• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

He's okay.

Not to pile on but even still. There can be hospital costs, his car might be totaled and expensive to fix and psychological trauma. Heck I was hit from the back hard in an accident and was terrified of having cars behind be for the longest time. Not too mention my neck was screwed up shortly after and still acts up from time to time.

HUELEN10

So why did GameStop change the way they handled preorders?
I preferred the old way.

Me too, as you can make sure you get a good paint job and whatnot, but this helps cut down on Scalpers.

No Scalpers gonna spend 3 hours for few duplicates like us right? At least not many...

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Not to pile on but even still. There can be hospital costs, his car might be totaled and expensive to fix and psychological trauma. Heck I was hit from the back hard in an accident and was terrified of having cars behind be for the longest time. Not too mention my neck was screwed up shortly after and still acts up from time to time.
I didn't say I was thankful it happened...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The amiibo god has smiled upon me: my teacher was in a car accident, and now my class is cancelled. Unfortunately, that's not a good thing. And now the next several hours will be spent refreshing instead of learning...

HdaPYKN.gif

So why did GameStop change the way they handled preorders?
I preferred the old way.
The logic was that it would give people more chances to order.
The problem was A) bad timing B) WIS sucks C) Because no online, it actually meant less chances D) Inventory sucked

Grok4Spock

Yeah Im not even after the so-called hard to find amiibos, just the most common ones..I couldn't go to Gamestop today besides I called two local ones and both said they had dozens of people waiting in line outside, not worth it..was going to try tomorrow but both stores said they are completely sold out..
Now onto Toys R Us..IF all the amiibos will be available online at 4am my time(Damn west coast time) then I will get up and give it a shot..but I dont want to wake up that early like some idiot for no reason, has anyone even confirmed it will be up at that time? Wish it would be up on amazon too(Not that early of course) geez who knew getting little plastic figures would be so hard

What I find kind of amusing is how Nintendo announces these waves like we can just walk into the store on launch day and be awash with Amiibo all over the place. These shoratges are some Sith lord Yamauchi-like stuff....

Welfare

The amiibo god has smiled upon me: my teacher was in a car accident, and now my class is cancelled. Unfortunately, that's not a good thing. And now the next several hours will be spent refreshing instead of learning...

You could've been learning about when the right time to refresh is.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
"The amiibo god has smiled upon me"

But there isn't really any other way to interpret that, just saying. Not that it really matters, it just came across as really cold.
I was implying that amiibo god is cruel.
Wario just tweeted Speedwagon's post. Congrats, haha.
Yesss

What I find kind of amusing is how Nintendo announces these waves like we can just walk into the store on launch day and be awash with Amiibo all over the place. These shoratges are some Sith lord Yamauchi-like stuff....

I was even more surprised that at 12pm noon here in Los Angeles, you had scores and scores of people waiting in line for amiibos at gamestops that are usually dead, I called two that normally have maybe 1-2 people tops just chillin in the store playing on the PS4, today they were jam packed total insanity. I understand the whole 1 amiibo per customer thing Im totally fine with that but make it available online not everyone can get off of work and go to the nearest gamestop to get one of these things, maybe, maybe if they are lucky
Im hoping, just like with the Mario Party 10 amiibos, that these will be super easy to find once its officially released in stores I mean look at me, refreshing the page every second for something that won't even be coming out for another TWO MONTHS

rjinaz

Any respectable job should have PTO, unless you're flipping burgers or something

In the US? No lol no. Especially not if you're new or maybe already used it up? Kind of ironic you were insulted because you thought somebody insinuated you must not be a responsible working adult earlier, but you just insulted a bunch of people by saying they must flip burgers.

And as somebody else already pointed out, most jobs won't let you take paid leave off with a 24 hour notice.

DooD1234

They rub salt in the wound by announcing those amiibo just release on their twitter. Then proceed to kick you in the ground by announcing they have restocks at the Nintendo World Store only found in New York.

RootCause

Me too, as you can make sure you get a good paint job and whatnot, but this helps cut down on Scalpers.

No Scalpers gonna spend 3 hours for few duplicates like us right? At least not many...
I hadn't thought about that. My Ness better not come with weird eyes. I guess that could cut down on scalpers, but I'm sure they aren't too happy about the system going down for such a long time.

Probably because they would preorder more than they knew they were going to get, so some customers got pissed that they put money down, but were still not guaranteed one.
That's annoying. GS had my Bowser on floor, and sold my Sonic. Luckily my BB came through with sonic.

Anime

Neo Member
Whats the damage report guys?Did you score today? i mangaged to get everyone and am now waiting for Wario and Greninja.

Certainly were a lot of casualties in this great war and it will only get tougher from here on out.

Kama_1082

Banned
In the US? No lol no. Especially not if you're new or maybe already used it up? Kind of ironic you were insulted because you thought somebody insinuated you must not be a responsible working adult earlier, but you just insulted a bunch of people by saying they must flip burgers.

And as somebody else already pointed out, most jobs won't let you take paid leave off with a 24 hour notice.

I live in the US and my job allows me to take PTO whenever I please, I guess I'm the lucky one. I worked menial jobs in college on my way to my degrees,that's why I asked about the non PTO. My apologies.

Gartooth

Missed out on Jigglypuff during class and made a conscious decision to skip Ness since he wasn't online. It was probably for the best since I had class an hour after his orders opened and I wouldn't have gotten him in time even if I was near the front of the line. Here's hoping for Greninja and the Splatoon bundle tomorrow...

Just happy I got the other five through Best Buy when I was around.

Jergingha

Neo Member
Whats the damage report guys?Did you score today? i mangaged to get everyone and am now waiting for Wario and Greninja.

Certainly were a lot of casualties in this great war and it will only get tougher from here on out.

I personally didn't get lucky, but a few did, so good for them.

shanafan

I got ness and jigglypuff, fuck all you guys!

No really, this is god awful and both Nintendo and gamestop should be embarrassed. I wonder how much money gamestop lost today alone with their entire network down.

If there was any sign that NoA is doing this shit intentionally, it was today. All this time between waves, plenty of data to learn from, no dock strike bullshit, still fucked preorders.

Nintendo intentionally caused GameStop's website to crash? What does Nintendo have to gain from that?

RootCause

The Haves
Ness
Wario
Charizard
Pacman

The Have nots
JigglyPuff
Greninja
Robin
Lucina

rjinaz

I live in the US and my job allows me to take PTO whenever I please, I guess I'm the lucky one. I worked menial jobs in college on my way to my degrees,that's why I asked about the non PTO. My apologies.

I live in the US and started working for the Post Office, a government job. No paid leave. It's cool , but just realize not everybody's situation is going to be like your own.

I met a guy at GameStop that worked at Best Buy and he was trying to collect all the amiibo despite getting in to it a bit late. He couldn't stay past his break so he didn't get any preorders but I hooked him up with the extra Shulk I had for $20. He texted me an offer for a gold Mario, so later I'll be doing a straight trade for an extra Pit that I have. I didn't care to track down any SMB amiibo except Toad but I figured why not? Though, I'm gonna have to talk myself down from picking up the rest now that I already have gold Mario + MP10 bundle + Toad.

Other than that I managed to nab Ness and Charizard.

TheGrue

I got everything I tried to get, which is:

Jigglypuff
Wario
Charizard
Lucina
Robin
Pac-Man
Ness

Will try to get Greninja tomorrow off TRU and the Splatoon 3-pack (I didn't even think to try to get it while at Gamestop today) probably whenever Amazon puts it up. Might grab it from TRU as well, but they usually charge more.

Fox Mulder

Nintendo intentionally caused GameStop's website to crash? What does Nintendo have to gain from that?

Target sold out immediately, best buy sold out immediately, and the demand crashed GameStop's network.

Nintendo has had plenty of time to figure out the demand, but this shit is still so limited. Totally intentional.

Kama_1082

Banned
To more accurately control stock or whatever.

Too bad Gamestop's horrible communication crippled the entire network as people tried to buy online.
Local gamestop said that many high traffic stores were caught with their pants down not fulfilling pre-orders for special editions and this was the lead up to it.

rjinaz

The Haves
Ness
Wario
Charizard
Pacman

The Have nots
JigglyPuff
Greninja
Robin
Lucina

The Haves
Lucina (BB)
Robin (BB)
Pacman (BB)
JigglyPuff (Target)

The Have nots
Ness (who knows how)
Greninja (TRU tomorrow if lucky)
Wario (Amazon)
Charizard (Amazon)

Really lucked out today. My kid had a severe peanut allergy today at lunch so I was able to stop by Gamestop on the way to the hospital to get Ness.

I can't believe they aren't going to put Ness online for order. What a mess.

kirby_fox

Banned

I live in the US, worked menial jobs in college and have to fight for hours now at my job. Not everyone is lucky good sir.

I'll get up when I get up tomorrow. I was ready to buy everything on GS while on a perfectly timed break at work...nothing.

Ludist210

I got:
Robin
Lucina
Wario
Charizard
Pac-Man

I missed:
Ness

I also missed Jigglypuff, but that one wasn't on my "must-have" list. Ness was...I got a buddy who's possibly keeping his import for me though. I'll find that out soon enough.

TheGrue

Really lucked out today. My kid had a severe peanut allergy today at lunch so I was able to stop by Gamestop on the way to the hospital to get Ness.

This is a joke post, right? Please tell me it is. Making fun of the other person's teacher post? Right? Right?

Kama_1082

Banned
I live in the US, worked menial jobs in college and have to fight for hours now at my job. Not everyone is lucky good sir.

I'll get up when I get up tomorrow. I was ready to buy everything on GS while on a perfectly timed break at work...nothing.
Wouldn't call it luck, but I call it a lot of years of hard work being broke :p

-Horizon-

Assuming joke until proven otherwise because I wouldn't know how to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom