• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
I went from getting everyone I wanted (Wave 1), to getting the ones I wanted with help from GAF updates (wave 2) to getting some I wanted (Wave 3), to absolutely shitting the bed and not being able to get a single Amiibo for Wave 4. I think I'm gonna call it a day on these things, and just enjoy the ones I have.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
Yeah, I'm ducking out. Gonna grab what I can, then call it quits on my original plans to get the Smash run. This is honestly ridiculous, since not everyone can just rush out of work like that just to get a dumb figure. :/

Edit: Sorry again for my tasteless joke earlier. Legit didn't wanna spoil anything, and thought that the subject matter was niche enough to not spoil anything important. :(

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
So responsible people with daytime jobs are left to pay scalper prices...got it.

Dig, sorry going to use this

OCBATPg.png

I have two jobs and school and I was still able to get Ness today. Granted I was late to work, but it is not impossible!

So what the word on Toys R Us? I read that it supposedly 7-9am EST online tomorrow. Are the orders online only, or will they be up in store a bit later in the day?

Online time is correct.

It will be hit or miss but many stores have confirmed preorder cards at opening tomorrow

rjinaz

I have two jobs and school and I was still able to get Ness today. Granted I was late to work, but it is not impossible!

Just because it's possible for you though... just saying. A lot of people can't get away from work and even if they did, they got 30 mins not 2 hours. Or they don't live near a Gamestop, or they can't drive or don't have a car etc etc.

Today was ridiculous but not having them online was really grating.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Just because it's possible for you though... just saying. A lot of people can't get away from work and even if they did, they got 30 mins not 2 hours. Or they don't live near a Gamestop, or they can't drive or don't have a car etc etc.

Today was ridiculous but not having them online was really grating.

Ridiculous, not impossible though.

Ecto311

Was able to get charizard from best buy but none of the others. Not really looking for others though. Don't recall seeing a release date on the site though I should check into that.

Commander Kook

Neo Member
Got extremely lucky and had the middle of the day off from work. Went to GS at 1:00 and was the only person waiting for most of the time, then a second person showed up 20 minutes before 3:00. Took over an hour for my orders to go through, but was able to snag the 6 bundle and the Splatoon 3-pack.

This is my first time pre-ordering these things as I came to the party late, only starting the collection in late Feb. It's amazing how collecting these things has totally consumed me. Doesn't help that I also bought Pit, Little Mac, Falcon, and King D NIB for $120 off ebay last night.

Dig, sorry going to use this

OCBATPg.png

It doesn't matter how many jobs or classes people have. You could have 1 single class today and it could be from 3-6pm and have nothing else attached to with all the rest of the time. You could work 21 hours a day and happen to have those 3 hours free. Those stats are worthless.

goldenpp72

It doesn't matter how many jobs or classes people have. You could have 1 single class today and it could be from 3-6pm and have nothing else attached to with all the rest of the time. You could work 21 hours a day and happen to have those 3 hours free. Those stats are worthless.

Very much true, in fact just last week I was working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week in the middle of a forest out of state, had this popped up just a week earlier I would have been screwed on getting any of them. Just because some people can make the time doesn't mean everyone can. The fact people have to duck work, lose sleep or other shit just to give Nintendo money is idiotic.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I thought I did good by buying a giftcard before I left for the day. They said they would process it with wave 4 and Splatoon bundle.

I thought I was ahead of the gang until I found out they catered to the entire line up first... No Charizard or Wario by that time... I miss my old GS :(

Jergingha

Neo Member
I have a day time career with a shit ton of PTO. So.. How am I not responsible? I managed to get all of today's releases.

I wouldn't take their comment personal. If anything it was more so directed at GS and Nintendo for their incompetence, not a slight to those who managed to get preorders.

rjinaz

Do you not have paid time off?

First of all no I don't. Second of all even if i did I wouldn't want to use it to stand in a line. Third of all, Gamestop said they would have online orders. Everybody must have pretty cushy jobs if you think it is so easy to just take off time whenever you please. I'm jealous.

Insaniac

First of all no I don't. Second of all even if i did I wouldn't want to use it to stand in a line. Third of all, Gamestop said they would have online orders. Everybody must have pretty cushy jobs if you think it is so easy to just take off time whenever you please. I'm jealous.

not to mention we found out about the pre orders less than 24 hours before they went up. Usually most businesses don't allow you to set up PTO <24 in advance

Muzy72

Banned
Anyone else find it suspicious that the remaining characters for amiibo are the 3 retro characters + Falco? Starting to suspect that G+W, ROB, and Duck Hunt will be their own wave, and then Falco is being held back to release alongside Star Fox U and a Wolf amiibo later this year.

backlot

not to mention we found out about the pre orders less than 24 hours before they went up. Usually most businesses don't allow you to set up PTO <24 in advance

Also who expected it to take two hours for Gamestop to get its system up and running again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom