• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phu

Banned
Seriously, if the preorders went up yesterday I wouldn't have been able to get anything. Even if I could take off time from work or school I couldn't because of a situation I had to attend to.

Being able to get anything today was just dumb luck with scheduling.

So responsible people with daytime jobs are left to pay scalper prices...got it.
I have a daytime job and still got it. I was lucky to live near the east coast though.
Should really say "People that do not order within 1 hour of pre-order time".
At least true with Robin/Lucina.

Somnid

I could have taken a long lunch to get Ness. I didn't and was unable to get one. If this stuff makes you genuinely upset then take a step back. A few of you guys could really use some reflection. Don't collect to collect or because it's valuable, collect because it's enjoyable. If you resent taking off work to hang out with a couple Amiibros outside a Gamestop this game probably isn't for you.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.yodobashi.com/HORI-ホリ-AMB-004-amiibo用-クリアケース/pd/100000001002682086/

Anyone seen these cases before? They're pretty rad.

100000001002682086_10204.jpg

Those are neat! Good luck fitting a SMB series amiibo in there. I'd get one for Gold Mario if he fit!

rjinaz

Actually I'm not even mad. I did pretty good today with the online orders. I'll just trade a Ness for a Jiggly at some point. It's more of the attitude of "well I got one so you should have too" that annoyed me.

Actually I'm not even mad. I did pretty good today with the online orders. I'll just trade a Ness for a Jiggly at some point. It's more of the attitude of "well I got one so you should have too" that annoyed me.
I can agree with that and using it to excuse NoA incompetence. Those people can eat it.

Piggus

All this talk about PTO, jobs, and Amiibo hunting...

What has become of us?

It's the ridicuous adult version of the Pokemon card obsession all over again. It was silly then and it's silly now. That said, amiibos are cooler than stupid ass Pokemon cards.

I didn't realize the preorders would actually go up today. I missed everything. I'm so tired of this, I can't even work up the effort to be mad.

MisterHero

There was a big line at Gamestop today. Most amiibos were taken up but luckily Ness and Pac-Man were the last to go. I got one of each. A few people in front of me were conceding defeat over other amiibos but were still excited about Ness.

I asked them if any of them played EarthBound, and only one of them said they just downloaded it for Wii U. He didn't play it yet.

Sad Ness

It's the ridicuous adult version of the Pokemon card obsession all over again. It was silly then and it's silly now. That said, amiibos are cooler than stupid ass Pokemon cards.
The Pokémon TCG is fun to play, but a pain to collect. Enjoying the Virtual Console release.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Anyone else find it suspicious that the remaining characters for amiibo are the 3 retro characters + Falco? Starting to suspect that G+W, ROB, and Duck Hunt will be their own wave, and then Falco is being held back to release alongside Star Fox U and a Wolf amiibo later this year.

That's all that is left for the smash series? I didn't even realize we were so close to the end.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Pokemon cards are actually pretty awesome looking lately. Dem full arts and EXs...

Jergingha

Neo Member

I agree. Kudos to everyone who snagged one, but let the people who didn't sulk and be as disappointed as they are. It's justified, really, and saying things like "well I got it so it's not impossible" only creates more tension and really helps solve nothing.

I agree. Kudos to everyone who snagged one, but let the people who didn't sulk and be as disappointed as they are. It's justified, really, and saying things like "well I got it so it's not impossible" only creates more tension and really helps solve nothing.

I spent an hour standing in line, and then had to go back to work. I just wanted to get my fiance a Ness without having to give money to scalper scumbags.

Maengun1

I called Gamestop about the incorrect zip code on my amiibo order. He told me they could fix it in store but to come tomorrow, lol. I think they're still getting calls down there.

So my Ness, Wario and Pac-Man are secure. I'm keeping an eye on amazon and hoping to score the Splatoon pack there........and gonna be doing an early morning run to Target on the day Jigglypuff comes out hoping for the best. God have mercy.

All of my local gamestops are completely sold out of ALL the wave 4 amiibos, including the splatoon bundles..so I just have to hope that these will be available online for pre order..just want pac-man, wario, and splatoon bundle

Well I hope more go up for preorder tomorrow so that you an snag one.

I really hope more opportunities arise.

Me too. At this point, given the demand, there is no reason why Gamestop couldn't take preorders, and then place an order for a second production run based off of those preorders.

Grok4Spock

All of my local gamestops are completely sold out of ALL the wave 4 amiibos, including the splatoon bundles..so I just have to hope that these will be available online for pre order..just want pac-man, wario, and splatoon bundle

Those were the ones I wanted. I managed to snag Pac Man and the Splatoon 3-pack, but Wario was sold out. It's either Amazon possibly tonight or Toys R Us in the morning...

Fox Mulder

lol @ the "well I was able to get them, so literally everyone else could have too!" mentality.

I got ness and jigglypuff, fuck all you guys!

No really, this is god awful and both Nintendo and gamestop should be embarrassed. I wonder how much money gamestop lost today alone with their entire network down.

If there was any sign that NoA is doing this shit intentionally, it was today. All this time between waves, plenty of data to learn from, no dock strike bullshit, still fucked preorders.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
The amiibo god has smiled upon me: my teacher was in a car accident, and now my class is cancelled. Unfortunately, that's not a good thing. And now the next several hours will be spent refreshing instead of learning...

TheGrue

Agreed. It breaks my heart to see people who really wanted this stuff not be able to get it due to not being available the times it happened to go up. We're a community and we should act like a support group for our Amiibros who couldn't lock pre-orders down.

Hakai

The amiibo god has smiled upon me: my teacher was in a car accident, and now my class is cancelled. Unfortunately, that's not a good thing. And now the next several hours will be spent refreshing instead of learning...

Huh...is your teacher fine?

rjinaz

Dude it's just some toys, getting in an accident is serious and not something to be thankful for. Hope the teacher was alright anyway.

hwy_61

Banned

It's like those threads complaining about X not working in a game or a system OS, and somebody posting, "WORKS FOR ME!"

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Dude it's just some toys, getting in an accident is serious and not something to be thankful for. Hope the teacher was alright anyway.
He's okay.

Do we have any idea of when amazon might be doing preorders? I'm really hating this not knowing, and I do want to sleep at some point tonight... I just gotta at least get Lucina :( and if possible Robin

Those were the ones I wanted. I managed to snag Pac Man and the Splatoon 3-pack, but Wario was sold out. It's either Amazon possibly tonight or Toys R Us in the morning...

Yeah Im not even after the so-called hard to find amiibos, just the most common ones..I couldn't go to Gamestop today besides I called two local ones and both said they had dozens of people waiting in line outside, not worth it..was going to try tomorrow but both stores said they are completely sold out..
Now onto Toys R Us..IF all the amiibos will be available online at 4am my time(Damn west coast time) then I will get up and give it a shot..but I dont want to wake up that early like some idiot for no reason, has anyone even confirmed it will be up at that time? Wish it would be up on amazon too(Not that early of course) geez who knew getting little plastic figures would be so hard

HUELEN10

What do you guys want? I am gonna go to TRU tomorrow morning and as always with everything but rares after launch, It will be at cost (Bloated TRU price+tax), plus shipping.

Whatcha looking for? Keep in mind, I still have an extra Rosie and Shulk to trade for Marth and Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom