
"Sorry man!"

After two hours waiting!

I swiped my card instead and paid for his Amiibo.

Very good of you. Now watch, you'll run into that same guy at the Target Jigglypuff camp, and he'll try to slit your throat for your place in line.

Shauni

Do we think there will be any Ness stock for online? I don't want to drag my sorry ass back to GameStop again today =/

I'm sure they'll be some online, but honestly (and this is just me talking) I find ordering in store has been a lot more reliable with GS. Since we're still hearing about Ness preorders going through, I would just brave it and go back to GS, or at least call them to see if the system is working again at that store. Granting it's not a long ass drive for you, and granting you really want Ness.

yeah i'd say you should still go just in case, Ness seems like a lot :)

i bet all the online orders for later on gamestop .com are being converted to web in store, as stupid as that sounds

as for lucina and robin, Ness is still available because its exclusive, they would have a shit load, since non exclusives get distributed to every store - target, best buy, wal mart, gamestop etc

beanman25

I will say that one fun aspect for me has been seeing the same people waiting in lines and building new friendships. It's likely I won't be seeing most of these people in my spare time, but being able to recognize a face and have someone to talk to helps tremendously.

Piscus

I've fought long and hard for my amiibo, but I think I am out. This is crushing me. And if the reason I feel so pissed in general is because of amiibo, I need to start rethinking my priorities. Anyone want the first 29 amiibo NIB? PM me with your offers.

Velcro Fly

I'm sure they'll be some online, but honestly (and this is just me talking) I find ordering in store has been a lot more reliable with GS. Since we're still hearing about Ness preorders going through, I would just brave it and go back to GS, or at least call them to see if the system is working again at that store. Granting it's not a long ass drive for you, and granting you really want Ness.

Yeah it's only about a 5-10 minute drive.

I guess I'll go back.

Pyrokai

Quick Questions:

1. Any retailers that HAVEN'T put their stock up for pre-order?

2. Is it true that TRU is doing pre-orders tomorrow?

3. Is all hope lost for Jigglypuff?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Quick Questions:

1. Amazon
2. Supposedly, yes
3. Target has a history of putting pre-orders up again later, so I wouldn't lose hope yet

Neo Dark

Robin and Lucina will be rare purely because of what happened with Marth.

Pfft, they'll be like. We're reprinting all FE characters again since they're compatible with Codename S.T.E.A.M. (and most likely Illusory Revelations #FE and Fire Emblem if)

TheGrue

Quick Questions:

1. Amazon, Wal-Mart, TRU, various other chains.

2. That's the rumor.

3. Target has said they will have stock in store and online on May 29th.

ace_of_space

Neo Member
Got there at 3, was 5th in line for amiibo. Bundle sold out after the first person got one, lucky guy. By the time I got to the register the only one available was Ness, Charizard and Pac-Man. Really wanted Lucina and Robin...I checked out at 5:03 pm with a Ness.

For my store it seems they made a grand total sale of 1 bundle, and a handful of Ness. Bravo GameStop.

Salamando

Amiib_ Thr_ad 7 | We're sorry, some letters in your title are no longer available

Want to hear something crazy? I had Robin preordered at BestBuy, but I cancelled him since I realized I actually didn't want him. And I didn't want to risk my Lucina getting cancelled...

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Quick Questions:

1. Yes. Amazon and Walmart.
2. Yes, as far as I know.
3. No, there should be at least one of two more opportunities to pre-order before it's released.

Quick Questions:

1. Walmart and Amazon, I was told earlier. When though, is the real question.

2. Butts.

3. Go to Target day of like with Rosalina?

Missed out on Robin and Wario at both GameStop and Best Buy but I did get Ness, Lucina, Charizard, and Pac-Man.

How the fuck was I able to get Lucina but not Wario?

SalvaPot

And I am still trapped here in the south of mexico, not able to go to a gamestop and get my order in.

Jeez, I wish I knew someone who could go in my place and make and order, but all my friends are away on vacation.

Hobbun

Got there at 3, was 5th in line for amiibo. Bundle sold out after the first person got one, lucky guy. By the time I got to the register the only one available was Ness, Charizard and Pac-Man. Really wanted Lucina and Robin...

For my store it seems they made a grand total sale of 1 bundle, and a handful of Ness. Bravo GameStop.

Me too. I was told though that there were only about 3 for each of them before they were sold out.

Three? WTF

Phu

Banned
After a few hours standing around, I managed to get Ness and Charizard.

The only other one I could have gotten there that I wanted was Lucina and she sold out quickly.

I'm honestly shocked Ness lasted, I thought he'd be the first gone.

FOR THOSE THAT THOUGHT I WAS LYING ABOUT PRE ORDERING NESS OVER THE PHONE

First of all, i wouldn't lie to you guys. You are in the same boat as me and I just want to help fellow Gaffers out.
I have yet to go to the GS I pre ordered Ness from but I just received this in my email.

Screen_Shot_2015_04_02_at_3_09_28_PM.png
Idk why the cashier wanted to help me out, but i think this is proof enough that he did

Kitoro

Managed to get a standalone Ness as a safety net during the system crash this morning. Then I decided to just suck it up and get the 6 pack (even though I'd rather get the commons from Best Buy with my 20% discount).

She managed to get it to go through, so I've got a 6 pack and an extra Ness for a friend locked down.

I was second in line, being helped simultaneously alongside the first on two different registers.

My orders went through while the scalper ahead of me in line who didn't even know who the characters were and just repeating he wanted everything he could get was still stuck with errors trying to add to cart. I guess I got lucky.

Melchior

Quick question. Want to pick up the Splatoon 3 pack and I'm short about 10$. Getting paid in a few days but want to atleast guarantee I can get it. Does Amazon charge immediately or will they charge when it ships (May 29th around there).

Josh5890

Yep, I'm shocked I could even find Ike.

Well Marth is coming back in may so I'm hoping that I will snag him. As for Robin and Lucina I'm banking on getting lucky somewhere. Worse case I'll have an extra Ike coming in from Gamestop down the road so there is a little trade bait.

Somnid

Quick question. Want to pick up the Splatoon 3 pack and I'm short about 10$. Getting paid in a few days but want to atleast guarantee I can get it. Does Amazon charge immediately or will they charge when it ships (May 29th around there).

When it ships.

Amazon charges when it ships :p

NESS GET!

Ran back over when their systems were working and grabbed one and was back to work in 15 minutes :)

No Lucina or Robin but I'd prefer to get those from Amazon anyway.

Pyrokai

Thanks for answering my questions, guys!

I also meant to ask...in regards to TRU pre-orders....does that rumor mean online, in-store, only or both?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
FOR THOSE THAT THOUGHT I WAS LYING ABOUT PRE ORDERING NESS OVER THE PHONE

First of all, i wouldn't lie to you guys. You are in the same boat as me and I just want to help fellow Gaffers out.
I have yet to go to the GS I pre ordered Ness from but I just received this in my email.

Idk why the cashier wanted to help me out, but i think this is proof enough that he did

GS isn't allowed to do orders over the phone, but some do maybe to help out or get numbers.

Palocca

Yessssss I got all the amiibos that I wanted from this upcoming wave! Excited for my main man Ness to be standing proud with Pac-Man, Lucina and the Splatoon chick :)

On a separate note, anyone looking for a Robin? I just ordered one just to get free shipping from Best Buy. Will part for retail price + shipping costs (once I receive).

EDIT: Robin claimed

LowSignal

Just walked out of GameStop and they had splatoon 3 pack ness and packman for online order so I'm ok with that. Still this was a horrible Amiibo experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom