• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

Keep trying for Greninja guys.

Maybe Lucina too but expect the worst :/

Also got my acknowledgement emails for lucina robin and greninja

Meeps

Luckily my friend in California just called to wake me up. I'm confused though...it says there's a limit of 1 for Greninja, but it lets you check out with 2. I only got one, but my friend didn't even notice when she was ordering. I hope they don't cancel.

I am so pissed...

I had no issues getting any rares from Wave 1-3,except the Lucario hoop(l)a. Now this.

I fear I'll never get Lucina or Robin :( Sucks that I also have to pay $5 shipping on TRU because they rest weren't even UP to purchase...
I have three separate orders for $5 each because I wasn't waiting for them to pile in my cart all at once. I'll take it though as long as they make it to me safely.

And man, the TRU site stepped up its server game. I had zero hiccups during all that. I honestly didn't expect that to happen.

Oh wow, apparently no changes can be made to orders when they're submitted, even changes to shipping.

I apparently get free shipping but didn't realize it, so I'm paying $10 more than I need to

What kind of shitshow is TRU running here?

zulux21

Luckily my friend in California just called to wake me up. I'm confused though...it says there's a limit of 1 for Greninja, but it lets you check out with 2. I only got one, but my friend didn't even notice when she was ordering. I hope they don't cancel.

yup. It's rather silly to have a limit, especially with tiny text, and not have the website refuse to allow more than that limit in your cart.

Samaritan

Oh wow, apparently no changes can be made to orders when they're submitted, even changes to shipping.

I apparently get free shipping but didn't realize it, so I'm paying $10 more than I need to

What kind of shitshow is TRU running here?

Contact support about it and they should get you sorted out. Had to do the same thing with my Lucario order.

I got an email though I only ordered Char and Nnja.

I tried getting a Lucina for you and got

"The following item(s) or quantity is not available. You will not be charged for any item that is not available for shipment.
We have removed the item(s) from your order.

(1) Lucina amiibo"

=/

SaviourMK2

If you use Paypal does Toysrus charge right away or wait until it ships?

My Paypal receipt said:

Hello -blank-,

Thanks for your order at Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us. Money won't leave your account until Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us processes your order.
Thanks for using PayPal. To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account. Keep in mind, it may take a few moments for this transaction to appear.

zulux21

so before the TRU stuff went live there was talk of something going live at 4 am and being confirmed somewhere, what was that?

Shun

I feel so unmotivated right now... I've been trying to get Fire Emblem all day and I keep narrowly missing it.

I missed out on Fire Emblem each and every time for the imports AND the US ones so far after putting them in my cart and failing.

Ike and Marth, I was able to get but these 2 are just making me feel crushed.

I hope Amazon can give me another chance.

Samaritan

so before the TRU stuff went live there was talk of something going live at 4 am and being confirmed somewhere, what was that?

This was all supposed to happen at 7am EST/4AM PST. But TRU jumped the gun and here we are. People were relying on the information TRU provided themselves about when pre-orders would start, but lo and behold here we are.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
You guys don't think it's worth snagging a regular color Mario now that he's up do you?
Rather than strolling in and hoping he isn't suddenly a surprise hot seller?

-Horizon-

I tried getting a Lucina for you and got

"The following item(s) or quantity is not available. You will not be charged for any item that is not available for shipment.
We have removed the item(s) from your order.

(1) Lucina amiibo"

=/
Awe, it's fine, it's the thought that counts <3

CorvoSol

My Paypal receipt said:

Hello -blank-,

Thanks for your order at Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us. Money won't leave your account until Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us processes your order.
Thanks for using PayPal. To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account. Keep in mind, it may take a few moments for this transaction to appear.

Same here.

Velcro Fly

had to go to firefox but i think i got greninja

got confirmation already

looks like even though everything was fine with lucina/robin i didn't get them but got greninja

that sucks i wanted to help out amiibo gaf :(

GeekComplex

Neo Member
This was all supposed to happen at 7am EST/4AM PST. But TRU jumped the gun and here we are. People were relying on the information TRU provided themselves about when pre-orders would start, but lo and behold here we are.

See, you say that, but the last few hours of the thread are people continually asking for the source of that info and never getting one.
Misdirection is a cheap and easily accessible tool. All I'm saying.

GAMERG0D

Wow I had my alarm set for 5 AM and not 3:30 AM so somehow my body subconsciously knew to wake up at the right time. Too bad I missed Robin and Lucina but there's always the other stores.

apparently you can order up to 5 greninjas even though it says 1 per customer. Wanted to see how many scalpers could buy. no way the orders go through

Samaritan

See, you say that, but the last few hours of the thread are people continually asking for the source of that info and never getting one.
Misdirection is a cheap and easily accessible tool. All I'm saying.

I suppose that's true, but Polygon ran it after contacting a TRU rep who relayed that information, so apparently it at least came from an "official" source, which is good enough for me to be upset about this for those who will miss out because they went to bed expecting pre-orders later this morning. :/

zulux21

ah, thanks for the response, I wasn't sure as I was playing some MLB the show and just popping in. and all I caught before the preorders went live was

just retail. getting mixed reports if online sales will still happen or not.
(in response to "did gamestop ever do the online sale of ness and others or just retail?")
Mod verified
(the very next post by that user)
thus I wanted to check to make sure ness wasn't confirmed for an hour from now and I can go to bed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom