• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimnos

Wow, so I only got a Greninja from sheer luck of needing the bathroom in the middle of the night? WTF? It's like this entire process is actively hostile to people who work during the day.

zulux21

i had robin & lucina in my cart along with pac man. with them + greninja i would've gotten free shipping but mobile wasn't working so i had to turn on my PC, lucina and robin were gone so i decided to just go with greninja. gonna try my luck with amazon for the others + splatoon 3 pack

ah still, if past history is anything to go off of greninja will be what $35-$50 to get second hand? so $22 is still a good price.

Damnit. Just found out and have Pac-Man in my cart. I want him, but thats $7 extra dollars when you include shipping...and he hasn't sold out yet. He has to be common. Taking my chances since he isn't top priority and waiting him out.

Edit: Also how long was Greninja up for? I wanna know since the longer it is, the less I'll likely have to pay at scalper prices lol.

Only reason I caved on greninja is cause it would most likely cost me $20 anyway of if I asked a gaffer to ship it to me so whatever. Least I was able to snag one
wait what site are guys looking at for preorders at 330am?
Toys r us. Be prepared to pay crazy shipping cost

CorvoSol

there is a good chance the thingy that handles the confirmation emails is bogged down and really behind on them and will just take extra time to get them out... perhaps even hours.

I will legitimately need therapy by the time this all comes to a close.

But like, even the website doesn't show anything.

Frogstep

I'm guessing the only possibility of cancellations is for those who pre-ordered more than 1 of each Amiiibo. I ended up getting 2 Greninja, one for myself and for my friend who is, of course, asleep right now because he's not insane. So I'm a little worried, but I'm hoping they'll just bop my order down to 1 Greninja. :|

Oh I did the same thing, except I did a second single order of just my friends Greninja when she wasn't picking up her phone. :p

Got order acknowledgements for both so hope they go through. *fingers crossed*

zulux21

I don't think the website is showing any of the amiibo orders. I know there have been a few people saying that in the thread, and I don't have an order there just a confirmation email.

did you finish checking out and get told your order was finished? if so just give it time to sort things out and get emails out.

volgihn

Next thread title should be Greninja'd or something similar. Was prepared to wake up in a few hours to grab some amiibos, Decided to check the pc because I was having trouble falling asleep and then all the pre orders were sold out.

Thoraxes

I just want one fucking amiibo too.

God damn these retailer exclusives. After this shit is over i'm never shopping at those stores again.

CorvoSol

I don't think the website is showing any of the amiibo orders. I know there have been a few people saying that in the thread, and I don't have an order there just a confirmation email.

did you finish checking out and get told your order was finished? if so just give it time to sort things out and get emails out.

Paypal told me that I did, but TRU was getting weird. I feel like it sent me back to my cart at least once after the paypal thing happened.

Rockman

For those of you who were able to pick up some in person at GameStop yesterday are your orders showing up on the website? Mine still aren't.... I got my confirmation emails but when I try to view those orders I get

"Sorry, but no orders were found based on the information given."

Samaritan

Oh I did the same thing, except I did a second single order of just my friends Greninja when she wasn't picking up her phone. :p

Got order acknowledgements for both so hope they go through. *fingers crossed*

Gah! That was probably really smart doing two separate orders. Should've thought of that. I think it's funny how none of us are scalpers but we're resorting to scalper-esque tactics just to be sure we get the stupid things because of how unsure everything is! It's insane.

Neoxon

And I think I got cart-jacked.

But seriously, the only reason I made the Mibbit chat is so we can get instant notifications of incoming pre-orders. Once again, quote this for the link.

TheGrue

For those of you who were able to pick up some in person at GameStop yesterday are your orders showing up on the website? Mine still aren't.... I got my confirmation emails but when I try to view those orders I get

My order does not show up in their normal order section. If you pull down the menu when you're signed in, there is an option for Guest/In-Store order. I popped my email and confirmation in there and it shows up.

Handy Link

Your web in store orders don't show up on your account. Only orders directly from the web site do. It's dumb. I know. You should be fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom