• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Stubbs

So the only way to have gotten a Ness is pre order it web in store? It hasn't come up on their website at all? Damn when I thought the Amiibo mess couldn't get any worse. That's just stupid.

After the first wave, I kinda stopped paying attention to amiibo. Well, until now. Does Nintendo produce more figures of each wave, or are they just gone forever?
They reproduced Luigi, Zelda, Diddy Kong, Sonic, and MegaMan. Others not so much...
Marth is getting one in May according to Direct.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So the only way to have gotten a Ness is pre order it web in store? It hasn't come up on their website at all? Damn when I thought the Amiibo mess couldn't get any worse. That's just stupid.

image.php

The most appropriate avatar on this thread. I always hear the comments in Sinbad's voice too.

They should just do them in store during the day of and no pre-orders. Camp out old school. Or make them available online in the weekend for more people to have a chance. Something.

skaflone721

Neo Member
They should just do them in store during the day of and no pre-orders. Camp out old school. Or make them available online in the weekend for more people to have a chance. Something.

The best way is for retailers to cooperate and have set period like a week for orders. Then have Nintendo make how many were ordered.

That will never happen.

Koppai

I just need the Splatoon 3 pack (should have just ordered it when I was at GameStop...) but decided to wait for Best Buy since the rep said it was coming and Greninja :)

Jrs3000

Any times for TRU, Target (besides JP) to put their figures up?

EDIT: I noticed it's still buy 1 get 1 40% at tru so it'll be good if they don't push back the wave until next week.

Comet

I think I'm going to import from PygeHD. I can't get an Ike in the US for less than $30 USD

Edit - and it's gone there too lol

weevles

I updated a post with Iwata's explanation; they didn't want to make it seem some characters were more valuable than others by using pricing tiers. Of course as reality has shaken out the real fans would pay more for niche characters.

Still, I can't help but wonder; in a different scenario where there was a lot of supply but some amiibo were priced 30-50% more, would we just see everyone complaining that Nintendo was gouging gullible fans with figures should have all been priced the same?

Yeah it's clear fans are willing to pay more to complete their collections and what not. I'm sure we'd all be complaining whichever way this went, but I think I'd feel better knowing I have a shot at getting what I want within reason as opposed to just being assed out because the grey market has taken over the collectibles market.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It's funny, but I actually wouldn't mind so much if I didn't know we will be watching the Nintendo of America marketing machine blithely promote wave 4 and 5 amiibos for the next six months. In pictures, on twitter, and on Miiverse with "tell us how much you like your Ness amiibo!" topics.

Long after they're all gone, with a few locked behind ebay sellers for $100 apiece.

Bamboo Boy

Neo Member
Wow... This thread moved faster than the Direct one. Crazy.

I hope I can grab a pre-oder of Wave 4 here in my country, but looking at the US situation it will be really difficult.

Alex

Sucks about Ness, I would've bought one had I been able to online.

I went to peep what the scalpers are up to over on eBay and saw a bunch of pretty awkwardly made, high priced home made amiibos. Two for Jigglypuff alone from different sellers, strange...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wow... This thread moved faster than the Direct one. Crazy.

I hope I can grab a pre-oder of Wave 4 here in my country, but looking at the US situation it will be really difficult.

The salt was flowing strongly today.

OCBATPg.png

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
For those living in Washington state, Fred Meyer has a buy 2 get one free going on at the store with an in-store coupon.

Wanderer5

So what the word on Toys R Us? I read that it supposedly 7-9am EST online tomorrow. Are the orders online only, or will they be up in store a bit later in the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom