• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Really lucked out today. My kid had a severe peanut allergy today at lunch so I was able to stop by Gamestop on the way to the hospital to get Ness.

I can't believe they aren't going to put Ness online for order. What a mess.

This is a joke post, right? Please tell me it is. Making fun of the other person's teacher post? Right? Right?

Doesn't matter I still lol'd.
this is a joke post please don't crucify me.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I was very fortunate today. I decided to go skydiving today and almost didn't pull my parachute. Luckily I happened to land in Gamestop and preordered right before my luxury jet picked me up on the rooftop!

You guys and your crazy stories.

shanafan

Target sold out immediately, best buy sold out immediately, and the demand crashed GameStop's network.

Nintendo has had plenty of time to figure out the demand, but this shit is still so limited. Totally intentional.

I imagine it's more the retailers protecting themselves based on prior events. Earlier waves saw a lot of issues with orders getting cancelled, etc. Now, with amiibo like Mega Man and Sonic, even Toad more readily available, we could see wave 5 more populated at stores. But for now, retailers have to trend carefully.

Rockman

This is a joke post, right? Please tell me it is. Making fun of the other person's teacher post? Right? Right?

I doubt it. Everyone has lost their fucking minds due to these things. Myself included. I even got my wife sucked into this whole mess.

RootCause

The Haves
Lucina (BB)
Robin (BB)
Pacman (BB)
JigglyPuff (Target)

The Have nots
Ness (who knows how)
Greninja (TRU tomorrow if lucky)
Wario (Amazon)
Charizard (Amazon)
Dat jiggylucinabin. ;0 lucky.
My JPuff order almost went through. Clicked the complete order, and sent me to the empty cart.

Really lucked out today. My kid had a severe peanut allergy today at lunch so I was able to stop by Gamestop on the way to the hospital to get Ness.

I can't believe they aren't going to put Ness online for order. What a mess.

Can't even tell if this is a joke anymore with how amiibos have fucked with common sense and decency.

Edit: Lol sorry...it's just hard to be sure after that guys comment.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Landing *in* Gamestop is a true feat. You deserved your amiibo score.

I phased through the roof like The Flash due to my velocity. The impact from my landing automatically preordered everyone for me!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So I heard that the website might've been intentionally DDoS'd... Anyone know anything further with that? Might explain the 85x Black Friday traffic.

I was very fortunate today. I decided to go skydiving today and almost didn't pull my parachute. Luckily I happened to land in Gamestop and preordered right before my luxury jet picked me up on the rooftop!

You guys and your crazy stories.
I put a small dog in a sleeper hold! That'll teach the fucker to get in between me and my amiibos, brother! Thanks, Gamestop!

AdanVC

Saw this on tumblr and goddammen they're right

sinttuloffkxbfy.jpg

I doubt it. Everyone has lost their fucking minds due to these things. Myself included. I even got my wife sucked into this whole mess.

The 15 or so people in line at my Charlotte area Gamestop were a rather sad looking lot of people, all seeming more dejected that their lives had been reduced to standing in a line for hours to preorder plastic toys. That said, I did get to see people play Monster Hunter. It was the first time I had every seen more than one 3DS in the same place. Made me wish I like Monster Hunter. :)

LOL at some of the eBayers that are selling Gold Mario with "best offer" options. They're only accepting like, 2 cents less than the BIN.

I'm trying to score one for $30/free, but meh. Waited a tad too long I guess. I'm seeing more in the $40-50 range.

rjinaz

Can we safely assume that Amazon will not put the pre orders up for today?

Or I shall not sleep today!?

I don't remember Amazon ever putting something live this late. I would say if not in the next 20 mins, then no. In fact I'm going to stop auto refreshing then.

zulux21

So why did GameStop change the way they handled preorders?
I preferred the old way.

That one is easy. The new way gets them all the money up front and forces people into the store where they may impulse buy something they see.

the old way was more customer friendly and didn't force them to go out of their way or give a two month loan to gamestop.

An awesome friend of mine went to two different Gamestops for me today to hunt for my Ness while I was at work. First shop was a fail, scored me Ness at the second store. Needless to say that friend got treated to dinner tonight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom