• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogstep

Still don't see any of my orders on my TRU account, but I got order acknowledgement email so I assume that's still as good?

zulux21

apparently you can order up to 5 greninjas even though it says 1 per customer. Wanted to see how many scalpers could buy. no way the orders go through

I did a quick search on TRU amiibo cancellations, and while there was a lot of info out there about them cancelling stuff, non of it seemed to be about quantity just rancom lucario, pit and falcon cancellations.

I could have easily missed something though.

SalvaPot

Greninja is down, I tried putting some other amiibos to make shipping free and once I paid... "We removed greninja but charged you for everything else, lol"

Well, at least I got one in that I bought by itself due to fear of it selling out, I was right!

Frogstep

Same here, but I wouldn't be too worried about this. This is exactly how it went with Lucario. Took a couple hours for them to show up, but eventually they were there.

Ah, that's good to hear then. I always missed out on online orders so this is my first proper amiibo online purchase.

Guess there's nothing to do but wait till morning and check then. Thanks! :p

Samaritan

Ah, that's good to hear then. I always missed out on online orders so this is my first proper amiibo online purchase.

Guess there's nothing to do but wait till morning and check then. Thanks! :p

I know how it is though! We've all been trained to be as paranoid as humanly possible about any minute possibility of these getting canceled, so I'm definitely in the same boat right now, even though I know how this went with Lucario before. xD

$20.82 in VA

pretty ridiculous, yet I bought one so that's my problem.

I said no to paying that premium in the morning for Robin and the others, but now, seeing how quick they went earlier had no choice >_>

Still better than the huge markup the scalpers will put on them though

Tabasco

Got Greninja and Charizard emails. Missed out on Lucina, Robin, and Wario.

I also have Pac-Man from Best Buy. Will Jigglypuff and Ness get restocked?

GeekComplex

Neo Member
I've been super, super conservative about my spending as of late.
Today, I spent somewhere around 100 bucks on Amiibos.
I feel like I'm in the opening scene of Requiem for a Dream.

I got the email from Toys R Us minutes after my order. I also got Xenoblade Chronicles 3D in the cart since pre-ordering it makes free shipping happen (assuming the Greninja amiibo doesn't do that alone). So I managed to get two things that I want in one quick swoop and I hope that I don't have to stress over an Amiibo ever again.
Splatoon figures are going to be rare, aren't they?
I'm usually not into Amiibos, but I had to get my main fighter.

Also, that was really dirty for Toys R Us to pull this on people who are sleeping till 7AM. Retailer exclusives lead to annoying stuff like this. :/

I had it dammit WTF

The following item(s) or quantity is not available. You will not be charged for any item that is not available for shipment.
We have removed the item(s) from your order.

(1) Greninja amiibo

Frogstep

I know how it is though! We've all been trained to be as paranoid as humanly possible about any minute possibility of these getting canceled, so I'm definitely in the same boat right now, even though I know how this went with Lucario before. xD

Oh god, I hope that's not the case with these. Charizard and Greninja were both up for so long so I hope there's no cancellations. D:

with how robin and lucina are selling out it's likely $21.75 each will be a steal for them. wouldn't be surprised if lucina reached the holy trinity levels.

i had robin & lucina in my cart along with pac man. with them + greninja i would've gotten free shipping but mobile wasn't working so i had to turn on my PC, lucina and robin were gone so i decided to just go with greninja. gonna try my luck with amazon for the others + splatoon 3 pack

zulux21

Still no confirmation e-mail for Lucina and Robin so I'm assuming I got cart jacked.

there is a good chance the thingy that handles the confirmation emails is bogged down and really behind on them and will just take extra time to get them out... perhaps even hours.

Samaritan

Oh god, I hope that's not the case with these. Charizard and Greninja were both up for so long so I hope there's no cancellations. D:

I'm guessing the only possibility of cancellations is for those who pre-ordered more than 1 of each Amiiibo. I ended up getting 2 Greninja, one for myself and for my friend who is, of course, asleep right now because he's not insane. So I'm a little worried, but I'm hoping they'll just bop my order down to 1 Greninja. :|

I guess me getting Jigglypuff, Ness, Charizard, Pac-Man, and Greninja ain't too bad all things considered. I had exceptional luck getting all these thus far but it looks like that's starting to go away now. I'll have to put up my Gold Mario for trade to get Lucina or Robin it looks like and get the other from a scalper. I'm holding out hope that Wario won't be too hard to come by, but he seems to be selling out really quickly which leads me to believe he won't be common afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom