• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Makes sense, except maybe instead of letting the crap sit on shelves, they should just tier price the costlier figures so they are at least breaking even on them. The way it looks to me, they grossly overestimated how much demand there is (was) for the simple figures and they are still going to lose in the long run. Even Skylanders and Infinity lost the luster they originally had and I think this fad is going to die sooner rather than later if it hasn't already.

I updated a post with Iwata's explanation; they didn't want to make it seem some characters were more valuable than others by using pricing tiers. Of course as reality has shaken out the real fans would pay more for niche characters.

Still, I can't help but wonder; in a different scenario where there was a lot of supply but some amiibo were priced 30-50% more, would we just see everyone complaining that Nintendo was gouging gullible fans with figures should have all been priced the same?

_woLf

Good people who want the Lucina amiibo will get the Lucina figma.

Can people just stop saying this as if it's something that is an easy choice

if you want to give me the extra $30 for it by all means go ahead, and even then it won't do anything in my video games. some people actually buy amiibos for more than just displaying them. :|

-Horizon-

But I want both! (At least the other was easy to pre-order...)

At this point, we just try to get what we can actually get lol

Can people just stop saying this as if it's something that is an easy choice

if you want to give me the extra $30 for it by all means go ahead, and even then it won't do anything in my video games. some people actually buy amiibos for more than just displaying them. :|

My post was more making sure people who are "fans" of Lucina and not just amiibos know to get something related to her.

But go ahead. Keep going on with your comment.

Amiibo Thread 7 | The product has been removed from your cart.

Amiibo Thread 7 | The product is unavailable.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Sorry, but the product is out of stock.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Here are some suggestions to your related Amiibo.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
True. Imagine if those took off when online ordering became huge along with social media.

eBay was starting to be a thing (heck, that's how I first heard about it) and even then prices were insane. Back then purchases were limited by "buy 2/3 regulars and be able to buy a bear/retiree!" Imagine if you had to buy 3 regular Amiibos to even buy Gold Mario etc.

Hmmm......so no one is going to the stores tomorrow morning? I mean this is a little better in a way....I guess......but.......omg wut do i do

Some TRUs never did in store preorders I believe. And the online window is open before the stores do (for me at lsast), so online first and then stores if that doesn't work.

Illucio

Banned
All Wave 4 that aren't exclusive.

Of course, its going to be another cluster mess of cursing and tears and possible throw downs like today.

Gah... After the all the mishaps I got from ToysRus especially with Captain Falcon/Pit TWICE do I dare try and order from them again...? I really want to avoid that place for every dollar I have, I simply don't trust pre-orders from them. Best Buy and Gamestop have treated my Amiibo orders great so far, Amazon is the best but runs out of stock the quickest...

-Horizon-

Brian★;158645734 said:
Amiibo Thread 7 | The product has been removed from your cart.

Amiibo Thread 7 | The product is unavailable.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Sorry, but the product is out of stock.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Here are some suggestions to your related Amiibo.

Thread 7 sold out. Thread 8 preorders coming soon.

Jergingha

Neo Member
Hopefully Amazon has most Amiibo online by tomorrow, and I am lucky enough to get some.

I just really want Pac Man and the Splatoon set.

If only Ness wasn't an exclusive, I'd feel less hopeless. :T

bumpkin

Well... That was some bullshit. By the time I found out about the Best Buy links, the only one I could get was Pac-man. Meanwhile, my wife took one for the team and went to my local GS at 3pm today. She was there for an hour and a half and the only one left she could get a preorder for was Ness.

If Pikachu was any indication, Charizard will be everywhere. I kind of suspect Wario will be the same way. But FML, I'm so miffed that I missed out on Robin and Lucina. I'm more miffed because chances are they got Marth'ed; every scalper in the four corners of the Internet flocked to them because they're likely to be in short supply.

I hope Nintendo makes them all look like assholes and puts a ton of them out because of their Codename STEAM compatibility.

Or at least I hope so.

JPS Kai

I don't think a particular store could have been sold out. It was a national stock and it was ship to home only, so not like there'd be limits at a particular store. If your store was sold out, everyone was sold out.

Oh, I know. I'm referring to having my manager get me taken care of as a customer. Believe me, I'm well versed in our supply chain and the trials and tribulations of Nintendo products.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ya know, considering Splatoon has a 3-pack, I kind of hope Nintendo does more of them. There's 3 colors of the Yarn Yoshi amiibo, why not do a bundle for them? Or a bundle of all the Fire Emblem characters, or do Samus & ZSS together?

Josh5890

Brian★;158646127 said:
I actually want Amiibos of the two new Fire Emblem (if / Tentative Title) characters. Please Nintendo.

Given how everyone's luck has been with Fire Emblem amiibos since the beginning, I don't want to think of the possibilities.

Josh5890

Ya know, considering Splatoon has a 3-pack, I kind of hope Nintendo does more of them. There's 3 colors of the Yarn Yoshi amiibo, why not do a bundle for them? Or a bundle of all the Fire Emblem characters, or do Samus & ZSS together?

That's........ actually a pretty smart idea.

Seems like the Web-in-Store preorders and the online preorders pulled from the same pool, so the online Wave 4 orders were only going to be sloppy seconds.

LiK

they did web-in-store cuz they knew it would sell out fast online. did they have 5 per store or what? lame

Bass260

Isn't the Chrom part of that other series of chibi figures? Marth is getting a Nendo though.

Chrom is getting a Charaform, yes. They aren't articulated iirc, but I could be wrong.

Marth and another older FE character are getting Nendo's <3

hwy_61

Banned
After the first wave, I kinda stopped paying attention to amiibo. Well, until now. Does Nintendo produce more figures of each wave, or are they just gone forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom